Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Manchester Do and Concorde Tour 15 March 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Manchester Do and Concorde Tour 15 March 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
But you have to admit, it was cozier than the larger room and nicer. At least when we finished the quiz we could listen to the music and mingle. Imo it was better.
It certainly was better! - going off-topic here but is there more of those bonbons ? they were really nice!

/AE
Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ATI Volare Premium, Priority Club Platinum, HHonors Silver
MrsBambi coming along as well to say thanks for everything I've learned on this board - UUA Y+ to CW to NBO last Easter for all 4 of us and 2-4-1 in F to BOS next May (just for 2 of us - heaven forbid children in F ) - don't even consider Y any more.

For those in pairs (no raised eyebrows ) - The Midland do a Friday Feeling special, double (or twin) room and full breakfast for 2 at a cost of £85

MrB
Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:31 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I've volunteered to organise the Concorde tour. I'll start to make some enquires this week, and come up with some options. So, please say ASAP if you'd like to attend, so I can get an estimate of numbers.

Another possibility would be to have an additional smaller drinks/food session on the Saturday afternoon/evening for those people who are making a weekend of it. If anybody is interested, please shout up! There's a great place called The Bakerie that I had in mind.

http://bakerie.co.uk/

Cheers!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I'll be in DUB that weekend

This is the 2nd BA FT do I've been interested in and will have to miss (the other being the NCL one).
Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *Gold
So pleased to have the support of DYKWIA as co-host and organiser of the Concorde Tour. Also for offering to run a Saturday fringe event - this has the makings of a mega do (well maybe a do plus a half!)

Olybeast and MrBambi - thanks for the hotel tips, good to have you and your plus ones attending. Oly - just to let you know the walk from the Airport Train Station can be a bit challenging, but not impossible if you are sober

Layz so sorry you can't make it

Post 1 and 2 updated with new info and attendees.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
Thanks RedVee for the tip. I'll look into it.

Edit 1: I've had a look on googlemaps and what do you mean by challenging?

Edit 2, oh my....:A 24-hour hotel courtesy bus runs on demand between the Hilton Manchester Airport hotel, Manchester International Airport and Manchester Airport station. Let the hotel know you want to be picked up using the dedicated courtesy phones located within all airport terminals and the airport train station.

Last edited by olybeast; Dec 17, 2012 at 1:58 pm
Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Another possibility would be to have an additional smaller drinks/food session on the Saturday afternoon/evening for those people who are making a weekend of it. If anybody is interested, please shout up! There's a great place called The Bakerie that I had in mind.

http://bakerie.co.uk/

Cheers!
That sounds good, DYKWIA. Thanks! ^
Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:57 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by olybeast
Thanks RedVee for the tip. I'll look into it.

I've had a look on googlemaps and what do you mean by challenging?
Oh it's quite simple really (says the teetotaller): bear leftwards out of the station on the ground level, head, towards the BP petrol station, keeping it on your right, the Hilton is right in front. You then have to prevent yourself being killed as you cross the main road. There is an official path but it's basically all the way back to the airport and out again. Anyway I haven't been killed yet, to the best of my knowledge.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Oh it's quite simple really (says the teetotaller): bear leftwards out of the station on the ground level, head, towards the BP petrol station, keeping it on your right, the Hilton is right in front. You then have to prevent yourself being killed as you cross the main road. There is an official path but it's basically all the way back to the airport and out again. Anyway I haven't been killed yet, to the best of my knowledge.
I've stayed at the MAN airport Crowne Plaza and Hilton, both have a shuttle service. In my mind they're both walkable (in my case from T3) if you don't have much luggage.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 2:19 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Manchester Do - 15 March 2013

Would love to come to this DO but I'll be skiing in France during that time, already booked and paid for sorry!

(And the wife would kill me if I even think about a TP run from Chambery to MAN )

So, hope you have a great time, will have to catch up with you in NZ then RedVee ^
Old Dec 17, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
I want to come, but I'm playing Beethoven 4 in Folkestone on March 16... (see the shameless self-promoting? )

Put me down as a maybe... If I do come, the Concorde tour is something in which I would be interested.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Tentative for me please.

Though not sure if I will be travelling from London (assume my contract has been extended again ;-) )

Last edited by johnny5a; Dec 17, 2012 at 2:58 pm
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat Exec, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador & Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
how about if we quizz the men on the mysteries of women?.
I will definitely attend if we get the answer to this question! As we all agreed at breakfast (well at least the men did) - if we knew the answer to that question we would hold the key to the greatest enigma known to man(kind).

Even if we don't get the answer put me down as a yes as I enjoyed the NCL do so much and am pleased to see so many of those that I met there will be attending along with the chance to meet some more FTers.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, Al Fursan: Gold
Count me in please and for the Concorde tour, not sure where to stay but will decide nearer
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:18 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Can you count me in for the Concorde Tour please?

Thanks

Pete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.