FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newbie Question: Popular MR's ? Or go Swiss
Thread: Newbie Question: Popular MR's ? Or go Swiss
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:22 am
mahajanvikas

Programs: AY plat, EB gold, LH Sen
Originally Posted by Ivan Grozny
the c. £2300 "D" class ticket means you have selected one leg using a LH flight rather than a LX flight.

I priced the trip (on LH.com) using LX - out on the 8th April, back on the 9th - price £211 (IIRC).

Where can I find this in BMI's t&c's?

It seem strange that I have to fly twice rather than buy two tickets on the same flight . For me the cost is much the same (give or take a Tube ticket).
What about if I book one seat plus an empty next to it (ever moved a cello on a plane!)?
Yeah, we could all book the spl J fares on LX and book a full plane and I will have planet full of miles.! Nice thought but unfortunately not possible

The Simple answer is NO as others have said.
You have to FLY to get miles. Miles are only credited to the account of the person who flies. Anybody can buy a ticket for every tom, dick and harry but miles are only credited to the account of the person who flies.
If you bought 2 separate tickets and gave the same FF number, you would have to give the same name too. How will you check in twice? board twice?