Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2010, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by iDo
One question am not sure if one can answer. Do I need to enroll for the Membership Rewards scheme for a further £23.50 to get the bonus 20k points, or will they automatically an account me automatically opened for me when the bonus miles appear?
Where was this £23.50 quoted? I thought they had got rid of the charge for joining MR - or perhaps it only still exists for corporate cards and the like.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 4:36 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Raffles
Where was this £23.50 quoted? I thought they had got rid of the charge for joining MR - or perhaps it only still exists for corporate cards and the like.
Like I mentioned earlier, there's no reference to rewards earned on the account page, which we've presumed is because there has been no spend as yet. If I click the rewards tab it takes me to a page telling about it and gives a link that takes you to an Enrol in Membership Rewards page, where it says the following...

From the moment you enrol you can start earning points. What's more, all supplementary cards will be automatically enrolled, ensuring that virtually every pound spent earns you points.
Please note, an annual fee of £23.50 will be charged to you when you enrol in Membership Rewards regardless of the number of cards you have enrolled. To find out more go to Membership Rewards
Unfortunately the online Membership Rewards function is not available for Corporate Cardmembers. To enrol your American Express Corporate Card in Membership Rewards please call 01273 863 863.
Membership Rewards is not available to American Express Blue Cards, American Express British Airways Cards, some American Express Corporate Cards, and some American Express Credit Cards.

Now, I'm presuming that this is included within the 95 quid annual charge and we don't have to enrol. I used the card last night for about 8 quid in Tescos so we'll see what happens but I'm not going to be happy if I have to pay another £23.50, and I bet I wont be alone in that.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 4:44 am

The more I thought about it I thought this was worth a phone call. I'm currently on hold, however, its not looking good as the auto voice thing is saying the card is not enrolled in the rewards scheme

Update: The CS rep isn't really sure either!

Last edited by weirdfish; Apr 24, 2010 at 4:46 am Reason: update
Old Apr 24, 2010, 4:55 am

Panic over

The charge is encompassed within the £95 annual charge and the card is enrolled automatically but takes a few days to show on a newly setup card.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by weirdfish
Panic over

The charge is encompassed within the £95 annual charge and the card is enrolled automatically but takes a few days to show on a newly setup card.
I hope that turns out to be the case because my online account is telling me that I don't have any cards eligible for Rewards.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:43 am

Programs: BA silver
has anyone had success with quidco tracking the payment?
Old Apr 24, 2010, 7:34 am

Programs: MHC/5280AGL ; list too long to be boastful ;-)
Many thanks for this wonderful info !!

I was devising a strategy to switch to a BA premium plus card (£150 fee, but 6K bonus miles) to accumulate some 22K miles in the next 9-10 month to make use of the companion voucher.

Just wondering whether MR card and my current BA Amex card can point to the same executive club account so that I benefit from companion voucher as well as this extra 20K miles that MR would bring in. This for the journey we are planning to Thaliand next year. Currently I have just over 138K+ so need additional 22K miles to make it in F. Many thanks !!!
Old Apr 24, 2010, 7:42 am

Programs: MHC/5280AGL ; list too long to be boastful ;-)
Originally Posted by fiona
has anyone had success with quidco tracking the payment?
I am never a fan of cash back sites, I think they are intriguing but overly complicated in its technical framework using a browser and cookie tracking technology. Though I did some research, all I could find is gripe and grieve stricken people all over internet those who often complaint about it and never understand how it actually works ..Just my few cents
Old Apr 24, 2010, 7:47 am

Programs: BA silver
they have worked on every transaction I have made so far and that is about a dozen times- but nothing so far with this one
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:17 am
GWH

Programs: LH SEN
Memebership Rewards confirmation

Just to absolutely make sure the card was enrolled in MR had this in reply to an email.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Membership Rewards.

I am sorry for any confusion regarding the benefits of the Gold Charge card that you hold with American Express®.

I am happy to confirm that the Gold card is automatically enrolled in the Membership Rewards programme which is included in the £95.00 annual fee.

I hope the information I have given you today resolves your enquiry.

If I can assist with anything further, please do not hesitate to contact us either via e-mail or by calling us on 01273 620555, 24/7.

I hope you have an enjoyable weekend
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by flyby747
I am never a fan of cash back sites, I think they are intriguing but overly complicated in its technical framework using a browser and cookie tracking technology. Though I did some research, all I could find is gripe and grieve stricken people all over internet those who often complaint about it and never understand how it actually works ..Just my few cents
Applied via TopCashback and no tracking yet even though I have received the card. Submitted a manual claim today - no issues in the past so I'm hopeful this will be resolved - looking at the feedback on Amex cashback, quite a lot of people have had similar problems so not unexpected.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: WestJet Dollars, BAEC, Aeroplan, AirMiles, IHG, BW and others
Had my phone call.
Got my Amex card.
Got my Paypal card.
Done 1no. £250 to Paypal topup from my Amex.
Quidco hasn't tracket yet, but the click-thru is listed.
£95 not been charged yet, neither has my Paypal (although I have already spent some of it).
Old Apr 24, 2010, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by kirky
Had my phone call.
Got my Amex card.
Got my Paypal card.
Done 1no. £250 to Paypal topup from my Amex.
£95 not been charged yet, neither has my Paypal (although I have already spent some of it).
Is this your first paypal top up card?

Likely yes i would imagine, getting a 2nd one is a gray area. Your allowed one paypal account and a paypal top up card can only ever be 'topped up' from one paypal account.

But... could i use this amex to top up a paypal card in my sisters name from her account(same surname although different address). Been getting some advice on this(thanks weirdfish) although its definetly a tricky and even risky one.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 1:07 am

Programs: WestJet Dollars, BAEC, Aeroplan, AirMiles, IHG, BW and others
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Is this your first paypal top up card?

Likely yes i would imagine, getting a 2nd one is a gray area. Your allowed one paypal account and a paypal top up card can only ever be 'topped up' from one paypal account.

But... could i use this amex to top up a paypal card in my sisters name from her account(same surname although different address). Been getting some advice on this(thanks weirdfish) although its definetly a tricky and even risky one.

Yes, first Paypal card - never had a reason to have one before and can actually only see one use for it

Don't know if you can top up someone else's Paypal card.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 3:14 am
pb3

Programs: BAEC - Blue - How the once mighty have fallen
Originally Posted by kirky
Had my phone call.
Could you clarify what is meant by the above? I'm a Quidco newbie.

I created a quidco account, logged in and applied for the card by clicking on the quidco link. After submitting my application I got a "decsion could not be made at this time" message.

I can see no evidence in my quidco account that I actually applied through the link.

Can anyone advise where the click-thru referred to above is listed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.