Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - eff 1 May 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2013, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
This thread gives details of the changeover of catering supplier to British Airways lounges in the UK in April to June 2013. The new supplier is BaxterStorey, taking over from Compass / Restaurant Associates. For details of the current catering arrangements in specific lounges please see below

LHR lounges - terminals 1, 3 and 5:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights. This is due to change to BaxterStorey on 12 June 2013.

For the lounges in Gatwick and UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013

There's various methods to give feedback on the catering changes. These include:
  • The lounge guest book - comments left here are read by BA and BaxterStorey managers on site.
  • Twitter - tweet @British_Airways and @Baxter_Storey your experience at the time.
  • Through BA.com - its useful for BA to hear what you think whether you're a high tier point earner or just an occasional business class traveller.
  • Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - Note to this forum from BA Executive Club (which says they are monitoring feedback in that thread).
Print Wikipost

New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - eff 1 May 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by haasha
I really don't get the UK obsession with jacket potatoes and something. Where something is canned tuna or grated cheese 8 times out of 10. Even baked beans on toast seems to be more "meal" than this.

I would feel really cheated, if I had to settle for this option. But I did not grow up here, so I have different opinion.
Likewise.

The pasta with tomato sauce is the only hot buffet dish that is reasonably consistent and decent.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:01 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Raffles
Arrived at GC T5 last night at about 5.30 tombe confronted by sandwiches and the dry slabs of cake. Not excited, although nothing wrong with the tuna sandwich I tried.

Gloop appeared about 6pm and did not look good. However, a pile of jacket potatoes was also there, and one of those, stuffed with tuna mayo from the salad side, was OK.

What I do like is the way they keep the uneaten food from the previous presentation on the side, so you can still have that.
Originally Posted by haasha
I really don't get the UK obsession with jacket potatoes and something. Where something is canned tuna or grated cheese 8 times out of 10. Even baked beans on toast seems to be more "meal" than this.

I would feel really cheated, if I had to settle for this option. But I did not grow up here, so I have different opinion.
Originally Posted by stifle
Likewise.

The pasta with tomato sauce is the only hot buffet dish that is reasonably consistent and decent.
This all goes to show just how far the Flounge offering has deteriorated since the latest 'enhancements'.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
This all goes to show just how far the Flounge offering has deteriorated since the latest 'enhancements'.
Aren't the comments about Galleries Club (GC) ? We aren't all lucky enough to have access to GF...
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by bafan
Aren't the comments about Galleries Club (GC) ? We aren't all lucky enough to have access to GF...
Oops, typo - the point is the same though!

Remember, according to BA the changes in the Club Lounges have been "well received" by their customers ... yeah, sure they have
Old Aug 6, 2013, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Sadly I cannot find the post re BaxterStorey where the person told me it was impossible for me to manipulate Google to publicise our complaints.

However, search 'baxterstorey' on Google in the UK and I now seem to have a very prominent entry at No 4! It is driving quite a bit of traffic as well.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Raffles
Sadly I cannot find the post re BaxterStorey where the person told me it was impossible for me to manipulate Google to publicise our complaints.

However, search 'baxterstorey' on Google in the UK and I now seem to have a very prominent entry at No 4! It is driving quite a bit of traffic as well.
Your site shows up as number 6 for me, but it's still prominent on the first page of Google. I love the title too: BaxterStorey ruins British Airways lounge catering

You're top for BaxterStorey British Airways, their own press release "BaxterStorey flies high with British Airways contract" is below your site, the BA catering blog and FlyerTalk.

I wouldn't be surprised if the popularity of your blog has helped with some of the real improvements we've seen. In particular the F lounge breakfast buffet was superb the last time I travelled through. The rest of the day buffet still needs work though, but I've had no issues with ordering from the menu.

I'm now more than satisfied with the morning offering, and the made to order options make the F lounge still a good place the rest of the day. I can't be the only one who never used to order from the menu when Compass provided the catering as the buffet provided more variety.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.