Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bacon rolls - how many is too many?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2012, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Smile Bacon rolls - how many is too many?

First post! We were flying to NCL on Thursday and had breakfast in the galleries north lounge. My husband had not one but four bacon rolls (oh and four mini pain au chocolats). I wondered if this was a mite excessive and led me to wonder who holds the record for eating the most bacon rolls in one sitting?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by FlyingWella
First post! We were flying to NCL on Thursday and had breakfast in the galleries north lounge. My husband had not one but four bacon rolls (oh and four mini pain au chocolats). I wondered if this was a mite excessive and led me to wonder who holds the record for eating the most bacon rolls in one sitting?
Is this the Priority Pass lounge? If so, those bacon rolls are pretty much just a small piece of bacon and a huge piece of bread. I reckon that 4 equals a proper amount of bacon.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 2:14 am

They are awful. The sooner BA gets rid of them the better.

I see you have been around for a while, but congrats on your first post
Old Apr 21, 2012, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by usagishouse
Is this the Priority Pass lounge? If so, those bacon rolls are pretty much just a small piece of bacon and a huge piece of bread. I reckon that 4 equals a proper amount of bacon.
We were in the BA lounge but you're right, they are quite small!
Old Apr 21, 2012, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Agree with rossmacd … one is enough to enable you to say you've eaten an iconic BA food item, before moving on to something interesting
Old Apr 21, 2012, 3:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, Hard Rock Cafe VIP Rewards
There's no right answer

Ah, the very subjective matter of bacon rolls. Being rather choosy about bacon butties, my preference is to ask for some hot dry toast and champagne, and strip the bacon from a number of rolls, to construct my own substantial bacon butty(ies)....

Breakfast of champions!

TGB
Old Apr 21, 2012, 4:18 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Welcome to FlyerTalk, FlyingWella and TGB
Old Apr 21, 2012, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by TourGuideBarbie
Ah, the very subjective matter of bacon rolls. Being rather choosy about bacon butties, my preference is to ask for some hot dry toast and champagne, and strip the bacon from a number of rolls, to construct my own substantial bacon butty(ies)....

Breakfast of champions!

TGB
Now, that's a really good idea! A spectacular first post, well done!
Old Apr 21, 2012, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Welcome to FT FlyingWella. ^

Welcome to FT TourGuideBarbie. ^

I always feel that the bacon rolls are better with three or four pieces of bacon in one roll. ^

But of course why bother with the lounge roll at all when you can have a much better breakfast, including bacon roll, at Plane Food. ^
Old Apr 21, 2012, 5:31 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Oh, I'm never greedy. No more than three if I'm in T5 Galleries (usually followed by an extra coffee to take to the gate).
Old Apr 21, 2012, 5:51 am

Firstly welcome to both our new members. Great first post in both cases^

My husband had not one but four bacon rolls (oh and four mini pain au chocolats). I wondered if this was a mite excessive
Are you Mrs Walker? I don't remember telling you what I ate in the lounge

I'm going to beg to differ with previous posters and say that I think the bacon rolls in the lounges are scrumptious! I would however agree that they are on the small side, so 4 seems perfectly reasonable to me. Don't hold with eating all this French stuff though. Instead of those 'chocolate buns' he should have had another couple of bacon rolls@:-)
Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
My preference is when bacon and bread are separate, and you build your own bacon roll. Then you have the choice of how much bacon is anough for one roll. Four rolls would be too much bread for my taste.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)

Isn't there a trial going on currently regarding separate rolls and bacon and building your own ?

cs
Old Apr 21, 2012, 8:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Isn't there a trial going on currently regarding separate rolls and bacon and building your own ?
cs

^
Old Apr 21, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by rossmacd

They are awful.
Agree. The right answer is none! four is four too many

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.