Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double/Triple/Quad Dest/Status Miles when you fly BD in Feb/Mar 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double/Triple/Quad Dest/Status Miles when you fly BD in Feb/Mar 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Double/Triple/Quad Dest/Status Miles when you fly BD in Feb/Mar 2012

It's (almost) a new month so it's time for another miles offer:

Originally Posted by Diamond Club
Dear sigma421

Fly with us during February and you could earn up to triple bonus miles.

Simply take a bmi operated flight between 1 February and 29 February 2012 and you'll receive double destinations miles if you travel in Economy or triple destinations miles if you travel in Business Class.

You must opt in to receive your bonus miles. Simply click on your preferred reward below. You'll need to hurry though, as registration ends at midnight on Tuesday 31 January 2012.

Opt in for destinations miles bonus.
Opt in for status miles bonus.
We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon.

Hugz 4 Valentines Day

Keeley Downing
Originally Posted by Terms and Conditions on flybmi.com
This offer is only available to the named recipient of this email and is non transferable
You must register for this promotion by midnight on 31 January 2012, by clicking one of the register links within the email. If you do not register for this promotion you will not be eligible for the reward at the end of the promotion
Your original choice of reward will be fulfilled on qualification, once you have chosen you will be unable to amend your choice
To qualify for either double or triple bonus miles you must take a qualifying flight on a bmi operated flight between 1 February to 29 February 2012 in either the stated eligible Business Classes which are: J, C, D, Z, P, Y or stated eligible Economy Classes which are: B, M, U, H, O, G, Q, V, W, S, T, N, E, L, K. Codeshare flights, flights booked without a BD code, award flights, bmibaby flights and flights operated between London Heathrow and Milan are all excluded from this promotion and bonus miles will not be awarded on these flights. Your account will be credited with a bonus of either destinations or status miles dependant on the class of travel that you fly in as detailed above
All miles earned from this promotion will be credited to your Diamond Club account 40 days after your flight as one credit and are non transferable
Your Diamond Club membership number must be quoted at the time of booking your flight. Bonus miles are calculated and credited based on the actual ticket class booked
Any retrospective claims submitted /credited to your Diamond Club account for flights taken during the qualifying period will not change the level of miles earned under this promotion. Any retrospective claims for mileage credit must be accompanied by your ticket/ticket receipt/counterfoil as well as your original boarding pass and be made in writing within 6 months of the flown date
bmi will automatically delete any duplicate activities or miles
The award of and redemption of such destinations miles shall be governed in accordance with the Diamond Club terms and conditions
bmi Diamond Club reserves the right to change or alter this promotion at any time.
Someone might want to tell them that they don't fly to Milan anymore...

And on a quick personal note any opinions on what offer I should opt in for? I've re-qualified for another year of silver which commences early in February. Should I act as if everything is normal and go for the status miles bonus or concentrate on getting a few extra dest. miles to burn later?

And finally it's worth noting that bmi's Nice in Business for £159 return offer is on until the end of the month and would net 9,600 miles. If you add on a connecting flight (about £189 in total) you would net 14,400 (16,800? the site says the domestic leg books in to P) miles in total.

Last edited by sigma421; Jan 28, 2012 at 4:19 am
Old Jan 28, 2012, 4:35 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Just got this as well, tempting tempting I don't think I'm going to bother with status miles though (my year resets in a few weeks)!

Edit: Ok, just trying from the regions (Belfast or Edinburgh) I've realised the pain for people there... either the connecting flight (even with an overnight) is overpriced, pushing the fare into the ridiculous (£600 each way rather than £70). Anyone got any good mileage run ideas for either next weekend or the one after (4th or 11th Feb), I can start from either London, Manchester or Edinburgh? Would prefer an overnight at the destination and some time to sightsee. I don't mind overnighting in London.

Last edited by littlevoices; Jan 28, 2012 at 4:50 am
Old Jan 28, 2012, 5:40 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
For me it's not so clear-cut.
I'm looking for a final 1292 status miles (possibly 692 if my retro-claim is allowed), so if there is a decent fare that'll get them outright I'll be going for destination miles...else it'll have to be status miles.

I guess I'm after a weekend trip to somewhere I've not flown to before, so BGO, ABZ, AGA, CMN or RAK....hmm

Last edited by jbfield; Jan 28, 2012 at 6:01 am
Old Jan 28, 2012, 5:41 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
A weekend departure may be difficult littlevoices, but prices mid-week still seem to be ok.

This is a terrible temptation. I'd very recently decided to just let my BD*G slip away, but suddenly this puts me on the spot. My status year expires on 7 Feb (!) and EDI-LHR-NCE-LHR-EDI would do me just fine. Looks like I'd need to spend at least two nights away to get the ~ £189 return fare.

Need to a) wait to see if I get the targeted email, and b) explain myself to Mrs Ontheroad for a short notice disappearance...

PS... Having never done a mileage run before, I should just check I've got this right: EDI-LHR-NCE / NCE-LHR-EDI is pricing up on a handful of dates as £189.18 in P, which would normally earn 5600 miles. So with triple miles promotion, would the total earned be 16,800?

PPS... Am I mis-reading the email quoted by sigma421? It reads (with my emphasis):

Simply take a bmi operated flight between 1 February and 29 February 2012 and you'll receive double destinations miles if you travel in Economy or triple destinations miles if you travel in Business Class.
...but then gives you a choice of destinations miles or status miles. Presumably this is just the usual BD marketing typo, and in the promotion will indeed allow you to choose between bonus destinations or status miles?

