Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your BA Food Pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:19 am

I will say one thing they DO right, is their scones (lol)
The jam and clotted cream is great, too.
Attached Images   
Old Jul 10, 2017, 3:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by AdamPD
I will say one thing they DO right, is their scones (lol)
The jam and clotted cream is great, too.
glad to see that you applied said jam and cream in the correct order good effort

cs
Old Jul 10, 2017, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
glad to see that you applied said jam and cream in the correct order good effort

cs
+^
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC
This is the bacon roll I had on my last business class flight.

It was pretty nasty, had a very weird, metallic flavour, even the guy sitting next to me said it tasted weird.
Where's the Heinz (ketchup) ?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:48 am

This is the bacon roll I had on my last business class flight.

It was pretty nasty, had a very weird, metallic flavour, even the guy sitting next to me said it tasted weird.
nasty! I think these bacon rolls sum up BA's tired product.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The bacon served ex-USA often has a peculiar taste, the Americans don't do bacon like the British (or Danish!). The bacon roll served on Express Domestic sectors are quite pleasant, a couple of rashers of decent back bacon served with a rather nice sun-dried tomato relish.
I haven't tried the express domestic ones, so I'm glad they deliver!

I've only tried the long haul ones, but to be honest, I've had them both ex-US and ex-UK including in First on the flights that used to have the infamous first main meal breakfast and the bacon roll on that occasion was just as ghastly as ex-North America. I am really happy that those flights now have lunch for the first meal though!
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:39 am

cs
Why thank you.

Where's the Heinz (ketchup) ?
Pass
I think the only "normal" taste in that roll, was the bread and ketchup.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC G, SQKF G
I've had a pretty decent run of meals on BA recently, but then hit this squash risotto in J on BA191 a few weeks back.

It sounded summery, and it sounded moderately healthy. One also imagines that it didn't look like tinned sick in the mind of chef who first conceived it.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci

cs
Thank you for this timely reminder. I now get panic attacks when faced with scones, jam and cream in case I get it wrong!

As I am in the UK at the moment (but not in Cornwall ) I will go out and buy some "supplies" before I forget which order again!
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
AMS-LHR English breakfast: I always like it
I still can't understand why they can offer English hot breakfast on a 45 min flight but not on US East Coast-LHR???

MIA-LHR dinner (with appetizer): nothing exceptional.
The subsequent main, not pictured, was braised ribs with beetroot and parsnip. Meat was on the "meh" side.

LHR-AMS lunch: calling the chicken dry was an understatement! Dessert was too sweet for my taste...

Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Lefly

LHR-AMS lunch: calling the chicken dry was an understatement! Dessert was too sweet for my taste...

This was the other meal on offer when I opted for the beef panini. The chicken had to have been better than the panini which was vile.

I heard some disgruntled voices from behind - apparently only three beef paninis had been loaded - everyone else got the chicken. They don't know what a lucky escape they had! I thought the dessert was just boring and tasted somewhat artificially flavored.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by litecubed
I've had a pretty decent run of meals on BA recently, but then hit this squash risotto in J on BA191 a few weeks back.
Really!? Perhaps share these positive experiences??
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Recent WTP meal BOM-LHR

Meal 1:
tasteless pasta salad which everyone around me did not touch
tasty CW chicken main course (only 6 loaded for a full WTP cabin; alternative was paneer curry or economy chicken)
chemical tasting mango mousee

meal 2:
vegetable biriyani with dhal - tasty
vile custard slop

Overall, the mains were OK, the rest of the tray was pretty gross.
Plenty of drinks runs from the splendid crew
Attached Images   
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
BA99 LHR - YYZ (Jul 17)

July 2017
BA99
London Heathrow to Toronto

MENU
STARTERS
  • Severn and Wye cured smoked salmon on wheaten bread with balsamic pearls and dill and lemon cream cheese
  • Tomato and mozzarella with basil panna cotta, avocado purée, sherry vinegar sponge and tomato jelly
As an alternative to butter, olive oil is available upon request, please ask your cabin crew

SALAD
  • Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

MAIN - choose one
  • Seared fillet of British beef with asparagus, horseradish ratte potatoes, roasted cauliflower and London Porter and thyme sauce
  • Chicken tikka masala with dal makhani and jeera pilau rice
  • Wild mushroom risotto with summer vegetables
  • Chilled main course salad of barbecue marinated prawns with potato and spring onion salad, coleslaw, almonds and a sour cream and chive dressing

DESSERT
  • Duo of dessert featuring lemon tart with raspberry sauce and light and dark chocolate cheesecake
  • Ashley Vintage Cheddar and Cotswold Brie cheese served with quince jelly and biscuits
  • A selection of whole fresh fruit
  • Tea, coffee and chocolates

REFRESHMENTS
SNACKS
  • An individual selection of sandwiches featuring sliced British Aberdeen Angus beef with horseradish spread and rocket, poached British salmon with cucumber and a lemon and coriander dressing and diced free-range eggs in a creamy mayonnaise with baby watercress
  • Mozzarella and sun-dried tomato savoury Danish
SWEETS
  • Victoria cone and chocolate and salted caramel fondant fancy

17 JUL
85, 99, 293 CW
220C005 – ROTI

Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
On BA99 to Toronto, dessert was served together with starter (FA actually pointed it out) with the main course to follow.

So the dessert plate replaced where salad used to be served ... was this a one-off (forgot to load salad on board maybe?) or standard procedure in CW today? Cost cutting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.