Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges [Focused personal feedback]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sigma421
This thread has specific feedback on specific lounge visits by flyertalkers since the change to BaxterStorey. Here's a list of specific reviews in this thread by lounge.

General Discussion is found on a separate thread

T5 Concorde Room
Hannibal Lecter 2 vists
G-BPED May 18th
Genius1 19 May
Squeeler c.May 21st
BizFlyin c.May 28th
Land-of-Miles 1st June, Land-of-Miles 1st June
harryhv June 12th

T5 Galleries First
PUCCI GALORE 17th May, 20th May
Flying Doctor 23rd May
lorcancoyle 25th May
itsmeitisss 26th May, itsmeitisss 26th May
brutha 26th May
BizFlyin 27th May
MarkLHR 28th May
BAAZ 28th May
mclachlan4321 28th May
DominicB 28th May
Arbeiter2 30th May
PleasureFlyer 31st May
paulieuk 31st May
PleasureFlyer 31st May
GUWonder 31st May
thebestbf 1st June
BA235 (10 Visits) 1st May - 1st June
mclachlan4321 2nd June
brunos 2nd June
nobbyclark 2nd June
squeeler 3rd June
paulwuk 3rd June
Layz 4th June, Layz 4th June
orbitmic 12th June
InfiniteCycle June 17th

T3 Galleries First
Petrus c.20th May
economyman 27th May

T5 Galleries Club
londonflyingbird 1st May
Genius1 11 May
Genius1 19 May
TheDafariMan c.22nd May
bafan 22nd May
GLA 23rd May
jamiebf 24th May
0hnoes 25th May
rossmacd 26th May
EuropeanPete c. 28th May
BingBongBoy 29th May
IAMORGAN 1st June
KeaneJohn, 1st June
HIDDY 1st June
drsh99 2nd June
CT-UK 3rd June
visualAd 3rd June
Private Pyle 14th June
Private Pyle 16th June
sigma421 13th July and 19th July

T3 Galleries Club
Kimml Early May

T1 UK + Ireland
BahrainLad June 13th

T5 Galleries Arrivals
windowontheAside 18th May

LGW Galleries First
orbitmic, May 30th
travellinglight, 1st June

LGW Galleries Club
missdimeaner, May 11th

MAN Terraces
rossmacd 26th May
visualAd 3rd June

EDI Galleries
nobbyclark 2nd June

All lounges
corporate-wages-slave 34 lounge visits in 26 days!
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:11 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
I am in there later today, what was the champagne?
It was rose and white Castenau yesterday. Reminded me of pink and regular diesel. One was for agricultural use only. Luckily there was Tatt on board.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
There were two bottles of Tatt in the LGW F Lounge yesterday.

The red wine was pretty poor - the only one not from the new world was a generic French table wine with no provenance on the label.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 1:27 am

I'm in T5 F this morning and actually feel a lot more positive about food hygiene.

The food is still overcooked and generally unappealing though!

Castlnau seems to be the champers of choice although there are two Tatt 2006 bottles in the Gold bar.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 1:35 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold

Maybe BA are playing it smart? Get a terrible hygiene rating, improve it, confetti and applause follows whilst they subtly remove all the decent alcohol.

Are we to expect white lighting?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 2:49 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
I'm in T5 F this morning and actually feel a lot more positive about food hygiene.

Castlnau seems to be the champers of choice although there are two Tatt 2006 bottles in the Gold bar.
I was also there, and didn't feel the same. Breakfast was the least affected enhancement, but the psychosomatic effects of the health rating mean I can no longer fairly judge, or simply enjoy it.

Bacon was stodgy, possibly a little cold. I saw them remove a bowl of egg, but I expect it was simply topped up and returned.

Especially after the second disastrous check 6 weeks after the first one, BA no longer get the benefit of the doubt.

Has anyone succeeded in putting in a claim for the cost of a safe meal?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:35 am

Now in EDI. Catering is the usual standard. I have no concerns regarding food hygiene here as the staff do seem to take pride in keeping things clean.

