Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BAA Confirmed to sell EDI

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Jenbel
There is a proper fast track security - in fact, it's been there for ages. Admittedly, the one before they rearranged the security lay out was a bit ropey - the only time I had paid for it (through paying for fast track car parking) it was closed.

The new one works pretty well - but you do need to be on the correct airline to use it. So I'm not sure if that is an airport problem or an airline problem.
You're right, it is there, so its an airline as opposed to an airport thing. Not sure its using the correct airlines that gets you in though - I'd say its using the wrong one

I've used it a few times when I've booked parking.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Yes, it was annoying that Speedy Boarding on Easyjet got you access but a BA Gold card wouldn't - as I say with BD*G you did get access though :P Sometimes some very good deals on parking - I got £36 for 8 days in long stay, including Fasttrack for 4 people. Hopefully their pricing remains competitive under the new owner (and they keep the excellent system that recognises your car number plate when you enter the car park and uses it to look up your booking!)
Old Apr 23, 2012, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Whilst we all make mistakes

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...1335186080155A

Edinburgh Airport sold in £8m deal

This headline might change.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Screw it, I'm really rather tempted to ask the Competition Commission to investigate the way GIP have a hold on so many UK airports and how it has an impact on UK travellers ...

Well, maybe, just maybe.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by origin
Edinburgh Airport sold in £8m deal
This headline might change.
On a day when it's being reported that IAG has got BD for £20m, after the discount for having to take Regional and WW, nothing would surprise me!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If BAA got £800m for EDI I reckon they did very very well.

With passenger numbers falling mainly due to O'Leary having yet another tantrum it will be interesting to see how the new owners get on. I reckon BAA have been very astute with this sell off.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
If BAA got £800m for EDI I reckon they did very very well.

With passenger numbers falling mainly due to O'Leary having yet another tantrum it will be interesting to see how the new owners get on. I reckon BAA have been very astute with this sell off.
When you buy a property like an airport everyone says you have overpaid. Airtravel will increase over the next 20years. We need some more entrepreneurs to develop another airline. This may come after the global downturn.

In my view the generation who didnt travel as younger people, who now travel sh to Europe etc. They will want to go LH, not just to the US. So I can see more of a market for them than BA (airline) have ever had over the previous 20 years.

I would be interested to know how many people do fly because its not BA. Using Virgin or LH etc.

One thing I have never understood about Scotland. There are no real flights from China or Japan. Anyone who vists Scotland will know there are coach loads of tourists from Japan, China and the US.

I see the airport is going to get busier over the next 20 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.