Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

*A departures 'super' lounge at LHR T1 - Now Open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*A departures 'super' lounge at LHR T1 - Now Open

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:07 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
I was refused access into the upstairs BD lounge the other day as it is now reserved for long-haul BMI passengers Downstairs was packed to the gunnels so in I went, turned to the far left corner and went upstairs in the lift. Much more pleasant and they even had Worcester Sauce for my Bloody Mary.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
I was refused access into the upstairs BD lounge the other day as it is now reserved for long-haul BMI passengers Downstairs was packed to the gunnels so in I went, turned to the far left corner and went upstairs in the lift. Much more pleasant and they even had Worcester Sauce for my Bloody Mary.
That's all very well, but how about the celery salt? AF lounges used to have these nifty little sachets.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 7:01 am

So here I am drinking a lovely bottle of London Pride in the Star Alliance Lounge at T1... there's sandwiches too! No problem to enter with a domestic bmi boarding card / LH Senator Gold card. Nice lounge too, design reminds me of the Star Alliance lounge in Zurich. Drinks (bottles) London Pride , Becks, Guiness, Sol, Bulmers. Free pour spirirts. Wine. Water in 0.5l plastic bottles. Coke, fanta, sprite in 330ml cans.

Also saw new sign for bmi lounge in T1 says 'Bmi lounge international flights only'. Will go up towards domestic departure gate and see what's going on there in a bit.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 7:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Great stuff - thanks for the info, as much detail as you can please!

Any chance the mods can change the title of this thead as the claim in the OP is confirmed as untrue?
Old Jul 4, 2008, 7:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by allanhuk
Coke, fanta, sprite in 330ml cans.
Yippee ! ^
Old Jul 4, 2008, 7:11 am

So here I am drinking a lovely bottle of London Pride in the Star Alliance Lounge at T1... there's sandwiches too! No problem to enter with a domestic bmi boarding card / LH Senator Gold card. Nice lounge too, design reminds me of the Star Alliance lounge in Zurich. Drinks (bottles) London Pride , Becks, Guiness, Sol, Bulmers. Free pour spirirts. Wine. Water in 0.5l plastic bottles.
Can't wait to try it. ^

Coke, fanta, sprite in 330ml cans.
Proper drinks, not Pepsi?!

How long did it take to walk from the Star lounge to the domestic gates?
Old Jul 4, 2008, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Got a phone with camera allanhuk ?

We want photos !
Old Jul 4, 2008, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Gold, AF Gold, AA; Marriott Silver, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
I would imagine for now, yes, UA F only, and MP UGS members too. Further down the line, I would expect LH/LX flyers, where the connection in FRA/MUC/ZRH etc. is in F, will have access along with M&M HON members.

It would have to include some, if not all, of those, as UA will be the only *A airline with an F cabin ex. T1 for the next few years, and it would be a wholly under utilised lounge for much of the day otherwise.
Anyone knows when LH and all those * carriers in T2 (TP, LX, OS etc) are going to move to T1?
Old Jul 4, 2008, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Corpt
How long did it take to walk from the Star lounge to the domestic gates?
I came in over T2 (LH from Frankfurt) and then through the flight connection center, lounge is on the left just after security. Walk to domestic is effectively the whole of T1 shopping shopping center, then through the bit where they recheck your photo. Probably 10 min max with a clear run. I don't think they call the flights in that lounge though, so you'll have to keep an eye on the time.

Sorry, no pictures as I've already relocated to the bmi domestic lounge. Beer selection was much too tempting to stay.

Sorry, also forgot to say that it looks like United moved to T1 international today. Coming through FCC there were BAA staff asking if you were flying United.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 8:29 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
So here I am drinking a lovely bottle of London Pride in the Star Alliance Lounge at T1... there's sandwiches too! No problem to enter with a domestic bmi boarding card / LH Senator Gold card. Nice lounge too, design reminds me of the Star Alliance lounge in Zurich. Drinks (bottles) London Pride , Becks, Guiness, Sol, Bulmers. Free pour spirirts. Wine. Water in 0.5l plastic bottles. Coke, fanta, sprite in 330ml cans.

Also saw new sign for bmi lounge in T1 says 'Bmi lounge international flights only'. Will go up towards domestic departure gate and see what's going on there in a bit.
I'm confused.... passed through T1 yesterday and the new *A lounge (where the old BA lounges used to be, right?) was still under construction. Entrance was blocked and it looked like there was quite a bit of work still to do.

Are there two new lounges??

EDITED

Ooooops....

Just read back through the thread and realised the lounge opened today.... missed it by a day.

Judging by the condition yesterday at 18:00 they must have worked through the night!

-- Dambus

Last edited by Dambus; Jul 4, 2008 at 8:37 am Reason: Ooops
Old Jul 6, 2008, 5:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Moderator Edit July 4th 2008: Title of this thread has been change to indicate that the *A Super-lounge is now open!
ahem, bmi webmongers.....
Old Jul 6, 2008, 5:34 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by whkchan
Anyone knows when LH and all those * carriers in T2 (TP, LX, OS etc) are going to move to T1?
They are supposed to be moving to T1 in November.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 11:28 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61i)

Anyone tried to get in here on a Lufty flight ex-T2? I remember the lounges used to be funny about taking pax from other terminals (BAA regulations qwere alleged), but with T1 currently half-empty and that dreich wee lounge in T2, I wonder how willing they'd be...

(I have a flight comin up is a fortnight, so may try then if nobody here has in the meantime, anyway...)
Old Jul 7, 2008, 6:00 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
So is it still reasonably possible and practical to get from T2 to T1 and then back to T2 for a T2 departure?
Old Jul 7, 2008, 6:35 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Well, there've been some "no entry" signs along the T1-T2 corridor for a while now, but they seem to be largely ignored. Priority Pass have closed their T2 lounge and are advising their customers to walk to T1 and use the lounge there, so there is that precedent at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.