Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current Heathrow Express Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Rode the HEX in F class last week. No sign of the new first equipment they said was rolled out on April 30...

IMHO complete waste of money. Had to go 14 minutes out of my way to Paddington Station, wait about 12 minutes for departure, then 21 minutes on the train to T5. Total of 47 minutes.

Had I just taken the tube straight from Covent Garden (where I was), it would have been 55 minutes and about 75% less money.
Old May 26, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by trojanman
Rode the HEX in F class last week. No sign of the new first equipment they said was rolled out on April 30...

IMHO complete waste of money. Had to go 14 minutes out of my way to Paddington Station, wait about 12 minutes for departure, then 21 minutes on the train to T5. Total of 47 minutes.

Had I just taken the tube straight from Covent Garden (where I was), it would have been 55 minutes and about 75% less money.
Tube is only 55 mins? I took it like a decade ago and it stuck in my mind as much more than that...
Old May 26, 2012, 11:47 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by seaskybound

Tube is only 55 mins? I took it like a decade ago and it stuck in my mind as much more than that...
Every minute you spend on the Piccadilly line feels like 2 have passed. That said, it takes one hour exactly from Kings Cross St Pancras to Terminal 5, once on the train assuming no delays.
Old May 27, 2012, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by seaskybound
Tube is only 55 mins?
The timetabled journey time is actually just under 55 minutes, although you obviously have to allow some time for getting from the station entrance to the platform and waiting time for the next appropriate train. Even so, from the door of my office near St Paul's to the check-in desk at Terminal 5 by Tube is reliably about 75 minutes, including at least one (easy) change of train.

This is one of the reasons why the Heathrow Express can sometimes be very poor value. It would typically only cut about 10 minutes off my door-to-door time. It's hard to justify spending all the extra money for those 10 minutes.
Old May 27, 2012, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
The timetabled journey time is actually just under 55 minutes, although you obviously have to allow some time for getting from the station entrance to the platform and waiting time for the next appropriate train. Even so, from the door of my office near St Paul's to the check-in desk at Terminal 5 by Tube is reliably about 75 minutes, including at least one (easy) change of train.

This is one of the reasons why the Heathrow Express can sometimes be very poor value. It would typically only cut about 10 minutes off my door-to-door time. It's hard to justify spending all the extra money for those 10 minutes.
I agree. It really only makes sense if you have heavy baggage and/or intend to switch to a taxi once in town. Once you factor in the possible wait times on the platform, and the detour involved in getting to Paddington, the tube can actually be faster from points east of Hyde Park or so, especially if the journey involves a straight shot on the Piccadilly line.
Old May 30, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
MNCA3P - gives 10% additional discount off

I've found that code MNCA3P appears to be working at the moment (for how long though, i dont know) - giving 10% off prices of either Standard, or First Class tickets.

Not a massive discount I accept, but better than nothing.

Efin
Old May 30, 2012, 11:16 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Totally agree!

Also, am I the only one who is perturbed that they advertise "15 minutes from Heathrow to London" all over EVERYTHING despite the fact that the reality is (and fine print indicates) that it's a minimum of 21 minutes from Terminal 5 (25 from Terminal 4)! I don't know how they even get away with describing journey's to Terminals 1&3 as 15 minutes given the lengthy walk to either from where the train actually drops you.
Old May 30, 2012, 11:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Prospero
T

Current Heathrow Express Discount Codes
15% off for JAL customers. Expires 30 April 2012, but appears to apply to bookings beyond that date.
https://www.heathrowexpress.com/Affiliate/jal?tid=JAL
I received an email yesterday or the day before from JAL and it said it had now been extended until the end of June.
Old May 30, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by prof
I agree. It really only makes sense if you have heavy baggage and/or intend to switch to a taxi once in town. Once you factor in the possible wait times on the platform, and the detour involved in getting to Paddington, the tube can actually be faster from points east of Hyde Park or so, especially if the journey involves a straight shot on the Piccadilly line.
+1 Paddington is very inconvenient for most central London purposes - it's hardly in the centre really. Whereas the Piccadilly Line and other tube connections are much more useful, flexible... and cheap.

Oh, and if I do catch the HEX from T5, I always get there when the next train is going in 14 minutes. I've had an amazing run of this!
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
From an email just received from NZ:

Originally Posted by Air New Zealand
Book your Heathrow Express ticket online and save 10%. Your sleek, comfortable and hassle-free transfer service to and from Heathrow Airport to central London.
https://www.heathrowexpress.com/airnz?tid=AIRNZ
Old Jun 24, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Carnet tickets

If i purchase a Heathrow Express carnet with 12 tickets, can this be used for 2 people?

For example 2 x one way journey's for me and my wife would reduce this from 12 to 10 tickets.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), Hilton HHonors (Gold)
Originally Posted by efincomputer
I've found that code MNCA3P appears to be working at the moment (for how long though, i dont know) - giving 10% off prices of either Standard, or First Class tickets.

Not a massive discount I accept, but better than nothing.

Efin
I can confirm this code is still working. I just used it for a booking this week.

Thanks

NV
Old Jun 26, 2012, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Are any of these codes expected to work during the Olympics?
Old Jun 26, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
Originally Posted by stimpy
Are any of these codes expected to work during the Olympics?
I just tried the NZ link I posted up-thread for 5 Aug and it seems happy to quote fares with the 10% discount. (Note that I didn't complete the transaction so it could conceivably fail at a later stage.)
Old Jun 26, 2012, 7:32 am

You can play with different airline combinations via Google - just guess the suffix. ANA usually have a decent discount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.