Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Help: DC redemption : need help checking availability for....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Help: DC redemption : need help checking availability for....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2009, 10:35 am

Programs: A3*G, AB-G, Hilton Gold, Marroit Silver
Need help with LX redemption availability

HI Can someone please check the LX availability for the following please:
2 adults
16th-18th Apr

LX289 for JNB - ZRH
LX316 for ZRH - LHR (or another reasonable connection to above flight)

preferably in business
Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 20, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
nothing in business on LX289 for your dates.
Only premium availability is 2xF seats on 17th Apr

LX 316 has 9 seats showing in I atm
Hope I helped
Old Jan 20, 2009, 12:40 pm

Thanks very much pogonation!!

Sorry to bug you again:

Is there any economy availability on LX289 over those dates? and corresponding connnections to london?

Cheers!
Old Jan 20, 2009, 1:11 pm

Yes, expert flyer shows 9 and 9 in economy for these flights on the 16th april. Nothing on the other days. Also connections to LCY on the 16th if that's easier for you.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 3:55 pm

Thumbs up

Many thanks allanhuk!

Now its time to keep my fingers crossed until the ICC opens again...

Thanks to you both for the quick replies.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 4:34 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Any help with the following would be appreciated.

Route: ZRH to LAX
Class: F
Airline/Flight no.: LX40
Dates: 12/13/14 Apr.

Route: LAX to ZRH
Class: F
Airline/Flight no.: LX41
Dates: 18/19 Apr.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Out: No / C only / No

In: No / No
Old Jan 20, 2009, 4:50 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Out: No / C only / No

In: No / No
Thank you ^
Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:14 am

Business Availability to CPT/JNB

All

Having used ANA tool to look for availability from LHR-JNB and LHR-CPT in Aug, there is plenty of availability in economy for 2 people but none at all in business? Is this common and/or usual?

Would someone be able to have a look for ZRH-JNB on 18,19,20 Aug and JNB-ZRH 2,3,4 Sept in business please?

Many thanks.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by MrBo
Would someone be able to have a look for ZRH-JNB on 18,19,20 Aug and JNB-ZRH 2,3,4 Sept in business please?
ZRH-JNB

18 Aug 1 F and 9 J
19 Aug 2 F and 9 J
20 Aug 2 F and 9 J

JNB-ZRH

2 Sept 2 F only
3 Sept 2 F only
4 Sept nothing

There are 9 J seats available on 1 Sept.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Corpt
ZRH-JNB

18 Aug 1 F and 9 J
19 Aug 2 F and 9 J
20 Aug 2 F and 9 J

JNB-ZRH

2 Sept 2 F only
3 Sept 2 F only
4 Sept nothing

There are 9 J seats available on 1 Sept.
Thanks Corpt...
Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by MrBo
Thanks Corpt...
No problem.^

Another option for the return on 3 Sept in J would be CPT-(JNB)-IST-MAN with TK (Turkish). The CPT-IST flight makes a stop in JNB then continues without you changing plane.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 2:48 pm

Sorry if I sound a little dumb - I've been a DC member for a number of years and have slowly collected points, but have never redeemed. I now have enough points to get a return J class between zone 1 and zone 9 and would like to use these to visit my mum later this year, as a surprise for her birthday.

Would like to fly SYD-MAN around 28 Oct and then LHR-SYD around 9 November.

I don't need any stopovers and would prefer to take as direct flights as possible.

So, I called the DC 0870 number last night, but was told there was no J availability at all, on or around these dates. However, there was plenty of Y.

I'd tried looking up availability through expert flyer, but (unless I'm using it incorrectly), it doesn't show award availability for SQ or TG (the carriers I suspect I will have to use for my route - would prefer SQ).

Having scanned a view DC threads, I see a number of peopel referring to an ANA tool and also finding J, even F availability for flights later this year (granted, on other routes).

Can anyone please give me a few points as to how to find the seats I'm looking for? A link to the ANA tool and any pointers as to how to call someone who can actually assist me?

Really appreciate it.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by mpnile
Sorry if I sound a little dumb - I've been a DC member for a number of years and have slowly collected points, but have never redeemed. I now have enough points to get a return J class between zone 1 and zone 9 and would like to use these to visit my mum later this year, as a surprise for her birthday.

Would like to fly SYD-MAN around 28 Oct and then LHR-SYD around 9 November.

I don't need any stopovers and would prefer to take as direct flights as possible.

So, I called the DC 0870 number last night, but was told there was no J availability at all, on or around these dates. However, there was plenty of Y.

I'd tried looking up availability through expert flyer, but (unless I'm using it incorrectly), it doesn't show award availability for SQ or TG (the carriers I suspect I will have to use for my route - would prefer SQ).

Having scanned a view DC threads, I see a number of peopel referring to an ANA tool and also finding J, even F availability for flights later this year (granted, on other routes).

Can anyone please give me a few points as to how to find the seats I'm looking for? A link to the ANA tool and any pointers as to how to call someone who can actually assist me?

Really appreciate it.
Welcome npnile.

Have a look at this thread which explains the ANA tool and how to use it to find reward availability:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...sterclass.html

Best is to search point to point flights and then string them together.
When you phone DC, have the flights numbers to hand and get them to check availability one segment at a time - building up your trip.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 3:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Welcome to Flyertalk and glad you have found us at the bmi board, mpnile ^

You're not the first, and certainly not the last, poster who's hit the blanket "no availability" brick wall when dealing with the call centre.

Award availability UK to SYD is lower than usual at the moment, due to SQ blacking out J and F awards on its newest aircraft, but there's still plenty there if you follow the advice in the FAQs. One more-or-less guaranteed route with J availability is Asiana via Seoul, and of course you can look at the Pacific route with NZ too.

PS, I like your Flyertalk handle : looks like the letters I would get in the Scrabble rack.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.