Note I did find a small stone in the soup! The soup is a vegetable one and stones are common in items like lentils etc.

not going to take it further as stuff happens...
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:48 am

[QUOTE=paulwuk;21603770]
I was also there, and didn't feel the same. Breakfast was the least affected enhancement, but the psychosomatic effects of the health rating mean I can no longer fairly judge, or simply enjoy it.

Bacon was stodgy, possibly a little cold. I saw them remove a bowl of egg, but I expect it was simply topped up and returned.

Especially after the second disastrous check 6 weeks after the first one, BA no longer get the benefit of the doubt.

The bacon was very meh. But I did state that my new feelings were based around hygiene not food quality. The council reinspection must be soon, if not already happened. Will be interesting to see the results.

PS. They seem to have gone to IKEA and bought a lot more champagne glasses. Another crazy problem that was easy to fix seems to have been fixed...
Old Oct 14, 2013, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC

I had a late breakfast in GF on Saturday during my first visit as a Gold.

No complaints with the quality (although there do seem to be occasional bits of gristle or bone in sausages) but it all just seemed a bit cool (or, in fact, cold).

However there were gallons of Tattinger, which was a great sight.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 6:30 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Variety in snacks was also a strong theme from our research. We now provide a greater selection of fresh fruit as well as a better quality range of biscuits and cakes. The packaging limited our options, so we chose a fresher product that could also be displayed in an attractive way. Current consumption of cakes and biscuits has increased significantly plus we have had many positive comments about the quality and variety so we have no plans to change this.
Well, it seems the selection of buscuits that customers apparently wanted, and there were no plans to change, have changed again! The lemon biscuits were, IMHO, one of the few decent things about the new lounge options, but these have now gone. The 'higher quality produce' that was brought in has now been 'enhanced' and replaced with a far less tasty option. I noticed the change in T5 on Friday and had it confirmed by one of the staff in Glasgow last night. Luckily they had a few lemon biscuits left in a jar, so I was able to lament the change briefly before my flight. I appreciate things have to change from time to time, but the lack of consistency across the range is one of the things that's annoying me the most.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by stevieed
<snip>

Are we to expect white lighting?
Embarrassingly I spotted the typo in that sentence ....
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
GC south for lunch on Friday - main dishes very poor . Sigh.

(add mustard chicken to list of things not to eat in the lounge)

So irritated by this and afternoon tea I sent an email, any difference from stock cut and paste I will report back, somehow I doubt it given the automated email reply stated they wre taking longer than usual to reply to emails!
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Latest comment referring to a criticism of the rice.

'Get a life you burk, nothing else to worry about'?

The Guest Book is basically BAFT

P.s. I didn't write it.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
Originally Posted by paulwuk
Sort of... Mrs Sinanju I received a $100 voucher each for not wanting to risk the food in the CCR. I requested that they be directed to charity, as I'm not flying BA again until the Flounge staff demonstrate consistent and sustained good hygiene practices. That request has gone unanswered, so I may be looking for advice about how to dispose of them.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
I was in GC North this morning -- I'd normally go South, but the gate was nearby and I didn't have as much spare time as I wanted to -- and I was reminded why I prefer South when it comes to food. Bacon rolls were nowhere to be seen and there were only a couple of slices of toast in the trays. Pastries were cold and were on plates away from the main food section. In GC South, at least, both pastries and toast/bacon rolls are under heat lamps, which makes them more enjoyable to eat.

Also, since I regard providing reading material as part of catering, I would like to remark that the Times was nowhere to be seen this morning in the North lounge whereas there are always plenty of copies in the South one.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I was in T5 GF yesterday from about 18:00 - tea-time.

- Sandwiches, looking (and tasting) dry and sad.
- no scones, or clotted cream
- grilled chicken breast was undercooked in the centre (IMO dangerous)
- liquified food in round bowls has not improved

There was Taittinger 2006, which was pleasant relief.

The comments "book" had been "relieved" of all but the last sheet containing 3 comments, all negative.

Still no sign of improvement or communication from BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.