Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase BA Companion Ticket $30,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
As demonstrated in the last few posts, there is no need for an "amenable agent." It can be very easily accomplished on-line.
How exactly would you do it online. Can you add extra segments to an already confirmed and ticketed online reservation?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
As demonstrated in the last few posts, there is no need for an "amenable agent." It can be very easily accomplished on-line.
Let me put my point another way. If a person does decide to call it will require an amenable agent as it's expressly excluded under the published terms and conditions.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
I've made my own booking for August next year this way - booked first two flights online when they came into system range, called back a couple of weeks later when the return came into range. The MAN agents I spoke to weren't phased at all.

Still awaiting etkt reissue now but that's another story...
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
How exactly would you do it online. Can you add extra segments to an already confirmed and ticketed online reservation?
This discussion began when post #700 asked how to book the outbound flight without simultaneously booking the return flight.

Booking the outbound flight on-line is very simple -- you simply check the box for "one-way."

Adding the return flight will later require a phone call, but, as others have indicated, the customer service reps are quite familiar with this process. It is not a big deal.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
This discussion began when post #700 asked how to book the outbound flight without simultaneously booking the return flight.

Booking the outbound flight on-line is very simple -- you simply check the box for "one-way."

Adding the return flight will later require a phone call, but, as others have indicated, the customer service reps are quite familiar with this process. It is not a big deal.
But then you are changed a fee for doing it over the phone, right?
Has anyone ever had a hassle doing this?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:31 pm

I have done this several times recently, and the CSR will typically waive the change fee because the return flight date had yet to be made available at the time of the original booking. YMMV
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:53 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum

Adding the return flight will later require a phone This discussion began when post #700 asked how to book the outbound flight without simultaneously booking the return flight.

call, but, as others have indicated, the customer service reps are quite familiar with this process. It is not a big deal.
So even though the voucher was used for the first "one-way", it would still be available to add the return to the already booked one-way?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by ohmark
So even though the voucher was used for the first "one-way", it would still be available to add the return to the already booked one-way?
Yes, you are simply adding a return leg to an existing 2-4-1 booking, and the voucher continues to apply to the revised booking. This has been done many times by folks on this board.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: AA Gold, AS, HA, CX, AF, BA, UA, HH
No seat availability on ba.com

I am trying to book XNA-SYD in Business Class using my 2-4-1 voucher. Searching on AA and QF shows plenty of availability in both seats and dates, yet when I log on to my BA account to search, hardly anything shows up and then only in Economy or one or two Premium Economy for the same dates. Do I just need to call BA and book on the phone? Why do theses seats not show up on BA when they show up on AA and QF? (Even changing departure to DFW yields no Business Class seats.)
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by elc2414
I am trying to book XNA-SYD in Business Class using my 2-4-1 voucher. Searching on AA and QF shows plenty of availability in both seats and dates, yet when I log on to my BA account to search, hardly anything shows up and then only in Economy or one or two Premium Economy for the same dates. Do I just need to call BA and book on the phone? Why do theses seats not show up on BA when they show up on AA and QF? (Even changing departure to DFW yields no Business Class seats.)
Answered on the guide thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...edition-3.html
Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
I missed the 30K spend for 2016 - because my last transaction, which would have taken me over, while dated 30Dec, didn't post until 01Jan. Chase won't budge.

I'm trying to look at it as extra spend for 2017, and not needing a new voucher this year (already have one booked for Aug) - but still, I could have got it last and possibly still made it this year, and then had 2 for 2018... Grrr...
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:57 am

Stopover in LHR? Lower Fees Which Direction?

I recall reading a while back using stopovers at LHR before continuing on to the final destination using 2-1 redemption. There was a discussion about one direction US to LHR or LHR to US that would reduce taxes/fees that BA charges?? My final destination is ARN. Did I imagine this discussion??
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:14 pm

The Air Passenger Duty or GB tax charged after a stopover in the UK depends on the distance travelled ex-UK, so LHR-USA will have a higher GB tax than LHR-EU. Avoid the UK stop completely (just connect) and avoid the GB tax completely.

If you're going to stop anyway, it does make some sense to stop on the way to Europe instead of on the way back to the US.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:19 pm

Thanks JAXBA!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: ex-ExPlat, AA Lifetime Platinum
i would like to book SFO-LHR-MAA as soon as possible because FC from SFO-LHR goes quickly and the second leg LHR-MAA is the following day. is is possible to book SFO-LHR and put it on hold until the next day and then add LHR-MAA? or do i have to wait until LHR-MAA is available to book and hope that the SFO-LHR is not gone? thanks for any insight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.