Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your BA Food Pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
BCN-LGW (September 2017)
Afternoon tea. Look at the size of that cake!

Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Band 4 CE Lunch ... MLA-LGW. The Beef Casserole looked awful, but was actually wonderfully tasty: eating it with a spoon seemed the obvious way to go!

Oh, no, Tomato and Mozzarella again! Both the dessert and the Cheddar were, however, very tasty.

"Beef Soup"? Delicious, though!

Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
Did a double take at the lack of a bulkhead, but then remembered that is a feature of some of the LGW A320 aircraft.
I know it was my first time on this type but actually did not bother me. Got to have great chats with the crew who were exceptional. ^
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Amidst all the talk of the wonderful improvements to the CW LHR-JFK offering, things go from bad to worse in WT. I'm sure that they used to serve regular sized KitKats from the ambient snack basket before landing, but it's now down to an 18g 'little bar' of Dairy Milk.

I had the temerity to ask for a bag of crisps as well, but was told in no uncertain terms that this was not possible as the rest of the passengers might not be able to enjoy their meal. Yes, the FA did indeed use the words 'enjoy' and 'meal' Miserable indeed!
Attached Images  
710 77345 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Amidst all the talk of the wonderful improvements to the CW LHR-JFK offering, things go from bad to worse in WT. I'm sure that they used to serve regular sized KitKats from the ambient snack basket before landing, but it's now down to an 18g 'little bar' of Dairy Milk.

I had the temerity to ask for a bag of crisps as well, but was told in no uncertain terms that this was not possible as the rest of the passengers might not be able to enjoy their meal. Yes, the FA did indeed use the words 'enjoy' and 'meal' Miserable indeed!
that's awful. Going to use other airlines for my trips to the US for the first time. Can't wait for VS to joing Flying Blue and it is going to be Virgin all the way.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The service standard is you can choose 3 things for the selection on the trolley.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The service standard is you can choose 3 things for the selection on the trolley.
That's good to know, thanks for the clarification. Though, I must admit, I'm not at all convinced that this particular gentleman would have responded positively if I'd started citing BA's service standards to him!
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman
Any pics of reports of the F food - steak in particular - out of LGW recently please?
Sorry, haven't done F out of LGW for a while now - and no plans to until this time next year
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
LHR-NCL (September 2017)
Club Europe

Dinner

Despite the terrible unappetising presentation, it was fairly tasty and filling.

NCL-LHR (September 2017)
Club Europe

Afternoon Tea (Muslim special meal)

A much better alternative to the three finger sandwiches.

Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
LHR-IST (October 2017) in Club Europe / 3 course meal.

Name:  outbound meal 1.jpg
Views: 5196
Size:  477.4 KB

Name:  outbound meal 2.jpg
Views: 5144
Size:  591.7 KB

Name:  outbound meal 3.jpg
Views: 5122
Size:  435.0 KB

IST-LHR (October 2017) in Club Europe / 3 course meal.
Attached Images   
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Nevermind - after I quoted you i was all the sudden able to see the pic. Hmmm.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Fontana
LHR-IST (October 2017) in Club Europe / 3 course meal.

Attachment 41878
I mentioned in the other food thread that the dessert and oatmeal cakes look rather similar. A bit dull but delicious.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
I don't feel confident in taking the chance on that...

"is it possible to have another?"

"No, sorry... {standard excuse}"

"It's just there's a stellar crew member on a forum I'm on who mentioned the service standard is three things."

{ glares at cadbury's bars }

{ crew feels bad }

{ awkward exchange of eye contact }

{ moves on }

Seriously, I think I'd just picky from the Galleries Lounge and/or create itineraries which route over 8:30 outbound or book AA.

Is this the same for WTP? If so, that's insane and they deserve to lose the business by p*$$ing off £3k ticket holders.
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:42 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
I don't feel confident in taking the chance on that...

"is it possible to have another?"

"No, sorry... {standard excuse}"

"It's just there's a stellar crew member on a forum I'm on who mentioned the service standard is three things."

{ glares at cadbury's bars }

{ crew feels bad }

{ awkward exchange of eye contact }

{ moves on }

Seriously, I think I'd just picky from the Galleries Lounge and/or create itineraries which route over 8:30 outbound or book AA.

Is this the same for WTP? If so, that's insane and they deserve to lose the business by p*$$ing off £3k ticket holders.
CIHY has told you what the new service standard is, we also have reports in the main discussion topic from those who have actually experienced the new Club World catering who confirm CIHY’s statement.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A, Marriott
I did this flight about 10 days ago in WT. When the passenger in front of me took two items, the cabin crew loudly said, only one each.

Perhaps this specific flight may have been undercatered, but I seem to run into this a lot.

I also just got back from a CE flight to Greece, only one drink (besides tea) and no bread basket was offered for several rows on the outbound breakfast service. When someone behind asked for bread, the reply was, do you really want it?

If for some reason adequate breadrolls were not provided, this should simply be stated.

For the inbound, (a long band afternoon meal service), bread was offered but no nuts and only one drink other than tea or coffee.
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.