Thanks

Last edited by jamesbrownontheroad; Jan 28, 2012 at 5:49 am
Old Jan 28, 2012, 5:54 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
...but then gives you a choice of destinations miles or status miles. Presumably this is just the usual BD marketing typo, and in the promotion will indeed allow you to choose between bonus destinations or status miles?
There are two buttons in the email, either "bonus status" or "bonus destination miles"
Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
This is a terrible temptation. I'd very recently decided to just let my BD*G slip away, but suddenly this puts me on the spot. My status year expires on 7 Feb (!)
The only issue you may have is that the T&Cs state:

"All miles earned from this promotion will be credited to your Diamond Club account 40 days after your flight as one credit and are non transferable"

bmi have generally been happy to retroactively update status where miles have been credited late (via retroclaim or whatever), but I'm not sure that the same would necessarily apply to a separate status miles bonus, such as in this case. They may simply state "well, your year ended on the 7th, the T&Cs said it'd take 40 days, nothing we can do".

Otherwise, I believe you're correct in your interpretation - it is, at least, the way I've interpreted it.

I was intending to take the family away on a little ABZ-LHR-NCE trip at the end of February, but unfortunately due to other things arising that's no longer going ahead. A shame, an extra 22,400 destination miles (bonus + >55K status conversion) would have been nice, along with 5600 for the Mrs. That said, I still have a stash of miles I'm not likely to be able to burn in the next few months!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:05 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by orudge
The only issue you may have is that the T&Cs state:

"All miles earned from this promotion will be credited to your Diamond Club account 40 days after your flight as one credit and are non transferable"
The last two promotions stated that too, but in reality they appeared as the flights appeared.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:05 am

Thanks both for the clarification.

Oh, and if anyone else happens to find themselves in the following situation...

That said, I still have a stash of miles I'm not likely to be able to burn in the next few months!
...I'm always happy to help + +
Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
PS... Having never done a mileage run before, I should just check I've got this right: EDI-LHR-NCE / NCE-LHR-EDI is pricing up on a handful of dates as £189.18 in P, which would normally earn 5600 miles. So with triple miles promotion, would the total earned be 16,800?
My reading of this is that it's the same as the one they ran back in August, so the bonus is 3x miles so 22400 overall. Are others reading this differently?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
Originally Posted by jbfield
The last two promotions stated that too, but in reality they appeared as the flights appeared.
Hmm, the last promotion I got miles for was the summer 2011 promotion, and they arrived in a single chunk a while later. There were a couple of earlier promotions too where the same happened. Never had promo miles crediting at the same time, personally.

Originally Posted by CheeseToastie
My reading of this is that it's the same as the one they ran back in August, so the bonus is 3x miles so 22400 overall. Are others reading this differently?
The text of the e-mail I received in summer 2011 stated:

"Fly with bmi between 11 July and 31 August 2011 and you could receive triple bonus miles. Whether you're planning a business trip or a short leisure break you'll benefit with this great Summer bonus miles offer, so you'll be miles better off with bmi.

Each bmi flight you take will be rewarded with your usual mileage, plus an additional bonus of double miles when you fly in Economy Class and triple miles when you fly in Business Class."

versus:

"Fly with us during February and you could earn up to triple bonus miles.

Simply take a bmi operated flight between 1 February and 29 February 2012 and you'll receive double destinations miles if you travel in Economy or triple destinations miles if you travel in Business Class."

Both state that you could receive "triple bonus miles" in the first paragraph, but last year's promo does state you'll get "your usual mileage, plus an additional bonus", which is not the case this month.

Maybe Joanna could clarify this for us?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by orudge
Both state that you could receive "triple bonus miles" in the first paragraph, but last year's promo does state you'll get "your usual mileage, plus an additional bonus", which is not the case this month.
The only promo I can directly compare this with is December's. The wording is identical. From the emails:

Simply take a bmi operated flight between 1 December and 31 December 2011 and you'll receive double destinations miles if you travel in Economy or triple destinations miles if you travel in Business Class.
and

I took precisely one BD flight in December, LHR-AMM in Y for 4,582 miles, the bonus for which posted as 9,164. Therefore I would interpret the February promotion as (for economy class):

(miles flown) x 2

not

(miles flown) + (miles flown x 2 )
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:06 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite

This is a terrible temptation. I'd very recently decided to just let my BD*G slip away, but suddenly this puts me on the spot. My status year expires on 7 Feb (!) and EDI-LHR-NCE-LHR-EDI would do me just fine. Looks like I'd need to spend at least two nights away to get the ~ £189 return fare.
James, i have some free time and going to do the same route - fancy going together on the same days, make it more interesting? PM me.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by rxfleming
James, i have some free time and going to do the same route - fancy going together on the same days, make it more interesting? PM me.
Check your inbox, rxfleming. Travel plans tbc.

Last minute FT/DC drinks in Nice on Saturday 4 or Sunday 5 Feb, anyone?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: BA, QR status varies from rags to riches - now gold, IHG Diamond Elite
From this promotion, is it fair to assume that DC will be around for longer than I think (3 months..)? It's very much a "business as usual" promotion.

Mrs Grantosol is expecting a baby in early June, and I'm hoping to make a redemption as soon as the child is born, when we have a name and date of birth. Any guesses on whether this is likely to be a runner. I have 45K miles left and want to treat her to a week in the sun ex DUB.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Eurobonus Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Grantosol
From this promotion, is it fair to assume that DC will be around for longer than I think (3 months..)? It's very much a "business as usual" promotion.

Mrs Grantosol is expecting a baby in early June, and I'm hoping to make a redemption as soon as the child is born, when we have a name and date of birth. Any guesses on whether this is likely to be a runner. I have 45K miles left and want to treat her to a week in the sun ex DUB.
Hope I'm wrong but I think this could be wishful thinking. They have to keep running schedule campaigns and promotions. This would probably be parts of the terms and conditions of a sale. IAG would want BD to maintain their profile right until the sale is complete.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.