FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges [Focused personal feedback]
Old Jul 21, 2013, 2:25 am
sigma421

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Two recent visits to Terminal 5 GC North.

First was last Saturday in the wake of the disruption during afternoon teatime. This aspect of the service was even worse than I expected. A few sandwiches and one or two rock hard looking cakes and that was it. Honestly there's more to eat in the UK outstation lounges at these times! Couldn't they at least keep the salad bar going in the afternoon or bring back the cereals? I went for a flip through the guestbook while I was in the lounge and a member of BS staff (who were all generally lovely) approached me and asked me to 'only read the good stuff' and said they were sorry there wasn't much to eat!
Visit this Friday evening (around 7:30pm) was much better. Beef bourguignon was fine and salad bar with chorizo was a nice improvement.
Only other comment I would make is that I don't see the point in having Pimm's when there is no lemonade! Pimm's and Sprite isn't quite the same (I tried!)