Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Future fleet order....... Assuming IAG buy BMI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Future fleet order....... Assuming IAG buy BMI

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Time now to dig up this thread me thinks

cs
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Time now to dig up this thread me thinks

cs
Bit bored are you?
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Bit bored are you?

Annual Leave

trouble is that Dorris isnt on leave
weve got no holiday booked
its raining

so bored im working overtime tomorrow

cs
Old Apr 3, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, bmi DC Gold, EI GC, TK M&S Elite, Aegean M&B Silver, HHonors Gold, Junior Jet Club
200 x Concorde Next Generation

That should keep Emirates and Virgin quiet for a few years.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold
The 2 BD A330s are in very poor internal condition at the moment.
Most of the a32x fleet are leased and the leases are not exactly favourable so I'm not sure how long they will be kept around, unless BA can renegotiate with the lessors.

Intrestingly China Eastern have cancelled their order for 787s, so who knows, perhaps BA could pick these up ..................

According to the latest Airbus order/delivery sheets there are no more A32x aircraft to be delivered, but i'm not sure if this includes any options not yet taken.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:57 pm

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by CityFlyer99

Nothing will ever shut SRB up!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:06 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by spbeck
The 2 BD A330s are in very poor internal condition at the moment
I assumed they might go to IB as they already operate the type, although with different engines. However that is not so much of a problem if they are on "power by the hour" or this could even be subbed out to LH or VS in Europe who also operate the RR version.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by BOH
I assumed they might go to IB as they already operate the type, although with different engines. However that is not so much of a problem if they are on "power by the hour" or this could even be subbed out to LH or VS in Europe who also operate the RR version.
Only 1 of the 2 is actually owned by BMI, G-WWBM is leased from ILFC, so that 1 would probably go back to them, depending on how BA play the routes that these 2 aircraft currently serve.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 5:08 pm

Programs: BAEC
The 747-8 freighter looks to be exceeding expectations, with a 2-3% efficiency over the Boeing targets. Not sure what this means for the passenger version, but considering these are early versions... who knows?

Also, Iberia is better suited to 4 engine aircraft due to hot and high conditions, and the A380 might be too much. Might make it attractive to BA?

Pure speculation, but anything to keep the CW UD. We can only live in hope!
Old Apr 6, 2012, 1:56 am

Programs: BA/EC Silver
Originally Posted by CityFlyer99

+1 now you're talking!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

well according to Jethros, both Airbus A330-243 in the BMI fleet, G-WWBD & G-WWBM are both stated to be up for disposal at the end of the summer 2012 schedules.

cs
Old Apr 13, 2012, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by destere
The 747-8 freighter looks to be exceeding expectations, with a 2-3% efficiency over the Boeing targets. Not sure what this means for the passenger version, but considering these are early versions... who knows?

Also, Iberia is better suited to 4 engine aircraft due to hot and high conditions, and the A380 might be too much. Might make it attractive to BA?

Pure speculation, but anything to keep the CW UD. We can only live in hope!
Boeing still need to fix the flutter issue with the 747-8 passenger version, as currently the fuel tanks in the horizontal stabiliser have to be isolated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.