Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:15 am

Hi there Nicci,

One question I have which doesn't seem to have been asked (or answered yet) would be around redeeming Amex 2fer's. Will they be redeemable on BA and IB metal, or still restricted to BA only?

Thanks.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by Dave_C
Hi there Nicci,

One question I have which doesn't seem to have been asked (or answered yet) would be around redeeming Amex 2fer's. Will they be redeemable on BA and IB metal, or still restricted to BA only?

Thanks.
Good question. I would really really really hope we can.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:24 am

Programs: AA, BA, Airmiles, Marriott Silver, Hhonors
Originally Posted by Raffles
Blimey, Tesco has changed it already (unless I missed an earlier change). Thanks for pointing out. Ignore my post then!

BAA Worldpoints remains £2.50 = 30 Air Miles or 250 BA Miles, so you can still get 20% extra miles on those by converting through Air Miles.
It changed about 6 months ago!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
"Adios puntos" would be an invitation for the program to get ridiculed (even further), including on the basis that the points go adios under the expiration policy applicable to the ("spendable") points.
Indeed...and should one somehow forget to type the "n", it opens it up to a whole new dimension of mirth!!!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:26 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
6) Earning Avios - from 16 November, you will earn exactly the same number of Avios on Iberia metal as you do on BA.
Nicci
That is very good news too. For South American travel all options between AA, BA and IB are now the same in miles earning potential.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Dave_C
Can't see it but would be great if wishing to travel to South America!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:27 am

Although not all details are out yet, I can't see this being anything other than totally horrible for me and my family.

as an avid air miles collector I have been shopping at tesco doing the estore thing, getting the lloydstsb credit card etc and have managed to get to 25000 miles. The plan being to take my family to Orlando from edinburgh for 28000 miles and no cash. With this change it seems that I will have to pay the equivalent of 5900 miles per flight (5000 for the lgw to mco and 9000 for the domestic leg) or23600 miles plus £1160 in cash. So I save a whopping 4400 miles but have to pay TWELVE HUNDRED pounds to save that! 4400 miles are about £180 in club card vouchers.

quite simply this change had cost me one thousand pounds.
It's a spectacular hosing for all air miles customers. I wish I could get my tesco club card vouchers back and spend them in the store. I would get so much better value.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thumbs up

So far I think the changes look good. But I have to wonder that with a reduction in miles
needed for certain destinations whether BA will reduce the amount of reward seats made
available. I'm astounded by the reductions to JFK (20% reduction)

The question now is what is more to come and what it is. Still, if it is anything like this then
it might be good too.

Avios...seriously? Adding an 'o' to Avis

H...BA miles now, BA miles forever
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
MoneySavingExpert says the transfer rate from Iberia to Avios is 15:1.

The current Membership Rewards transfer rate is 12:1.

There is basically a 25% arbitrage to be made on this if you were planning to transfer MR to BA, by going via IB instead.

Also worth noting that you can buy 1,500 IB points for Euro 375. That gets you 22,500 Avios / BA Miles for £330. Again, not the worlds greatest deal but still cheaper than buying BA Miles directly.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
I guess BA.COM needs to be updated, but I just tried a couple of bookings.

In Janauary LHR to BKK in F via HKG using a partner airline as no direct flights on BA available now comes out at 300,000 miles

LHR-HKG in F is 240,000 for a "Standard Redemption"
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: AA, BA, Airmiles, Marriott Silver, Hhonors
Originally Posted by poggs
Although not all details are out yet, I can't see this being anything other than totally horrible for me and my family.

as an avid air miles collector I have been shopping at tesco doing the estore thing, getting the lloydstsb credit card etc and have managed to get to 25000 miles. The plan being to take my family to Orlando from edinburgh for 28000 miles and no cash. With this change it seems that I will have to pay the equivalent of 5900 miles per flight (5000 for the lgw to mco and 9000 for the domestic leg) or23600 miles plus £1160 in cash. So I save a whopping 4400 miles but have to pay TWELVE HUNDRED pounds to save that! 4400 miles are about £180 in club card vouchers.

quite simply this change had cost me one thousand pounds.
It's a spectacular hosing for all air miles customers. I wish I could get my tesco club card vouchers back and spend them in the store. I would get so much better value.
I'm with you on this. It is a ridiculous state of affairs. It seems to benefit BA Exec Card members (I am one too, but only have 25,000 odd miles) but they have had it bad for years, compared to Airmiles Collectors.

I think that Airmiles are in for a bumpy ride over this
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Looks like around the web the only Air Miles collectors happy about the change seem to be ones that think they'll be able to buy a cheapy economy flight and upgrade using their Avios... Little do they know
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Raffles
Blimey, Tesco has changed it already (unless I missed an earlier change). Thanks for pointing out. Ignore my post then!
I could be wrong but I thought it happened at the same time as the Tesco->BA devaluation (and the same time as the main 4x to 3x changes to Tesco Clubcard occurred).
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Remember these changes don't go live for several months yet...which is why you aren't seeing the new prices on ba.com
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:50 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by johnaalex
I guess BA.COM needs to be updated, but I just tried a couple of bookings.

In Janauary LHR to BKK in F via HKG using a partner airline as no direct flights on BA available now comes out at 300,000 miles

LHR-HKG in F is 240,000 for a "Standard Redemption"
The new rates don't start until November.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.