Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Manchester Do and Concorde Tour 15 March 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Manchester Do and Concorde Tour 15 March 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2012, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Put me down as a likely on both the Concorde tour and the evening do, will confirm soon.

T
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *Gold
Thanks to everyone who has registered their interest so far, post #2 updated. Please pm me if I've missed anyone.

There is still plenty of room - we have capacity for 40 for sit down dining or 50 for a buffet style option. In true "revman" style we will also allow a degree of overbooking for the main event based on an algorithm known only to your co-hosts.

We'll update on the capacity for the Concorde Tour, but the numbers are beginning to look viable for a private FT tour
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC at last back to Gold, Flying Blue, Red with the Bearded One, Accor, Finnair Plus Blue
Originally Posted by RedVee
Thanks to everyone who has registered their interest so far, post #2 updated. Please pm me if I've missed anyone.

There is still plenty of room - we have capacity for 40 for sit down dining or 50 for a buffet style option. In true "revman" style we will also allow a degree of overbooking for the main event based on an algorithm known only to your co-hosts.

We'll update on the capacity for the Concorde Tour, but the numbers are beginning to look viable for a private FT tour
please add me to the Concorde tour :-D thanks

ps. I am at the Hoilday Inn Xpress not far from Waxy's

Last edited by thundercat; Dec 24, 2012 at 3:50 am
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thundercat
please add me to the Concorde tour :-D thanks

ps. I am at the Hoilday Inn Xpress not far from Waxy's

Thanks Thundercat. For those with Priority Club points, the Holiday Inn looks good at 15k points and £25!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
March for me in recent years has been busy flying wise. At the moment I am in the UK on the 15th so put me down as a possible, I will only be able to confirm perhaps as late as the week before - there is a real possibility I will be heading across the pond but if not, I'll be joining you in Manchester.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Rail tickets to MAN are now available until Friday 15th March. I shall be booking a train leaving at 1000, 1020, 1040 or 1100 and arriving in time for lunch and a short explore of Manchester city centre.

Current one way fares from Euston are GBP 51 in 1ST and GBP 34 in STD.

Perhaps trains for the 16th March shall become available next week.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Rail tickets to MAN are now available until Friday 15th March. I shall be booking a train leaving at 1000, 1020, 1040 or 1100 and arriving in time for lunch and a short explore of Manchester city centre.

Current one way fares from Euston are GBP 51 in 1ST and GBP 34 in STD.

Perhaps trains for the 16th March shall become available next week.
Tempted to get the train now! £33 each way in 1st when you have a railcard . Question now is to go before 10am or at 10am or after 10am!

/AE
Old Dec 26, 2012, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Tobias-UK you are added to the p'raps list - hopefully you can make it.

Thanks to Sixthfreedom and Angelodades for the update on train prices. Info added to the main post. TBH - if I were catching a 10 a.m. train heading north I wouldn't bother with the premium for 1st, and certainly not for a return on the Saturday when the at seat service is minimal. Journey time is just over 2 hrs. YMMV.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RedVee
if I were catching a 10 a.m. train heading north I wouldn't bother with the premium for 1st, and certainly not for a return on the Saturday when the at seat service is minimal. Journey time is just over 2 hrs. YMMV.

Surely the extra space and personal comfort is worth the GBP 17 each way upgrade alone?!

It is not like GBP 200 each way extra for a Club Europe ticket!

Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by angeloedades
£33 each way in 1st when you have a railcard
What railcard permits discounts on 1ST tickets?

Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:32 pm

Surely the extra space and personal comfort is worth the GBP 17 each way upgrade alone?!

It is not like GBP 200 each way extra for a Club Europe ticket!

I would take the upgrade for £17 each way, but not much more especially on a mid-morning or early afternoon train as they are usually pretty quiet. Monday AM or Friday PM I would pay £100+ to sit in 1st as they are usually packed.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:33 pm

The 16-25 Railcard offers discounts on 1st tickets. Not sure which other cards do, if any. Further reading here:

http://www.railcard.co.uk/
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rossmacd
The 16-25 Railcard offers discounts on 1st tickets.
Booker! When I was a youth and had this railcard it only permitted discounts on STD tickets!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: Meow Mix

Originally Posted by rossmacd
The 16-25 Railcard offers discounts on 1st tickets. Not sure which other cards do, if any. Further reading here:

http://www.railcard.co.uk/
Yep, I have that rail card and it is very handy indeed.

/AE
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:07 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
I'll have to make it a day trip as it is my Grandmothers 96th birthday weekend, but count me in for the Do and the Concorde tour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.