FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - *A departures 'super' lounge at LHR T1 - Now Open
Old Jul 4, 2008, 8:29 am
Dambus

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by allanhuk
So here I am drinking a lovely bottle of London Pride in the Star Alliance Lounge at T1... there's sandwiches too! No problem to enter with a domestic bmi boarding card / LH Senator Gold card. Nice lounge too, design reminds me of the Star Alliance lounge in Zurich. Drinks (bottles) London Pride , Becks, Guiness, Sol, Bulmers. Free pour spirirts. Wine. Water in 0.5l plastic bottles. Coke, fanta, sprite in 330ml cans.

Also saw new sign for bmi lounge in T1 says 'Bmi lounge international flights only'. Will go up towards domestic departure gate and see what's going on there in a bit.
I'm confused.... passed through T1 yesterday and the new *A lounge (where the old BA lounges used to be, right?) was still under construction. Entrance was blocked and it looked like there was quite a bit of work still to do.

Are there two new lounges??

EDITED

Ooooops....

Just read back through the thread and realised the lounge opened today.... missed it by a day.

Judging by the condition yesterday at 18:00 they must have worked through the night!

-- Dambus

Last edited by Dambus; Jul 4, 2008 at 8:37 am Reason: Ooops