Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

*A departures 'super' lounge at LHR T1 - Now Open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*A departures 'super' lounge at LHR T1 - Now Open

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2009, 5:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
There was an attempt at a lounge meeting thread a while back.

LHR Lounge Meetings Thread
Old Jan 26, 2009, 3:55 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
Any one notice that BMI are no longer the handling agent at LHR for LOT? Saw some LOT passengers being refused entry to the BMI lounge last week and they were redirected to the "United" lounge. Menzies are the new baggage handling agent. Been like this for at least a month apparently.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Flew LOT last week. Have to admit I didn't notice, as it was my first time.

No problems with the service however!
Old Jan 28, 2009, 2:47 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Manzies started handling LOT in mid-December. Check-in now starts 3 hours prior to departure and there are always 3 counters staffed. On the negative note, yesterday they forgot to attach priority sticker to my baggage tag.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
Manzies started handling LOT in mid-December. Check-in now starts 3 hours prior to departure and there are always 3 counters staffed. On the negative note, yesterday they forgot to attach priority sticker to my baggage tag.
But did you get your Gold seat block? Nice perk ^
Old Jan 28, 2009, 4:39 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Flew Business with BMI this weekend, and flew through T1 on Sunday, and used the Star Alliance Lounge at T1. It was crowded (5PM), no seats apart from those god awful tall ones, and the air conditioning was pretty much gone, and so the heat was somewhat disgusting. It just isn't a big enough space for me.

I used the Lounge back in October as well, however, it was a little more empty back then, and didn't have as much of a problem with it.

However, I decided to hop right on out of there and back to the BMI Lounge at the other side of the terminal, where it was spacious and cool. And didn't have to queue to drink or eat.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Silver
This has probably been answered before but what will happen when SK/LH/AC/SQ etc are in T1? Will any of these carriers open their own lounges, will the *A lounge be expanded? Seems the existing lounge is already busy at peak times without this extra demand.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:46 am

Currently in the T3 SK lounge and it's fairly busy - my first trip in here, and it's not as good as I'd been led to believe!
Old Jan 28, 2009, 7:23 am

Question

Originally Posted by o0herbie
But did you get your Gold seat block? Nice perk ^
Since when is LO blocking seats next to *G? Or do you mean something different by the "Gold seat block"?
Old Jan 28, 2009, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blue2002
Since when is LO blocking seats next to *G? Or do you mean something different by the "Gold seat block"?
I have flown LOT quite a LOT (sorry couldn't resist stupid joke) as a *G and have not received seat blocking in Y. I asked and was told "NO"
Old Mar 1, 2009, 12:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Talking

Decided to 'treat' myself, by saying my first domestic BMI flight I had to take on a Sunday (work reasons) I'd try out the new lounge (I've been delaying the pleasure for a few weeks since I became gold)... I'll never move back to the dmi domestic, except for somewhere to sit for a few minutes before the flight.

Today (Sunday evening, 7pm), there is a very nice food selection of;
  • Sandwiches and salad (4 types of sandwich then meat/cheese separately)
  • Curry (Chicken Korma)
  • Highland soup & bread
  • And curry nibbles (Pakoras, somosas and so forth - 5 varieties)
Even better, for the cider drinkers, they have bottles of bulmers, and their kettle chips are much better than walkers (Shame I'm driving in a short while, so, no cider for me tonight!)

I'm (almost) looking forward to trying it next week when I'm definitely going to do breakfast here on my next domestic (I do LHR-MAN each week).

No problem with entry either, was joking with the staff that their nibbles would be much better than the croissant that is probably in the bmi domestic lounge at the moment.

PS: Even olives too...
Old Mar 1, 2009, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I have flown LOT quite a LOT (sorry couldn't resist stupid joke) as a *G and have not received seat blocking in Y. I asked and was told "NO"
Only just seen this due to the thread bump - the block for LHR-WAW wasnt mentioned, but I had a row of 3 to myself.

For WAW-LHR, the Gold check-in staff member mentioned and offered the block.

I felt it polite to accept

I was in Y on a 0.25x points bucket - nothing flashy!
Old Mar 1, 2009, 7:33 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Indeed, I read the poster as offering to sign in anyone who just happened to be a-cruisin' round T1 this weekend.

Looking at the *A website, it defines the *G benefit as :

Airport Lounge Access - available worldwide for you and a friend* when you travel with any Star Alliance member airline, regardless of your class of travel.

*Guests must enter with eligible Star Alliance Gold customer and must depart on a Star Alliance airline, though not necessarily on the same flight.
Has anyone had any luck trying to bring two guests in to the T1 *A lounge? I'm flying with my elderly parents; my ticket is in BMI business class and I'm *G, but they are in Y on the same flight and have no status. Are the lounge gatekeepers likely to say, "you can bring your mum in, but dad has to stay outside"?
Old Mar 1, 2009, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
This has probably been answered before but what will happen when SK/LH/AC/SQ etc are in T1?
My understanding is that AC/SQ/NH/TG/TK/SK/CA will not be moving into T1 at all, but will wait it out back at T3 until the new *A terminal is completed. Is that still planned to happen in 2012?

So just the nice LH/LX/OS/TP/OU(still?) folks from T2 to come down the corridor - and they are well used to the crowded LH lounges so it won't be a big change for them...
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by snic
Has anyone had any luck trying to bring two guests in to the T1 *A lounge? I'm flying with my elderly parents; my ticket is in BMI business class and I'm *G, but they are in Y on the same flight and have no status. Are the lounge gatekeepers likely to say, "you can bring your mum in, but dad has to stay outside"?
Yes. IME. *A lounge agents are more rule-bound than BD ones. In this situation, I would personally go and ask nicely at the BD lounge rather than the *A one. They may still say no but the odds of them saying yes are higher than in the*A lounge, IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.