Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by BA304
Other than the name Avios (yes I know it evokes flight in many languages but it's still ridiculous in my opinion) this all sounds promising.
The meaning of Avios in Spanish?

Oh, and in Catalan & Galician apparently it translates as "plane", which makes sense, I suppose

(BTW, I know it's just a branding exercise and isn't meant to mean anything, and also that using Google translate isn't all that reliable)
Old Sep 1, 2011, 3:43 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
So, no info yet regarding most important changes - how status is earned/maintained?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko
So, no info yet regarding most important changes - how status is earned/maintained?
TP's remain as they currently are.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 3:49 am

Well, it'll be a shame to see Airmiles die, the redemptions in europe, especially Z1/2 CE were great.

For the casual leisure flyer and miles collector I imagine this will probably spell the end of the affair - there aren't that many outside of FT and its ilk that are going to be collecting 300k points for a couple of first redemptions, and taxes make WT/WT+ pointless
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Originally Posted by T8191
Now, what about this "Bronze" thing?
I guess that will be part of the "Breaking News" later in the year?
Quite. I rather suspect that the news we have thus far received is only the redemption part of the story, and the information that us as BA FFs are also very interested in (in terms of gaining and maintaining status, not to mention what that status means) is yet to come...

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Exactly - the announcement is very quiet on this front. So does that mean no change, or are changes still to come.

But so far the changes annonuced are broadly positive - if there are more changes let's hope they're in the same vein.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 3:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, AF, VS, AA, Amex, etc
According to the FAQ the new shorthaul/Mileage Saver pricing will also apply to Comair redemptions ^

Does anyone know what the non-Mileage Saver pricing for these routes will be though? Same number of Miles but more cash or more of both?

Overall looks like positive changes though a bit disappointed with the increase in redemption cost to MRU (not that I've ever managed to find availability for that route when I've looked...).
Old Sep 1, 2011, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
This all seems reasonably positive, but I wait to see the full details.

By the way, and I hate to be pedantic, but someone in BA's web marketing team really should know that it should be "fewer Avios points" and not "less Avios points"

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
Old Sep 1, 2011, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tomatocracy
According to the FAQ the new shorthaul/Mileage Saver pricing will also apply to Comair redemptions ^

Does anyone know what the non-Mileage Saver pricing for these routes will be though? Same number of Miles but more cash or more of both?

Overall looks like positive changes though a bit disappointed with the increase in redemption cost to MRU (not that I've ever managed to find availability for that route when I've looked...).
Just to be clear, Reward Flight Saver is just the name for shorthaul redemptions that don't have taxes etc called out by item.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:01 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Assuming BKK gets reduced like HKG I'll be happy - assuming there is F availabilty when I want it

On the whole it seems good, but I am also waiting confirmation on TPs for Silver.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
So with more people going into F what happens to the regular F travelers, would they have to fight for the seats????

There has been too many changes for my liking, maybe I need to move on.

And yes I said that a while ago.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:03 am
uk1
Suspended

It really sounds good to me overall!

^Avios Airmiles to Avios BA miles @ 10:1
^Redemption to SIN reduced
^Better value European flights may take some of the pressure off of LH redemptions
^Some of the speculated scary stuff not there

Redemption change fee of £25 makes the nudging of dates quite expensive

Questions!

If SIN redemptions reduced ..... why wasn't SYD mentioned - or is the cost of SIN>SYD being INCREASED to make it say 300k F in total or will it be 240k?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:04 am

Airmiles & BA Miles merging with Iberia Plus

Just received this email from Airmiles. I have had no word from BA EC as yet.

"This year, our owners British Airways merged with Iberia. Together, we have decided to create a shared reward currency, Avios, for British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Plus and Airmiles members like you."

Airmiles will no longer include taxes etc., will now allow one-ways and multi-legs and the nominal mileage will start at your nominated airport. Return flights within previous Airmiles zones 1-3 with BA or Iberia will have a concessionary taxes & fees charge of £27.

N o further details are available as yet but I was encouraged to sign up to Airmiles emails to receive the next tranche of news.

Tim.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
It is quite worrying that they call it Reward Flight Saver

Comment: Think I may be mistaken and that the Reward Flight Saver is not going to be applicable on LH - but most programmes that have this name also usually introduce a the two layers
it's only for band 1-3 flights, and is open to anyone that has earned/spent 1 Avios in the previous 12 months.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
So with more people going into F what happens to the regular F travelers, would they have to fight for the seats????

There has been too many changes for my liking, maybe I need to move on.

And yes I said that a while ago.
Seriously? I know you have a very special limitation only being able to travel in 1A but I doubt you will have a problem finding an F seat whenever you need one because of these changes...

Finally I see some changes that are good for people who actually use the BAEC which - in all fairness - you don't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.