Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Drinks from the bar" on British Airways

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RoseFPS
And on BMI, I had a white Russian - vodka, Kahlua, milk. Appropriately on our way back from DME. They (used to) have a couple of Kahlua miniatures loaded in J.
Good call - therefore making a Black Russian (Vodka & Tia Maria over ice) would be easy.

The big challenge is for those flying to BCN or MAD. Try making a Sangria onboard a CE flight.

Just need:
Red Wine
Sugar (from the tea/coffee set)
Orange juice (or Orange Fanta)
Lemonade
Ice

You just need to cut up some fruit the night before and bring it to the airport.You would probably need to spend a little time mixing the ingredients but obviously for pure hilarity purposes, bring your own jug and spatula for stirring.

I can guarantee that this would certainly be a memorable flight for the CC plus you can offer some to your fellow passengers!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Arienne du Rseau Courte Dure de British Airways
When I used to work on WW, many moons ago, we were given a card with a lots of recipes for cocktails, so that we could mix them for First Class passengers.

I'm sure that First Class crew would be more than happy to mix up a cocktail for you, especially if you know the recipe. I expect that some cabin crew know lots of cocktail recipes themselves!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You probably mean the cocktail calculator?
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
You probably mean the cocktail calculator?
Yes, that rings a bell.

Even on Eurofleet if someone asked me to mix something up for them and I had the ingredient, I would be more than happy to do so.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
There are some great Apps for the iPhone that show you how to mix zillions of cocktails (free Apps too !).

BAH
Old Jan 24, 2012, 9:20 am

I second having fresh lime!

And if you stocked rum, you'd be able to make Cuba Libres - and Dark & Stormys if the ginger mixer was beer and not ale!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by BAHumbug
There are some great Apps for the iPhone that show you how to mix zillions of cocktails (free Apps too !).

BAH
What a great idea, I have just downloaded one and it has thousands of recipes.
Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by cazoz
I second having fresh lime!

And if you stocked rum, you'd be able to make Cuba Libres - and Dark & Stormys if the ginger mixer was beer and not ale!
I'm a recent convert to Dark and Stormy ... especially with Jamaican Rum and Jamaican Ginger Beer.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by T8191
I'm a recent convert to Dark and Stormy ... especially with Jamaican Rum and Jamaican Ginger Beer.
Add Lime Juice and you get a Moscow Mule
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
Add Lime Juice and you get a Moscow Mule
Ahhh ... that sounds OK. Thank you ^
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by sammyh25
I'm going to rig the vote so we carry Hendricks gin and of course freshly sliced cucumber. It will of course ony be carried on domestic Shuttle flights to Edinburgh, so I can have a refreshing bevvie when going home, in civvies.
+2

The best gin I've yet to taste. You can't forget the cucumber though!

I do think it'd be great publicity/marketing for BA to be seen to be supporting smaller breweries/ distilleries.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
Cider. NICE cider please.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold / HH Diamond / FB Platinium / SPG Gold / Marriott nothing
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Ok, but I have to say that a lot of passengers like it but maybe another malt would also be popular. Which one do you like and of course it needs to be one that would be available in miniature form, ie. a household name brand.
Why miniature?

Joke apart, I really fancy the idea of malt of the month. This could be served from a bottle, just like the wine in CW and F. If there is one airline where you expect some decent malt, it is certainly BA!

I also would recommend some fresh orange juice - at least for breakfast - from concentrate is just a no go for me

Anyway, nice thread!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:49 pm

Well it would be lovely to serve Malt from a bottle in CE but I doubt it would be logistically possible on our European flights.

Although it's popular, by far the most drunk drink on Eurofleet flights is a G&T! Particularily by our UK customers. On the EDI on a Friday evening almost every other passenger asks for a G&T!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold / HH Diamond / FB Platinium / SPG Gold / Marriott nothing
I fully understand serving from the bootle on a short haul flight would not be appropriate. The cabin crew already does a fantastic job serving a meal for a 40 minutes flight !
I was more thinking of long haul (CW and F) where we have more time for the service.
Also fully agree on the G&T, although my preference goes for tHe Bloody Mary (with loads of worcester sauce)^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.