Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

*A departures 'super' lounge at LHR T1 - Now Open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*A departures 'super' lounge at LHR T1 - Now Open

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2008, 9:21 pm

Question Lockable storage for carry-ons

Can anyone comment whether the *G section has any sort of lockable carry-on storage, along the lines of what LH offers in MUC?
Old Dec 18, 2008, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by blue2002
Can anyone comment whether the *G section has any sort of lockable carry-on storage, along the lines of what LH offers in MUC?
I don't recall ever seeing such a facility but I'll be in there around 13:30 today, will have a look for you.

Edit: Had a quick word with one of the receptionists on passing, they don't have this facility.

Last edited by allanhuk; Dec 19, 2008 at 11:30 am
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:02 am

I'm about fly BD LHR-MAN this weekend from Terminal 1. With regards to lounge access, which lounges can I access given that I am a BD Gold as well as BA Gold?

I ask this because this is the first time for me flying BD domestically and I am not sure if T1 is segregated into domestic v the rest and so to restrict movement and the choice to use whatever lounge you wish (given that time is not an issue).

With regards to accessing BA's lounge, I was very confused reading this:

" I’m on one of the T1 flights – what lounges do I use?

Note the lounge is only accessible through this international departures route – so no more Open Doors for BA Golds on BD/EI flights out of the ‘real’ Domestic part of T1 Inside, however, both floors are in operation for eligible passengers. There is no separate First/Gold section."

Many thanks in advance.

ps If there is anyone who requires guess access to the lounges, pm me, I will be at T1 during the AM.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
That is out of date re the BA lounge. T1 is no longer segregated. You can Open Doors yourself in to the BA Terraces at Gate 5 (though the entrance is indeed only upstairs) - follow the signs. In addition, you'll have rights to use the Star lounge and the BD lounges with your BD*G on a BD flight. Basically, you won't be short of options...
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by baclubflyer
If there is anyone who requires guess access to the lounges, pm me, I will be at T1 during the AM.
Access to the *A lounge is *G-only, no guests.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
but (as *G) you can take a guest travelling on the same flight, can't you?
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:31 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Star Alliance and bmi lounge information is in post 7 of the Flying with bmi FAQ, from the Master Sticky. Here's a link:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...e-lounges.html

Edit: too slow.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:37 am

Wow thanks for the amazingly speedy responses guys. Really appreciate it! Only reason I brought it up was because for some reason I remember there is a separate UK vs Int'l flights security area just after check-in. But I suppose once you pass that its open to all.

On another note (and slightly random one at that), would you have any info re: printers at the new *G lounge? Or any of the other lounges for that matter? On a general note, which lounge do you think is worth visiting given the choice?

BA is actually closing down the Terraces lounge at Gate 5 sometime next week (Jan 22 I think) and its customers will be transferred to the *G lounge.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:44 am

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
AFAIK, *G can bring a guest departing on any *A flight on the same day (may be different from the flight the *G is on). I've done it many times. Unless there is some exception for the LHR lounge that I'm not aware of.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Corpt
but (as *G) you can take a guest travelling on the same flight, can't you?
Indeed, I read the poster as offering to sign in anyone who just happened to be a-cruisin' round T1 this weekend.

Looking at the *A website, it defines the *G benefit as :

Airport Lounge Access - available worldwide for you and a friend* when you travel with any Star Alliance member airline, regardless of your class of travel.

*Guests must enter with eligible Star Alliance Gold customer and must depart on a Star Alliance airline, though not necessarily on the same flight.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
The terminal used to be segregated. It all changed in the summer.

I'm fairly certain bmi lounges don't have printers.

None of the lounges are terribly exciting so the answer to your question depends on what you want to do in the lounge. If you want to eat you will need to use the *G lounge as bmi only serves snacks.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:47 am

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
printers at the new *G lounge?
There's a printer in the *G lounge, but the use is rather awkward, you have to borrow a disk from reception to install the drivers and the connect your laptop with a provided USB cable.

which lounge do you think is worth visiting given the choice?
I personally consider the LHR *A lounge one of the best *G lounges worldwide.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:52 am

Indeed, I read the poster as offering to sign in anyone who just happened to be a-cruisin' round T1 this weekend.

Looking at the *A website, it defines the *G benefit as :
Yes indeed - I will be there Sunday AM - to all, feel free to PM me.

However, on the useful tip about printing (or the lack of it in the *G lounge) I think I will visit the BA lounge first to print off something (and to bode it a farewell I suppose).
Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld
There's a printer in the *G lounge, but the use is rather awkward, you have to borrow a disk from reception to install the drivers and the connect your laptop with a provided USB cable.
Not if you have a mac! It should plug straight in and "just work"!

Brian.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 4:44 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
And since you are kindly offering to sponsor another into the lounge, do you use ba97.com to record your movements through lounges*? this site is run by other FT'ers (ba97 i think!!) and provides a means of locating fellow FT'ers and helping with lounge access and meeting for a drink etc.

*I know this is teaching most to suck eggs, but this thread will turn up on seaches and will be useful to some.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.