Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Newbie Question: Popular MR's ? Or go Swiss

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie Question: Popular MR's ? Or go Swiss

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: I don't do status - I do benefits
Errr, it's not quite as simple as that. I've tried it for a number of date/flight combinations, and, even though there is plenty of J class availability on the same flights (and connecting combinations) showing on Seatcounter, the moment you add more than one stopover, the ticket switches into D class for a cool GBP2300
the c. £2300 "D" class ticket means you have selected one leg using a LH flight rather than a LX flight.

I priced the trip (on LH.com) using LX - out on the 8th April, back on the 9th - price £211 (IIRC).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Grozny
Presumably if I take a companion, I can book both sets of miles to the same Frequent Flyer account (i.e. two lots of status miles to MY account)?

No, it is impossible.
Where can I find this in BMI's t&c's?

It seem strange that I have to fly twice rather than buy two tickets on the same flight . For me the cost is much the same (give or take a Tube ticket).
What about if I book one seat plus an empty next to it (ever moved a cello on a plane!)?

Last edited by Ivan Grozny; Mar 17, 2009 at 10:15 am Reason: extra example
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:22 am

Programs: AY plat, EB gold, LH Sen
Originally Posted by Ivan Grozny
the c. £2300 "D" class ticket means you have selected one leg using a LH flight rather than a LX flight.

I priced the trip (on LH.com) using LX - out on the 8th April, back on the 9th - price £211 (IIRC).

Where can I find this in BMI's t&c's?

It seem strange that I have to fly twice rather than buy two tickets on the same flight . For me the cost is much the same (give or take a Tube ticket).
What about if I book one seat plus an empty next to it (ever moved a cello on a plane!)?
Yeah, we could all book the spl J fares on LX and book a full plane and I will have planet full of miles.! Nice thought but unfortunately not possible

The Simple answer is NO as others have said.
You have to FLY to get miles. Miles are only credited to the account of the person who flies. Anybody can buy a ticket for every tom, dick and harry but miles are only credited to the account of the person who flies.
If you bought 2 separate tickets and gave the same FF number, you would have to give the same name too. How will you check in twice? board twice?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by mahajanvikas
Well, not entirely correct because you could have an overnight stop enroute too either in zrh or gva or bsl.

More than 4 segments is IMPOSSIBLE in a day. Problem lies because of the exact routing restrictions on the JCRAZYUK fare. Only allowed routing is:
LON-ZRH-BSL-BCN
LON-ZRH-GVA-BCN

On the first possible routing,

There is only 1 flight a day BSL-BCN:
LX1934 dep 0950 BSL - arr BCN 1135 (days 1,3,5)
LX1934 dep 0635 BSL - arr BCN 0820 (day 6)
LX1934 dep 0945 BSL - arr BCN 1130 (day 7)

And only 1 flight a day BCN-BSL:
LX1935 dep 1215 BCN - arr BSL 1410 (days 1,3,5)
LX1935 dep 0900 BCN - arr BSL 1055 (day 6)
LX1935 dep 1210 BCN - arr BSL 1405 (day 7)

As you can not catch the LX1934 same day as you depart LON via ZRH, therefore you can not reach back to lon the same day.

On the second possible routing,

There are only 2 flights a day GVA-BCN:
LX1940 dep 0710 GVA - arr BCN 0830
LX1946 dep 1820 GVA - arr BCN 1945

And only 2 flights a day BCN-GVA:
LX1941 dep 0910 BCN - arr GVA 1045
LX1947 dep 2025 BCN - arr GVA 2155

As you can not catch the LX1940 same day as you depart LON via ZRH, you have to take the evening flight LX1946 to BCN and therefore you can not reach back to LON the same day.

Outgoing and return flights via different options is also not possible due to the above flight timings.

Therefore the best you can do is 4 segments in a day or 6 segments with an overnight either in ZRH, GVA, BSL or BCN.

The KEY is the exact routing restrictions.

Thanks, this is a great response ^ Never thought of using BSL as a transit point.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Which site are you using to display the options? LX's own site or one of the popular engines like Travelocity or Expedia?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 3:23 pm

Programs: Diamond Club, OnePass, Priority Club, HHonors, SPG, Hyatt, Golden Circle
Thanks Kevincm,

Beautifully clear explanation, ta!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 3:37 pm

Programs: If I don´t have it, I don´t need it!
Originally Posted by flyclub
Anyone know if a flight operated by Swiss European Air Lines with an LX flight number in J will credit ok to BMI?
Swiss European Air Lines is LX - no problem at all.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 3:39 pm

Programs: AY plat, EB gold, LH Sen
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Which site are you using to display the options? LX's own site or one of the popular engines like Travelocity or Expedia?
A lot of collection from various sources mainly ITA, KVS and Expertflyer.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
The 6 segment flights are being priced up and booked using the milti-city function at lufthansa.co.uk
Old Mar 17, 2009, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Problem lies because of the exact routing restrictions on the JCRAZYUK fare. Only allowed routing is:
LON-ZRH-BSL-BCN
LON-ZRH-GVA-BCN
Ahhhh, well that's the key to it then - LON-GVA-ZRH-BCN & vv allow much better connectivity (you can even do a one day, six segment trip if you're up for it!), but clearly does not work with this fare. Thank you for clarifying

So, the question is whether the extra 2400 miles is worth the two additional half days off work getting there and back...
Old Mar 17, 2009, 5:23 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
If you bought 2 separate tickets and gave the same FF number, you would have to give the same name too. How will you check in twice? board twice?
Well, where there's a will, as they say... I wanted to give my son my first name so that we could eventually use each other's FF cards Thankfully his mother talked me out of it
Old Mar 17, 2009, 5:25 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
kt74 , you work weekends?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by jbfield
kt74 , you work weekends?
In the current environment, doesn't everyone?! Although, yes, in fact I do sort of work at the weekend, albeit for reasons other than the day job! (...ask edi-traveller or LHR_Tim )

However, in this case, I was actually planning to spend the weekend visiting a friend in Barca, and LX seems a reasonably priced way of avoiding cattle class (so I'm actually flying because I want to get there... I know! Not doing it for the miles! Perish the thought!)
Old Mar 18, 2009, 3:08 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
I have been using LX fares to get to UK from home in BCN for a while now.. just had one missed connect in GVA once, and had to wait four hours for the next flight to LCY in their nice little lounge.

So when are you all coming over for a MR and dinner in BCN? Easy to get a place to stay for under Euro 100.. make a weekend out of it.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: I don't do status - I do benefits
For lower priced accomodation, there is a Travelodge "Barcelona Hospitalet" very close to Parc de Montjuic - double room 70 euros for 8th April, falling to 45 euros for many dates in the summer (if booked in advance).
If you have got a STRONG pair of legs, you could walk it from the airport!

"Train-Fira Europa: 15 minutes to city centry (1,25 Euros)
Bus - N46: 15 minutes to the Airport (1,25 Euros)" according to travelodge
Old Mar 18, 2009, 6:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by silversurfer
Swiss European Air Lines is LX - no problem at all.
Thanks as on the LH website you don't get the star alliance symbol next to flights operated by them - seems a silly confusing omission!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.