Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
I might have misunderstood but I interpret it the other way around.

At the moment, if you're flying CDG-LHR-LAX and upgrade from WTP to CW you'll also have to upgrade CDG-LHR to CE, that'll will cost 10k more than only upgrading LHR-LAX only.
After the change you can upgrade LHR-LAX only and fly CDG-LHR in economy.
Nope. Right now, upgrading CDG-LHR-LAX from ET-WT+ to CE-CW costs you 12,500 miles each way (plus tax adjustement which has gone up quite a bit recently). If there is no space in CE reward, your ticket will just be upgraded to ET-CW for the same price level. My understanding is that now, you will be able to upgrade ET-WT+ to ET-CW for 12,500 miles OR to CE-CW (as is the case now) for 12,500 + whatever it is to upgrade CDG-LHR from ET to CE. So definitely a way to make MFUs (sorry UUAs ) less advantageous for non-British customers.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I doubt that exempting all current Gold members from all fuel surcharge fees on "rewards" is going to happen in November, but I'll be celebrating if that is what happens in November and it doesn't involve the use of a cash surcharge or points surcharge to cover the fuel surcharge fee amount BA charges for "rewards".
I think that Nicci referred to BAEC service fees, not fees and charges included in the ticket itself.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Without wishing to state the obvious:

There is now an effective 20% bonus on Tesco transfers to BA Miles, if you convert to Air Miles and wait for the Avios conversion, since a £2.50 Tesco voucher = 500 BA or 60 AM's, soon to be 600 Avios.

Same applies for BAA Worldpoints transfers.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:52 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by TOMSURFER
The Airmiles site confirms 60,000 for BKK and 70,000 for SIN

http://www.airmiles.co.uk/avios/details
Excellent, thanks for that, have to say went through the BA site but not the airmiles one!

While I like the advance notification in one way the suspense and waiting to book redemption flights until November is going to seem like its taking forever!!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:52 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Free, unlimited and real time.
That's great thanks.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:53 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles

There is now an effective 20% bonus on Tesco transfers to BA Miles, if you convert to Air Miles and wait for the Avios conversion, since a £2.50 Tesco voucher = 500 BA or 60 AM's, soon to be 600 Avios.

Well spotted... Think we might have a bonus to come on Tesco before November though, there seem to have been bonus on everything else recently
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also worth mentioning - it costs £75 to buy 500 Air Miles. That is now £75 for 5,000 Avios / BA Miles, which is cheaper than buying them from BA, albeit still not a great deal by a long way.

I am now very pleased I took out the Air Miles credit cards with the 1,500 mile sign-up bonus and further 1,500 miles for making a balance transfer. That is now 30,000 Avios for a total cost of £22.50 (the fee for the smallest possible balance transfer).
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Free, unlimited and real time.
Which will be great for everyone who saves both.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:58 am

Programs: Executive Club, OnePass, SkyMiles, HH, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I doubt that exempting all current Gold members from all fuel surcharge fees on "rewards" is going to happen in November, but I'll be celebrating if that is what happens in November and it doesn't involve the use of a cash surcharge or points surcharge to cover the fuel surcharge fee amount BA charges for "rewards".
^
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:59 am

Well it wasn't obvious to me so thanks for pointing it out. I've only once transferred to Airmiles to keep them alive but obviously will do again now.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
What are the new ways I can collect Avios points?
At the time of launch in November there will be no additional partners that you can earn Avios points with. The partners you can currently earn BA Miles through will remain the same – you will just earn Avios points. We will be introducing new partners and ways to earn in the New Year.
Lacking a Tesco outlet here, but idly musing whether someone as up-market as Waitrose might join in.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Nah, I was having a natter with another friend in a high place in an industry relevant to this board (aka the woman on the cosmetics counter at the World Duty Free in Terminal 3) and she gave me all the info on the forthcoming changes.
I also heard there would be more changes but I think my informant is in a higher placed position than your's - works in the Jack Wills store in T5
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191
Lacking a Tesco outlet here, but idly musing whether someone as up-market as Waitrose might join in.
That would be good. But means I would have to do more shopping.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:04 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier

I can only see £2.50 = 50 airmiles on both the tesco site and the airmiles site , how do I get 60 ?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Blimey, Tesco has changed it already (unless I missed an earlier change). Thanks for pointing out. Ignore my post then!

BAA Worldpoints remains £2.50 = 30 Air Miles or 250 BA Miles, so you can still get 20% extra miles on those by converting through Air Miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.