Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 4:19 pm

RE: Supplementary cards.

I got the welcome call from AmEx and the guy said that I could have two supplementary cards on my account for free. I queried (as I thought it would cost £35) and he said they were free. So I gave him the names and got two extra cards....

... Will be checking tomorrow though if they really are free !

My QuidCo also has not tracked but the option is there to make an Earnings Enquiry after 27 May 2010.
Old May 3, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air

I got the welcome call from AmEx and the guy said that I could have two supplementary cards on my account for free. I queried (as I thought it would cost £35) and he said they were free. So I gave him the names and got two extra cards....

My QuidCo also has not tracked but the option is there to make an Earnings Enquiry after 27 May 2010.
You got a welcome call? I applied and got approved on Saturday, should I be expecting a call tomorrow or Wednesday?
Old May 3, 2010, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air

Do you think you could call and ask for supp cards for free? I too was under the impression that a supp MR card was £35.

Nexy question... if i apply for a 2nd MR card on behalf of a family member through 'my' quidco will it influence the tracking/payment on my MR card? Basically, will quidco only pay out for one card per account?
Old May 3, 2010, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Miles and More Member, AmEx BA PP, AmEx Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Nexy question... if i apply for a 2nd MR card on behalf of a family member through 'my' quidco will it influence the tracking/payment on my MR card? Basically, will quidco only pay out for one card per account?
They probably only pay out once, as in theory you are only allowed to use your Quidco for transactions in your name. At least thet is what I was told when I asked to swich my moms energy supplier through my quidco account.
Kevin
Old May 3, 2010, 4:51 pm

Programs: BAEC
Not to mention no-ones getting paid the once yet
Old May 4, 2010, 12:10 am
k3v

How is everyone doing with the bonus points? Mine havent posted yet, My spend is above £500 but i spent the money before the online account was working correctly so my rewards total only shows the points earnt after a certain date.
Old May 4, 2010, 12:31 am

Programs: BAEC
I've not hit the £500 mark yet as I've stopped using the card. I'm still only getting 1/£ and all the spend so far has been supermarket or fuel. I'm going to wait till thats sorted as I'm sure these accounts have not been built right and wont be surprised if we're still fighting for the 20k bonus in 6 months time
Old May 4, 2010, 1:31 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Do you think you could call and ask for supp cards for free? I too was under the impression that a supp MR card was £35.
A lady at AmEx checked with New Account Openings and she said that the offer has changed. With a Gold Card you now do get two supplementary cards for free so the guy that phoned me was correct.
Old May 4, 2010, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by weirdfish
I've not hit the £500 mark yet as I've stopped using the card. I'm still only getting 1/£ and all the spend so far has been supermarket or fuel. I'm going to wait till thats sorted as I'm sure these accounts have not been built right and wont be surprised if we're still fighting for the 20k bonus in 6 months time
It's not working out well so far, is it Also only getting one point per mile for travel spend. I have now put this card to the back of my wallet as well.
Old May 4, 2010, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by aristoph
It's not working out well so far, is it Also only getting one point per mile for travel spend. I have now put this card to the back of my wallet as well.
+1.

My first 2 transactions didn't give me any MR's at all and my 3rd (travel) spend got me single points.

I might be over pessimistic but, based on my previous experience, I have very little confidence that Quidco will come through on this one.

Last edited by Blueboys999; May 4, 2010 at 6:08 am
Old May 4, 2010, 6:28 am
uk1
Suspended

I'm sorry to hear of others pessimism about quidco. It does tempt fate saying so .... and I know now my Amex Quidco tracking will now either fail or need a nudge because of this post ..... but my success rate at quidco is over 100%.

I've earned substantial cashbacks from Quidco over the last 5 years or so ie several hundred pounds per year for free. I've not made any real effort ie swtiching utilities etc - but I'd say 99% of what I should have been paid has been paid. Added to this, sometimes when a transaction has been cancelled it has still bizarrely been paid.

The chances are the Amex transaction will track or if not as long as it has registered on Quidco then a request sees it go through.

I don't think Amex want to renege on the cashback.
Old May 4, 2010, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by uk1
I'm sorry to hear of others pessimism about quidco. It does tempt fate saying so .... and I know now my Amex Quidco tracking will now either fail or need a nudge because of this post ..... but my success rate at quidco is over 100%.
Sorry, I have to ask. How did you manage an over 100% tracking success rate?

My first miles have posted today, shopping at Tesco, and correctly showing as double points:

Date Description Charge Base points Bonus Points Total Points
01/05/2010 TESCO STORES £57.73 57 57 114
First year welcome bonus - 0 57
Old May 4, 2010, 7:06 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Paralytic
Sorry, I have to ask. How did you manage an over 100% tracking success rate?
Originally Posted by uk1
Added to this, sometimes when a transaction has been cancelled it has still bizarrely been paid.
Old May 4, 2010, 7:35 am

Programs: Sometimes BA, sometimes AA
I got refused
My stoozing has finally caught up with me!
Old May 4, 2010, 7:44 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by potfish
I got refused
My stoozing has finally caught up with me!
Bad luck. Still ..... at least it makes it sweeter for those that haven't been refused!

I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.

Groucho Marx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.