Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Refund of Avios points on new discounted routes?

Say I am booked LHR-JFK, for which I paid the old 150k BA miles. Now that the route has been reduced to 120k Avios points and BA miles become Avios points at 1:1, will I be refunded the 30k points I have "overpaid?" If not, can I just cancel my award and then re-book at the lower rate? Also, is there a note anywhere as to what the new rates will be for upgrades from J to F etc...?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: AC E, Priority Club Plat, Hyatt Plat
My guess is with this distance based system, I would surely miss the best redemption value of BAEC --> North America to Far East in biz for 100k.

I better plan for a NYC-HKG-DPS trip before the price raised significantly.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
According to the other thread, you won't have miles proactively refunded. You can cancel and rebook, but no guarantee that space will be available.

tf
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:37 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Hate the name (however pronounced), like the rest so far!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Dickster
Very few Airmiles users will spend £20k+pa on their credit card so that really doesn't work. And, having seen my in-laws trying to get the companion fare on their Amex cards, I can see how few companion flights exist.
The Premium Plus BA Amex only requires a spend of £10,000 but of course you have to pay for it! The free flight comes out of BA award availability so is not the same as the Amex companion flights. Unless you want to redeem to SYD there is generally lots of availability if you plan in advance.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by BAHumbug
Base mileage for a return to JFK is 40k. MFU from WT+ to J is half of that, as now, so 20k. Therefore, one way is 10k.

BAH
Thanks still quite early here (okay so 10am on holiday is early for me) and I couldn't manage that leap on my own without the help of a calculator or spreadsheet.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Prices for MultiplePartner / OneWorld Awards?

Can't seem to find any indication of proposed changes to the Multiple Partner redemption awards (parallel of the AA OneWorld awards). Previously, the prices of the Economy awards on BA were equal to the AA prices, but the Business & First were more expensive compared to the parallel American award (on AA, 220k got you a journey up to 50000 miles in Business class, while the same award was 320k; first class was 330k and 480k respectively). Any idea if the BA biz/first redemptions on OneWorld awards are getting price cuts?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: AA, BA, HH
Any idea if using Avios on AA metal within the USA stays the same?
12.5K > 25K > 37.5K each way.....

Happy to see the reduction in J & F to Europe from North America. I may get to use that 2-for-1 voucher still.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Does anyone know if BA have published anywhere a full list of which countries will be in each zone? Trying to find out the rates for BDA.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Exec (Silver), SPG (corporate), IHG
change your card???

Originally Posted by Dickster
Very few Airmiles users will spend £20k+pa on their credit card so that really doesn't work. And, having seen my in-laws trying to get the companion fare on their Amex cards, I can see how few companion flights exist.
£20k spend is a lot for many collectors but you can always pay £150 fee to upgrade the card and thus trigger a 241 voucher after £10k spend, this is probably within the annual spending of the average household - fee's aren't popular but spending £150 to save spending £10k works for me especially when you consider you can then get your companion redemption at the lower spend.

as for availability i'm afraid your in-laws experience is not mine, each year for the past few i've successfully booked at least 1 if not 2 trips a year using the 241 companion voucher (club to CPT in Nov & first to NYC in Dec are 2011's), in fact a few years ago i managed 4 first redemptions to CPT in Feb. SFO, NYC, LAX, BGI, HKG, DXB & YVR have also been secured with the voucher.

JJ
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
views expressed here are my own and do not necessarlity reflect those of my employer British Airways plc

PS - VERY MUCH DISLIKE THE NEW NAME !!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:49 am

Why can't they just post the worldwide award charts for all Zone A to B combinations for partners, BA, BA + one partner, one world, etc.?

What does this do to partner awards?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:49 am
eae
In memoriam

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GfL
In all this seems like a change for the better. Not often you can say that about changes to a loyalty program...
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by stifle
You can cancel and rebook, but not with any guarantee that award inventory will still be available.
perhaps rebooking - and then cancelling - would be a safer order in which to do things!!!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vineyarder
I didn't see that list (since it is on the airmiles site and I was looking at the BAEC site), and I would certainly expect that MCO and MIA would be in the same zone, but if MCO is not changing, then that would mean that MIA/MCO would now be the same as the west coast, instead of being in the same zone as NYC/ORD... strange...
Why is that strange? LHR-JFK is approx 3450 miles, LHR-MIA 4450 miles and LHR-LAX 5450 miles. It could go either way. I can quite imagine Western and Southern USA being in z6 and East and Northern/Central USA being in z5.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Tigersan
My guess is with this distance based system, I would surely miss the best redemption value of BAEC --> North America to Far East in biz for 100k.

I better plan for a NYC-HKG-DPS trip before the price raised significantly.
I've been wondering about this too. I live in New York these days and the best redemption value by far was on CX flights to HKG and onward. GIG/EZE were dirt-cheap as well (80000 and negligible fees in C). But Oneworld redemption info is not forthcoming...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.