Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Thread for new destinations YOU would suggest Turkish Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Bronze | DELTA Skymiles | EK Skywards | Lufthansa Miles&More

Personally I do focus on destinations where maybe demand is low but yields are astronomical. Examples for TK's current destinations are Mogadishu, Kabul or Kinshasa. Furthermore my proposed routes focus on destinations that would only require 3-4 weekly frequencies and not require many 77W's.

North America:
Boston 4x333
Miami 4x343
San Francisco 5x77W

Latin America:
Caracas-Bogota 3x343
Havana 2x333

Africa:
Abuja(triangle)Port Harcourt 3x333
Asmara 4x738/320
Libreville-Pointe Noire 3x739
Luanda 4x739/333
Luxor 5x738/320
Marrakech 4x738/320
Oran 3x738/320

Europe:
Bergen(triangle)Stavanger 5x738/320
Krasnodar 3x737/319
Salzburg 3x738/320

Asia:
Atyrau 3x737/319
Chengdu-Chongqing 4x333
Isfahan 3x738/320
Kandahar 2x738/320
Lahore 3x738/320
Manila 4x343
Qassim 3x319/737
Taipei 4x333
Turkmenbashi 2x319/737
Urumqi 3x739

Feel free to add your suggestions or to comment on mine
Old Nov 27, 2012, 2:57 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Interesting list EK flyer. Even as a frequent flyer I had to get the old atlas out to find some of these

Personally I still would like them to route down to SYD. So few *A options from Europe.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:24 pm

Thumbs up Crete

IST-HER 1x daily on a 738
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:30 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
YVR!!!

YVR - 777W any frequency will make me very happy, and keep comfort class
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:37 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I think Manila (as has already been announced a few years back but not started) would be a good idea.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:57 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Was thinking about URC's potential as a TK destination earlier today. CZ (that of Sky Team, which has a bit of a hub in URC), flies the route (starting in PEK), but it's not daily. I wonder if they could get a triangle route with Kashgar...again, not to be a daily service.

How about Malabo?

A tag-on to Busan?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Bronze | DELTA Skymiles | EK Skywards | Lufthansa Miles&More
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Was thinking about URC's potential as a TK destination earlier today. CZ (that of Sky Team, which has a bit of a hub in URC), flies the route (starting in PEK), but it's not daily. I wonder if they could get a triangle route with Kashgar...again, not to be a daily service.

How about Malabo?

A tag-on to Busan?
Very intertesting ideas BuildingMyBento! Personally I would love to visit Kashgar one day, but I doubt TK would attract many tourists and a complete lack of business travellers wouldn't help the yields But I could imagine routing Ulanbator via Urumqi instead of Bishkek despite the lack of 3rd freedom rights between China and Mongolia.

Malabo is certainly an interesting destination, the oil industry is booming there as far as I know and much traffic to China these days.

Busan could work as they would win hands down against Lufthansa but dont forget that LH profits because of the investments of German companies in factories around Busan.

How about Windhoek by the way? There is a strong demand between Germany and Namibia, Air Namabia is a negligible competitor (no offense) and Lufthansa refuses to seize the opportunity. Given the plethora of TK routes to Germany whis could be an interesting route (I would introduce Windhoek-Cape Town, and then extend Johannesburg to Durban).
Old Dec 1, 2012, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Hanoi & Ho Chi Minh
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:35 pm

Kuala Lumpur, Taipei, Manila, Yangon, Kathmandu, Pyongyang. I know last 3 cities are least expected, but isn't that what TK is doing these days?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bilguun
Kuala Lumpur, Taipei, Manila, Yangon, Kathmandu, Pyongyang. I know last 3 cities are least expected, but isn't that what TK is doing these days?
What about Ulan Batorrrr?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Bilguun
Yangon sounds like a good option, increasing business and tourism travel for sure. Kathmandu, well, why not? Didn't Lauda fly there? Seems good for tourists, but as a non-stop...

Marrakech?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
What about Ulan Batorrrr?
I think they fly there, with 5th freedom rights from FRU (Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan).
Old Dec 5, 2012, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Yangon sounds like a good option, increasing business and tourism travel for sure. Kathmandu, well, why not? Didn't Lauda fly there? Seems good for tourists, but as a non-stop...

Marrakech?
Yangon and Kathmandu both make sense but given the competition of Qatar Airways TK will probably wait until the market is large enough to support two carriers. Pyongyang is certainly not realistic The only traffic would be ~85% diplomatic which is well served via Beijing.

Some additional ideas:
Santiago de Chile (via EZE) 3x77W - the Chilean aviation market was last year one of the top 10 fastest growing aviation markets, growing traffic with Asia especially China

Hangzhou/Nanjing triangle 5x333 - growing business and tourist market, high yield traffic only served by KLM/Lufthansa, strong traffic between Germany and Nanjing

Gaborone via Lusaka 4x343 - Lusaka: booming mining industry and once again strong traffic to China , Gaborone: tourism, no intercontinental flight to Europe, strong demand from the UK

Juba 2x737/319 - high yield traffic, just like Mogadishu no real competition for traffic

And now one route that will undoutedly be subject to political agreements as Somaliland and Puntland regard themselves as independant countries: Somalia might protest against TK flying there as it could be regarded as an indirect campaign for supporting their independance:

Bosaso/Hargeisa* triangle 2x737/319

And by the way these two regions are relatively safe so there is no need to refuel before landing in order to minimise ground time.

*alternatively one of these two destinations could be replaced by Berbera
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:38 am

How about Dalian (DLC) and Shenyang (SHE)? A bit far for TK to send its meddling 738s to...granted, LH flies to SHE already, and there's a flight on Sichuan Airlines (3U) from YVR to SHE (continuing to CTU, another reasonable option for TK), but DLC must be waiting for the rumors too.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Would like to see the three US Destinations be daily.

Connections to Middle East/Indian Subcontinent/Southeast Asia/East Africa should make it work. I think O&D to Turkey would increase for BOS/SFO markets as well.

Any chance for DPS/REP/HKT tag-ons?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.