Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:31 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by toddml
How sure are we that BKK & SIN will be reduced to 180k for First along with HKG. I see it mentioned in this thread but it does not seem confirmed on BA's site, is it just an assumption that BA will reduce the Asia zone to 180K as they have announced HKG?
The Airmiles site confirms 60,000 for BKK and 70,000 for SIN

http://www.airmiles.co.uk/avios/details
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
I am very happy about this... as I am miles rich and money poor the new ET/CE cheaper redemptions are very good for me! I can now fly JER-LGW-JER for £25 and a few thousand miles!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
And lastly (for now), we have said there is more to come and there is. I know some of you are anxious about future news but we are really excited about it and hope that you will be too.

Nicci
How mysterious! Not even a hint??
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
All sounds good to me ^
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Let the speculation begin... To harmonize with AA (and compete with LH) BA introduces SWU certificates for Golds.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:39 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I doubt that exempting all current Gold members from the fuel surcharge fees on "rewards" is going to happen in November, but I'll be celebrating if that is what happens in November and it doesn't involve the use of a points surcharge based on the fuel surcharge fee amount BA charges for "rewards".
I read it that Gold members will be exempt from change and canx fees, whereas Blue and Silver members will now have to pay a fee to change/cancel a reward booking, whereas at the moment I believe it's free if you do it online?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by chistery
I read it that Gold members will be exempt from change and canx fees, whereas Blue and Silver members will now have to pay a fee to change/cancel a reward booking, whereas at the moment I believe it's free if you do it online?
That's my understanding, £25 to cancel an award booking.
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by TOMSURFER
The Airmiles site confirms 60,000 for BKK and 70,000 for SIN

http://www.airmiles.co.uk/avios/details
Interesting that it lists Perth and Melbourne but says "Examples based on British Airways flights"
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Let the speculation begin... To harmonize with AA (and compete with LH) BA introduces SWU certificates for Golds.
They already exist.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NickB
Except that the new MFU by sector just announced by Nicci will mean that non-UK originating pax will have to shell out more to upgrade the whole itinerary as both legs will need to be upgraded independently (incidentally, I take it you mean Euro-genuine rather than Euro-cheat given that the z1-3 change does not affect Euro-cheats as such?)
+1 on 'separate pricing' and +1 on the Euro-genuine vs 'Euro-cheats' dichotomy. I don't care about Euro-cheats but obviously do about the way we Euro-genuine are treated so I certainly hope we won't get further bad news (beyond the separate upgrade pricing).

On the other hand ^ to waiving reward fees for Gold.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:45 am
uk1
Suspended

Will transfers between Airmiles and BA Avios be chargeable or free please?
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
They already exist.
You mean the GUF2 I guess but that is something you earn. It would be nice if like at a lot of American airlines and with LH Senator you simply get a couple of certificates per year you can use for last minute upgrades at the airport or even at the time of booking.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uk1
Will transfers between Airmiles and BA Avios be chargeable or free please?
Free, unlimited and real time.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
At the moment, if you're flying CDG-LHR-LAX and upgrade from WTP to CW you'll also have to upgrade CDG-LHR to CE, that'll will cost 10k more than only upgrading LHR-LAX only.
No: at present MFUing CDG-LHR-LAX is the same cost in points as MFUing LHR-LAX (12.5K each way for WT+ to CW).
After the change, you will have to either pay more (in points) to upgrade the CDG-LHR leg or sit in Y on that leg.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by chistery
"I read it that Gold members will be exempt from change and canx fees, whereas Blue and Silver members will now have to pay a fee to change/cancel a reward booking" is how I understood it too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.