Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Manchester Do and Concorde Tour 15 March 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Manchester Do and Concorde Tour 15 March 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2013, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *Gold
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom

I did not book a hotel yet - where are other people staying?
Don't think there is going to be an official "do" hotel, as different people are looking for different things. Thundercat has posted he's booked the Holiday Inn Express near the Printworks, and at the moment I have a points res at the Doubletree Picaddilly, but might change. I think Olybeast was considering the Hilton at the Airport.

But there are some very good prices available atm for the city centre hotels, including Manchester Deansgate Hilton at £83 on the any weekend rate, Crowne Plaza (closer to Waxy's) at £87 and Malmaison (closer to Piccadilly station) at £78.

Airport hotels are good option for some, with Crown Plaza and Radisson Blu at £60, Hilton at £57 and Bewleys at £54.

All prices accurate today (6 Jan) and sourced through Trivago - most are AP rates.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RedVee
Don't think there is going to be an official "do" hotel, as different people are looking for different things. Thundercat has posted he's booked the Holiday Inn Express near the Printworks, and at the moment I have a points res at the Doubletree Picaddilly, but might change. I think Olybeast was considering the Hilton at the Airport.

But there are some very good prices available atm for the city centre hotels, including Manchester Deansgate Hilton at £83 on the any weekend rate, Crowne Plaza (closer to Waxy's) at £87 and Malmaison (closer to Piccadilly station) at £78.

Airport hotels are good option for some, with Crown Plaza and Radisson Blu at £60, Hilton at £57 and Bewleys at £54.

All prices accurate today (6 Jan) and sourced through Trivago - most are AP rates.
I've booked The Renaissance for £87.20 (inc breakfast) if anyone needs to top up their Marriott points.

T
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I booked the Park Inn by Radisson for GBP 71.80. They are having a 'sale' at the moment.

Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, HH Gold
*deleted* sorry, thought it was Saturday

Last edited by rofra; Jan 7, 2013 at 6:41 pm
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:07 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rofra
*deleted* sorry, thought it was Saturday
There is a potential second do on the Saturday night if you're interested?

T
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:25 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

We're back on!!!!!

Great news.... the other party didn't confirm, so the Concorde tour is back on

1:30pm Champagne Reception
2:00pm Tour

The tour will last around 90 minutes, and costs £15. The champagne will cost extra, but we'll sort that out nearer the time.

So, please can everyone who stated an interest please confirm ASAP that you are still coming.

I've booked initially for 20, but we can add more as necessary.

Depending on the numbers, we'll also have to sort out transport. Maybe a coach from the City Centre for people staying over?

Cheers!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:37 am

Programs: BA/EC Silver
Put me down as confirmed (+Concorde tour)! ...good timing, this thread popped back up as a meeting the day before was cancelled, so I can now easily come. Who-hoo!

vm
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *Gold
Originally Posted by VolcanoMan
Put me down as confirmed (+Concorde tour)! ...good timing, this thread popped back up as a meeting the day before was cancelled, so I can now easily come. Who-hoo!

vm
^Moved you to the confirmed list.

boadh398 I've also moved you to the definite list now that the Concorde Tour is confirmed.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:49 am

Put me as confirmed too for both. I've flown back into MAN lots of times and thought "I must go on the Concorde Tour" - finally looks like I will

T
Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:08 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Am supposed to be moving to Berlin this weekend. However, would love to tour Concorde. Put me down +1 for maybe.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by price123
Am supposed to be moving to Berlin this weekend. However, would love to tour Concorde. Put me down +1 for maybe.
Done...

Now, where is Mr Galactic, or doesn't he go north of Watford????
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:51 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Put me down for the tour if there is still a place.

Cheers,
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Circumknowitall
Put me down for the tour if there is still a place.

Cheers,
Done...
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
I have now booked:

- flying in on BA1390 for the Concorde tour
- flying out on 16/3 on BA1389

If anyone wants to be guested in to the lounge GF T5 / MAN let me know. I have also booked the Hilton at Manchester airport which will be a little awkward getting back to in the evening but more convenient in the morning and cheaper than the city hotels are at present.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by visualAd
I have now booked:

- flying in on BA1390 for the Concorde tour
- flying out on 16/3 on BA1389

If anyone wants to be guested in to the lounge GF T5 / MAN let me know. I have also booked the Hilton at Manchester airport which will be a little awkward getting back to in the evening but more convenient in the morning and cheaper than the city hotels are at present.
There is a bus that takes you from the viewing park back to the terminal/bus station. Did it on a long turnaround last summer. It is once every 30 or 60 mins IIRC. It is a short walk to the Hilton from either the station or T3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.