Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your BA Food Pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:42 pm

That reminds me... what’s happened to the OP?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
London LHR to Los Angeles LAX
British Airways BA269
A380-800
3:30p-6:50p
February 20, 2018
Club World
Upper Deck seat 58E

Today's menu.

Gotta love the Brits... if I'm peckish?? Jeez, speak English.

Service was very good. Perhaps the crew feels sorry for the garbage hard product. A G&T to start.

And another one.

Showtime, BA Club World style.

Hmmm, looks a little like this morning's starter. The Chicken and duck terrine was very good, with fennel purée, nazelnbut and carrot salad with walnut granola. Terrines must be a BA thing, In any event, this was better than most AA's starters.

For my main and from experience, a big No to British beef BA style. My Chettinad chicken with coriander rice and tadka dal was absolutely spectacular. I love Indian food and this dish was simply amazing.

Dessert was also delicious... a duo featuring carmelized orange tart and chocolate, almond and salted caramel crisp with caramel sauce.

Yeah, that'll work.

I slept for a good 5 hours, watched another movie and then felt peckish and decided to try to late-flight-snack. As good as the main meal was, the snack was... not so much.

The starter salad was surprisingly tasteless considering that it had everything but the kitchen sink.

But it was downright gourmet compared to the disgusting "warm sandwich of steak".

Completely and utterly inedible.

I had dreaded this day but in the end, BA exceeded my albeit low expectations. Staff and service were excellent, and except for the late-flight LHR-LAX snack, catering and food were very good. But that dreadful A380 Club World hard product is simply inexcusable. If I had paid retail, I'd have been royally pissed. But then again, I paid next to nothing for the flight and it got me closer to BA Gold status. And colour me impressed by BAEC. Since my LHR-JFK-LAX was changed to LHR-LAX due to a misconnect from a 5 hour AA delay, I was concerned about not getting my carefully plotted Tier points. Kudos to BA though as within 24 hours and without any action on my part, my EC account had been credited with Original Routing Credit and I got my 350 Tier points for LHR-JFK-LAX.

My full report on my day with BA.
BA Club World Cairo to London | SFO777
BA A380 Club World to Los Angeles | SFO777

Last edited by SFO777; Mar 4, 2018 at 12:58 pm
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BApilotinsider

LOL. I guess we all have our price. One World Emerald on the cheap.
Petra, Cairo and Mileage Running for... BA Gold?!? Have I finally lost my mind?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by SFO777
For my main and from experience, a big No to British beef BA style. My Chettinad chicken with coriander rice and tadka dal was absolutely spectacular. I love Indian food and this dish was simply amazing.
One of those cases of 'everyone to his own! I guess! I really disliked the Chettinad chicken dish! I usually order the Indian option (when available) on BA without even a second thought, but for me this was the worst, blandest, least interesting Indian dish I have had on BA to date in all classes including Y! the use of skin on bits of chicken leg felt fatty, the rice was mediocre, and even the daal was tasteless. By contrast, I really enjoyed the salad of the second meal which you found tasteless, though we both seem to have very much enjoyed the chocolate dessert (I was less impressed by the orange tart in the duo but it was ok).

For the second meal, I avoided the steak sandwich and had the pasta which was poor and probably had about 3 dozens heads of garlic in it!

I've done LAX about once a month in recent months and am very glad that my next one in a few days will be with the new food concept! ^ ^ I'm curious to see what they will do for the second meal as I believe that this is the first "two hot meals" route switching to the new concept!
Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
London LHR to Los Angeles LAX
British Airways BA269
A380-800
3:30p-6:50p
February 20, 2018
Club World
Upper Deck seat 58E

Today's menu.

Gotta love the Brits... if I'm peckish?? Jeez, speak English.
The word peckish dates from the late 1700s.
Can't really take your review seriously, the CW product might not be up to what QR offers, but it's definitely not 'garbage'.

