Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for 35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

20,000 BA Miles for 35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Old Apr 30, 10, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by weirdfish View Post
I've just made a call about this as I've got the same. They think that my card has been put on the wrong MR scheme, giving weight to my earlier suspicion that it was not enrolled at all at first. The issue has been past over to the rewards team and should be sorted within 3-5 days. Apparently I should get points from qualifying spend backdated, but no breath is being held.

I'm also expecting to have to call in 500quids time too as I have no confidence now that the main bonus will get paid automatically. It should be noted that the customer service has been very helpful so I have every confidence it will get sorted eventually.
They've just told me the same. They say there's some code that needs to go on the account in order to get the double points, and that the back office will do it in 4-5 working days.

Incidentally, it seemed very difficult to get through to a real person. So for the benefit of anyone else who needs to make this call, the direct number of the Membership Rewards department is 01273 863863.
Old Apr 30, 10, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Looks like a common problem...I had to phone customer services to get them to enrol the card in the membership rewards scheme, but supermarket shopping done over the weekend is showing with no bonus points, so I suspect no 20,000 points would show up when I hit the 500 trigger. I spoke to customer services again this morning, and they assured me that the bonus points appear at a later time, and that the 20,000 points would appear when I spent 500. I wasn't convinced, and was put through to Membership Rewards. The chap I spoke to there agreed that the supermarket spend should be showing the bonus points, so he has sent it to the appropriate team to action.

Moral of the story: don't be fobbed off my customer services, and speak to Membership Rewards!
Old Apr 30, 10, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by adam1uk View Post

Incidentally, it seemed very difficult to get through to a real person. So for the benefit of anyone else who needs to make this call, the direct number of the Membership Rewards department is 01273 863863.

Nice one ^. I normally just ignore the prompts until it gets bored and puts me through to a human. I hate speech platforms almost as much as people that drive with their front foglights on when its clearly not in the slightest bit foggy
Old Apr 30, 10, 11:40 am

This is the longest i have ever had to wait on Quidco
Old Apr 30, 10, 11:52 am

Programs: BAEC
My gut feeling is that it's not going to track.

How long do you have to wait before giving them a nudge? And more importantly, how?
Old Apr 30, 10, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR

How long do you have to wait before giving them a nudge? And more importantly, how?
Procedure is on the website. It has a record of the click-through you made so no need to prove that. You fill in a bit of detail (card number), submit it and it will, eventually, pop up on your account.
Old Apr 30, 10, 12:17 pm

Yes how long? Like i have said, this happened to me with the BA PP+ and i never followed it up in time hence no cash back paid. Has it tracked for anybody? If not then i assume it will eventually track
Old May 1, 10, 10:47 am

Programs: ACDC Gold
applied and approved
already have a BA PlatPlus Amex and a PlatAmex.
Thanks to Roger and Raffles!
Old May 1, 10, 11:00 am

Location: Isle of Skye and Northumberland, UK and outback Australia.
Programs: BA gold
My card plopped on the doormat this morning. Took their time, I thought.

Now I can't seem to link it to my username for Amex online banking. Grrr. As long as I get the sign up miles, I'm happy though.
Old May 1, 10, 12:01 pm
pb3

Programs: BAEC - Blue - How the once mighty have fallen
Originally Posted by Stez View Post
My card plopped on the doormat this morning. Took their time, I thought.

Now I can't seem to link it to my username for Amex online banking. Grrr. As long as I get the sign up miles, I'm happy though.
Lucky you. I heard absolutely nothing after the "we need to perform a few extra checks before your application is processed...." message on signup on the 18th of last month.

This morning a pin code letter plunked through the letterbox.

No card yet
Old May 1, 10, 12:04 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by pb3 View Post
Lucky you. I heard absolutely nothing after the "we need to perform a few extra checks before your application is processed...." message on signup on the 18th of last month.

This morning a pin code letter plunked through the letterbox.

No card yet
Same here ... I think we must have hit the heavy patch.

Well ... I got an email a few days ago saying how pleased they were that I was going to get my statements online and the card arrived today ..... just done mrs uk1's application on quidco#2 (sometimes two transactions for the same supplier doesn't track) and she was approved straight away.

40k miles!
Old May 3, 10, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by pazza2000 View Post
Yes how long? Like i have said, this happened to me with the BA PP+ and i never followed it up in time hence no cash back paid. Has it tracked for anybody? If not then i assume it will eventually track
Oddly enough, Quidco itself will tell you this It's 30 days before you can submit an enquiry (go through the Support route, compose earnings enquiry, and select the Amex Preferred Gold card entry from the drop down).

Looking at earnings enquiries, I also had to submit a support ticket when I got my Plat Amex - so I'd suggest you relax a bit and deal with it when the allotted time has past...
Old May 3, 10, 2:24 pm

I assume that this wouldn't work as an additional card with Centurion?
Old May 3, 10, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored View Post
Oddly enough, Quidco itself will tell you this It's 30 days before you can submit an enquiry (go through the Support route, compose earnings enquiry, and select the Amex Preferred Gold card entry from the drop down).

Looking at earnings enquiries, I also had to submit a support ticket when I got my Plat Amex - so I'd suggest you relax a bit and deal with it when the allotted time has past...
The same thing with myself happened with the plat amex, it never tracked, i submitted an earnings enquiry and nothing came of it -quidco denied there being a cashback promo at my time of application and no cashback. I did not have the time or patience to chase it up then although do so now -if we are all in the same situation then i suppose that helps. I wonder why AMEX are slow/bad payers in regards to the Quidco scheme.
Old May 3, 10, 5:10 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Applied on 22nd April, card arrived last Friday or Saturday, nothing showing on Quidco yet. Will give them another couple of weeks or so before submitting an earning enquiry. My first time using Quidco, hope it comes through alright.

Search this Thread