Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by globalste
They should have spoken to the "Jif" marketing team and why they changed the name to "Cif"...
This was done for very good reason, which I will not post here. If you would like further detail, please PM me.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Miles & More FT, IC Gold Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Now all they need to get is a good credit card partner in mainland Europe.

And a new name for Avios points, but hey...
^^^
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
3) Partner rewards pricing gets simpler - the new pricing grid which we will publish at launch should be used for BA only flights, BA plus one partner or partner only flights. The current oneworld multicarrier redemption will also continue to be used for bookings containing more than one partner.
While the current partner pricing seems simple enough as is, what is most of interest is the redemption levels under the new pricing grid. Particularly the one partner only flights which have held some incredible values at least for US origins to certain regions.

Could you possibly elaborate a bit more on the partner redemption level changes, or lack thereof? Perhaps some sample routes including some non-UK originating flights? It's been stated in the announcement that the vast majority of redemptions are staying the same or decreasing - does that apply to partners as well?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Okay, I just took CDG as an example, forgot that there's Europe Zone 1,2, 3 and those flying from zone 1 pay a measly amount of miles to upgrade.

You should pay 10k for upgrading the CDG-LHR leg in addition to 50k LHR-LAX.
Those flying from Europe 2 and 3 already pay 10k and 20k respectively for upgrading the feeder flight.
So this is a good change
(As long as the cost won't be increased for those flying from Europe 2 and 3 of course)
Sorry I can't how this is a 'good change' that people pay more for MFU??
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:46 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Have looked at some of those redemption rates where BA state they are going up. They claim NCE is going up in C from 15,000 to 18,000 - not true.

It was already 18k in May this year when I booked.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Could you help explain the changes for someone not based in/not going to, the UK?

For example, right now, LAX-CPT is 270K in first. What's happening to that?

And what will be the LHR-CDG (i..e. zone 1) fees if booked in dollars? (The YQ in $ (for the longest flights) is over double the same fee in pounds, quite different from the exchange rate).
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
I like the changes, I think that are fair & reasonable.

I really appreciate that BA sees the problem with surcharge on European flights (especially those days where Oil prices are very high).

But please... if you have a plan B about the name reconsider it.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:52 am

I heard that BA is bringing back free award tickets. I was a Gold member for many years, but left when the fees and fuel surcharges on award tickets became ridiculous. Looks like I'll finally be returning my 100,000 plus annual flight miles to BA!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Hi all

Some more points of clarity in response to queries:

3) Partner rewards pricing gets simpler - the new pricing grid which we will publish at launch should be used for BA only flights, BA plus one partner or partner only flights. The current oneworld multicarrier redemption will also continue to be used for bookings containing more than one partner.

4) Reward Flight Saver - wholly domestic connections will be included in the Avios and flat cash price. So for example:

LHR-CDG = 4500 Avios and £13.50 cash
GLA-LHR-CDG = 4500 Avios and £13.50 cash

LHR-CDG-LHR = 9000 Avios and £27 cash (£34 in Club Europe)
GLA-LHR-CDG-LHR-GLA = 9000 Avios and £27 cash (£34 in Club Europe)
I suppose I'd be dreaming to think the above pricing would be the same if the connection was on EI (BFS or DUB) to LHR, given it would be BA + 1 Partner.
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Hi Nicci,

I'd firstly like to thank you greatly for taking the time to come on here and answer some of our questions and let us know about the forthcoming changes to the Executive Club.

I am particualrly pleased to see the fantastic improvements in the ET/CE redemptions; this means I'll be redeeming in CE preferably now. The reduced amount of money is a real plus, although anything about £27 would be getting a bit steep.

I wonder if you could clarify in Italy where Milan is dropping to 9,000 miles, is Verona/Venice also dropping? Will there be a difference in the payment for LGW/LHR flights (presumably not?)

Otherwise, please keep us updated with further developments!

Thanking you,

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by starflyer
I heard that BA is bringing back free award tickets. I was a Gold member for many years, but left when the fees and fuel surcharges on award tickets became ridiculous. Looks like I'll finally be returning my 100,000 plus annual flight miles to BA!
I'm pretty sure you heard wrong. Have you read this thread?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Hmm... I think you heard wrong...
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Euan
The announcement includes the revised redemption 'Zones' and states LA as Zone 5 which is 50,000 miles for economy.

I think many expected the East and West coasts to be re-aligned but I for one expected the West to increase instead of the East decreasing.
Me included in that, nice to see that hasn't happened.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:58 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
The fees: taxes and surcharges are still there for all members.

What is different is that earlier date changes etc on award bookings were free for all members, but now they will be free for Gold members only. A £25 fee will be charged to silver/blue members for changing award bookings.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:58 am

Nicci, Will the Chase Visa 2-for-1 work with any IB or AA flights in Nov.? Thanks for trying to answer questions here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.