Last edited by Sealink; Mar 4, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BApilotinsider

Originally Posted by orbitmic
One of those cases of 'everyone to his own! I guess! I really disliked the Chettinad chicken dish! I usually order the Indian option (when available) on BA without even a second thought, but for me this was the worst, blandest, least interesting Indian dish I have had on BA to date in all classes including Y! the use of skin on bits of chicken leg felt fatty, the rice was mediocre, and even the daal was tasteless. By contrast, I really enjoyed the salad of the second meal which you found tasteless, though we both seem to have very much enjoyed the chocolate dessert (I was less impressed by the orange tart in the duo but it was ok). For the second meal, I avoided the steak sandwich and had the pasta which was poor and probably had about 3 dozens heads of garlic in it! I've done LAX about once a month in recent months and am very glad that my next one in a few days will be with the new food concept! ^ ^ I'm curious to see what they will do for the second meal as I believe that this is the first "two hot meals" route switching to the new concept!
Thanks orbitmic. Interesting and to each his own indeed.
Perhaps I got catering on a good day, but I devoured the Chttinad chicken. What is the new food concept for the 2nd meal? At least it sounds like it's not scones and tea sandwiches. :eek;

Originally Posted by Sealink
The word peckish dates from the last 1700s.
Can't really take your review seriously, the CW product might not be up to what QR offers, but it's definitely not 'garbage'.
I'm thinking that you had trouble understanding sarcasm on my puckish comment. But there was no sarcasm on my CW comments. IMO, compared to most other airlines in the world, it is indeed truly a garbage J product. Other than crappy UA, where else to you get 8 across seating where you get to stare directly at other pax? Nonetheless, it was interesting to experience especially for the pittance (First Known Use: 14th century ) I paid and the 350 Tier points I earned.
NoY likes this.

Last edited by SFO777; Mar 4, 2018 at 6:37 pm
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
What is the new food concept for the 2nd meal? At least it sounds like it's not scones and tea sandwiches. :eek;
Well, that's going to be the big question on longer flights like West coast! On shorter long haul like the original JFK service, it's been a choice between afternoon tea (apparently much improved but I don't like afternoon tea so didn't try) and what they call a tapas plate but which I found closer to a main course salad (there has been one with lots of roast beef, one with prawns, etc). On longer it should be a second full meal which is why I am curious to see how it will work. I presume that this time it will be set courses but hope the quality is improved!
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC, IHG Plat
Pictures of the low lactose meals on LHR-HKG on 6th Feb. The fish was horrible.

Low lactose starter

Low lactose main course - this was vile

Low lactose dessert - a weird rice pudding with strawberry compote in a chocolate cup

Low lactose breakfast

Low lactose breakfast hot course
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: BAEC, IHG Plat
I forgot to take pictures of the low lactose meal on SYD-SIN on March 8th, but it seemed like it might have been the low-calorie meal - it was a chicken salad followed by a hot chicken and veg main followed by a fruit plate. I skipped dinner on the SIN-LHR leg because all I wanted at that point was sleep. The hot breakfast course is below - it looked like it might have been a veggie option - I looked at it and wondered where my sausage and bacon was!

Last edited by KathyMarie; Mar 14, 2018 at 3:39 am
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Ploughmans AMS - LHR Club Europe. OK but very small portion

by https://www.flickr.com/photos/46144772@N00/, on Flickr
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Food on longer CE flights seems to be improving but couldn't serve all 4 pax in CE from OTP to LHR their first choice

adrianlondon likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Have BA upped their game? When we (me and my two kids) passed through the First Wing this morning we were presented with mini eggs Easter eggs and thanked for being Gold members.

On board (short haul economy) a fellow passenger had a hissy fit about his exit row middle seat so I swapped my aisle seat with him. I was rewarded by the cabin crew with two glasses of fizz and two cups of tea on the house.

adrianlondon likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by MrsW
Have BA upped their game? When we (me and my two kids) passed through the First Wing this morning we were presented with mini eggs Easter eggs and thanked for being Gold members.
I saw some unfortunate looking staff member being rolled out from behind the scenes in the First check-in area on Monday morning (about 11:00), dressed as an Easter rabbit. In typical BA fashion, it appeared to be the cheapest, threadbare bunny costume available on Ebay which I'm sure said employee was overjoyed to parade around in.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
We missed the bunny (no loss it seems), but scoffed the chocs. They were much bigger and better than the freebie chocs given out at Xmas.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC
Just out of curiosity, how is the Henriot champagne vegetarian-friendly, but not vegan-friendly, while the two Castlenaus can be enjoyed/consumed by both vegetarians and vegans?
What did they do to the Henriot?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.