Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current Heathrow Express Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2012, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
10% off on all purchases until 30 September: https://www.heathrowexpress.com/JAL

ANA is still 14%: https://www.heathrowexpress.com/ana
Old Jul 7, 2012, 5:54 am

So no return of the 25%, 30% or 50% discount codes that make the HEX almost reasonable . . . . I guess they are counting on fleecing all those Olympics tourists this summer!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 6:00 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by prof
So no return of the 25%, 30% or 50% discount codes that make the HEX almost reasonable . . . . I guess they are counting on fleecing all those Olympics tourists this summer!
Quite...I was almost banking on such a code for my trip next week...alas the tube will suit me just fine!

(I do get the 16-25 railcard discount on the Hex...but so too on the tube on my Oyster card and I, as such, can't really justify it.)
Old Jul 7, 2012, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by andset1191
Quite...I was almost banking on such a code for my trip next week...alas the tube will suit me just fine!

(I do get the 16-25 railcard discount on the Hex...but so too on the tube on my Oyster card and I, as such, can't really justify it.)
Does the 16-15 railcard really apply on the HEX (I thought it did not) and if so how does one use it for online bookings ? Sadly no use to me personally, but I could get a cheaper ticket for Ms FF99.

Equally, does anyone know if it applies on the GEX, or have any discount codes for the GEX ?

TO ANSWER ONE OF MY OWN QUESTIONs: Railcards do apply on the HEX, but only for online or ticket office bookings, so not a great lot of use really.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:05 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Does the 16-15 railcard really apply on the HEX (I thought it did not) and if so how does one use it for online bookings ? Sadly no use to me personally, but I could get a cheaper ticket for Ms FF99.

Equally, does anyone know if it applies on the GEX, or have any discount codes for the GEX ?

TO ANSWER ONE OF MY OWN QUESTIONs: Railcards do apply on the HEX, but only for online or ticket office bookings, so not a great lot of use really.
I have always booked though one of the rail operator websites like scotrail, virgin, first capital connect. Whatever you do, AVOID THE TRAINLINE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Whatever you do, AVOID THE TRAINLINE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!
Why? I used it on Thursday to buy a load of HEX returns with my Network Rail card (33% discount) and they arrived on Friday, which is pretty good service as far as I'm concerned. Don't me that they've flogged me invalid tickets or something...?!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 11:36 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by JustTheOne
Whatever you do, AVOID THE TRAINLINE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!
Why? I used it on Thursday to buy a load of HEX returns with my Network Rail card (33% discount) and they arrived on Friday, which is pretty good service as far as I'm concerned. Don't me that they've flogged me invalid tickets or something...?!
They aren't THAT bad. It's just that they add a £1 booking fee to exactly the same ticket that can be purchased on the Scotrail or Virgin or East Coast or First Capital Connect for the same price without booking fee.

So it's just that they add an extra charge and yet provide nothing other than annoying adverts...
Old Jul 7, 2012, 12:25 pm
DVT

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Also works in the machines, as long as they aren't the HEX machines (i.e., you have to use the normal ticket machines at Paddington to make it work).
Old Jul 7, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Annual TFL Gold Card and Network Railcard discounts

A few things to point out to people about the railcard/season ticket discounts.

The TFL Gold Card is a card issued in conjunction with an ANNUAL London season ticket. It gives you a 34% discount on rail travel including the Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect. Details can be found here. There is also a version available for £1 for rail season ticket holders.

The Network Railcard can be purchased by anyone for £28. It allows 4 Adults (16 years and over) and up to 4 children to travel on the same card. Details can be found here. Same 34% discount. If there are 3 of you in a party doing a return trip, you'll save a bit, or if you make 3 or more HEX return journeys a year.

With the Network Railcard, there seems to be a minimum fare of £13, but with the Gold Card it seems to be you can buy it for £12.54.

The one annoying factor with both these cards is that it won't work for journeys before 10am Monday to Friday.

You can buy online, and to avoid "thetrainline.com" fees, use crosscountrytrains, firstgreatwestern or redspottedhanky just to name a few. By doing it online you will be able to get returns if eligible for trips after 10am.

You can also use the normal Paddington ticket machines to get the discount, but not the HEX ones. The Heathrow Connect does have an option, but I've found if I go to the counter, they give me a further discount to cover the zones of my travel card.

I may be slightly out with some of this, and if so, please correct me.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 6:42 am
LE2

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by dddc

The TFL Gold Card is a card issued in conjunction with an ANNUAL London season ticket.

You can buy online, and to avoid "thetrainline.com" fees, use crosscountrytrains, firstgreatwestern or redspottedhanky just to name a few. By doing it online you will be able to get returns if eligible for trips after 10am.
Thanks for a great tip!

I have a TFL Annual Gold Card and just booked a Paddington-Heathrow T5 Return online at FirstGreatWestern site.

As stated by dddc, there was no booking fee. Total cost for return ticket = £22.40 (i.e. 34% savings over HEX online price).
Old Jul 8, 2012, 6:59 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Can anyone confirm regarding carnet?

Originally Posted by navatwal
If i purchase a Heathrow Express carnet with 12 tickets, can this be used for 2 people?

For example 2 x one way journey's for me and my wife would reduce this from 12 to 10 tickets.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by prof
Nope doesn't look like it. I just spent a few mins playing with different airlines.

ANA coming in the best at 14% - so £15.48 one way, compared to £18 no code, or £19 on the day.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by cazoz
Nope doesn't look like it. I just spent a few mins playing with different airlines.

ANA coming in the best at 14% - so £15.48 one way, compared to £18 no code, or £19 on the day.
ANA now down to 10%, VS are at 5%
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by E14 26C
ANA now down to 10%, VS are at 5%
They say 10% on the landing page, but I just bought two one way tickets for £30.96:

Heathrow Airport - London Paddington
2 x Adult
Express Class Single
Travel Date: 22 July 2012
Price: £30.96
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Yes, it has showed 10 per cent on the home page for a couple of weeks but clicks through to 14.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.