Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double/Triple/Quad Dest/Status Miles when you fly BD in Feb/Mar 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double/Triple/Quad Dest/Status Miles when you fly BD in Feb/Mar 2012

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:33 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
This is not the same fare basis, it is no longer Business For Economy and they have now added a Sunday night requirement.

Why have thye changed this for? Surely its a mistake right?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems a bit odd considering they sent it out again and with an offer from the regions to 750k subscribers.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 1:13 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
The original offer was on Business for economy fare and offer stated that it expired on Feb 20th with no Sunday night requirement whatosever for this offer or for Morocco in Biz,

I was going to book on Jan 31st but someone on this topic posted that offer stated that it expired on Feb 20th so I waited till 2nd Feb.

Offer expired on Feb 1st to book online.

Offer came back but on but under wrong fare basis on Feb 3rd under Business Saver fare.

This offer then came off on Feb 4th when you went to book this online.

The offer as of 6th January is bookable under Business Saver fare with a Sunday night needed as part of the stay which is incorect.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
I signed up for bonus destination miles in this promo, and have now just got an offer giving me quadruple destination miles and double status miles on certain routes:

Thank you for opting in to fly with bmi during February. We've noted that you've opted to receive bonus destinations miles when travelling on a bmi operated flight.

Remember, simply take a bmi operated flight between 1 February and 29 February 2012 and you'll receive double destinations miles if you travel in Economy or triple destinations miles if you travel in Economy Flexible or Business Class.

Plus, as an enhanced bonus we're also offering you the opportunity to earn QUADRUPLE destinations miles* and double status miles when you fly any of the routes listed below in Economy Flexible between 1 February and 29 February 2012:

Aberdeen
Belfast
Edinburgh

We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon.

Love and kisses,

Keeley

* Quadruple destinations miles will be awarded on a bmi operated flight flown in Economy Flexible between London Heathrow and Edinburgh, Belfast or Aberdeen, between 1 February and 29 February 2012 instead of the original offer of triple destinations miles. You will not receive both triple and quadruple destinations miles. Please see full terms and conditions.
So I guess if I did fly something like ABZ-LHR-NCE, that'd be quadruple destination miles for ABZ-LHR and then triple for LHR-NCE. Plus as an over 55Ker, I guess the double status mile bonus would also be converted to destination miles. So in theory a total of 28,180 miles from an ABZ-LHR-NCE roundtrip!

It's shame I really don't have any opportunities in the near future to use more miles.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Quadruple miles on Flex Econ tickets from Scotland

Just received this email from Keeley:
Thank you for opting in to fly with bmi during February. We've noted that you've opted to receive bonus destinations miles when travelling on a bmi operated flight.

Remember, simply take a bmi operated flight between 1 February and 29 February 2012 and you'll receive double destinations miles if you travel in Economy or triple destinations miles if you travel in Economy Flexible or Business Class.

Plus, as an enhanced bonus we're also offering you the opportunity to earn QUADRUPLE destinations miles* and double status miles when you fly any of the routes listed below in Economy Flexible between 1 February and 29 February 2012:

- Aberdeen
- Belfast
- Edinburgh

* Quadruple destinations miles will be awarded on a bmi operated flight flown in Economy Flexible between London Heathrow and Edinburgh, Belfast or Aberdeen, between 1 February and 29 February 2012 instead of the original offer of triple destinations miles. You will not receive both triple and quadruple destinations miles.
T&Cs link - http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loya...px?cmp=em21237

Last edited by EDIflyer; Feb 8, 2012 at 10:12 am Reason: Add link to T&Cs
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:07 am

Hehe, snap Owen - just posted a thread with this too!
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by orudge

So I guess if I did fly something like ABZ-LHR-NCE, that'd be quadruple destination miles for ABZ-LHR and then triple for LHR-NCE. Plus as an over 55Ker, I guess the double status mile bonus would also be converted to destination miles. So in theory a total of 28,180 miles from an ABZ-LHR-NCE roundtrip!
Someone hasn't read the Terms and Conditions (for what they're worth at face value).....
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:12 am

Threads merged

Last edited by FlyingOnceMore; Feb 8, 2012 at 1:13 pm
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
Hmm, well, the T&Cs do state that the extra bonus is, it seems, only applicable to 'J' and 'Y', so I guess it wouldn't apply to the cheap 'Z' or 'P' fares in the recent promo. But as far as I can tell, what I've said is otherwise correct:

"you will now benefit from quadruple destinations miles plus an additional bonus of double status miles. You will not receive triple destinations miles from travelling on Aberdeen, Edinburgh or Belfast in classes J or Y on top of the quadruple destinations miles"

I'm making an assumption about the status mile bonus being converted for over 55Ks, the T&Cs don't seem to mention that either way.

Or is there something else I'm missing?

EDIT: Hmm, in fact, doing some further calculations, I would seem to get more miles, again assuming the status mile conversion:
Code:
ABZ - LHR: 1200 * 4 = 4,800 destination miles + 210 gold bonus, 1200 * 2 = 2,400 status miles = 7,410 miles once converted
LHR - NCE: 1600 * 3 = 4,800 destination miles + 280 gold bonus, 1600 * 2 = 3,200 status miles = 8,280 miles once converted

Total = 15,690 miles
Roundtrip = 31,380 miles
Either way, it's all academic, as I don't have any J or Y class flights booked.

Last edited by orudge; Feb 8, 2012 at 10:21 am
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:28 am

No I was implying, as you've discovered, that unless anyone is booked on full fare (not Economy Extra or Business Saver), whatever the itinerary, this additional offer is irrelevant; certainly for any of the cheap Business Class deals to NCE or Morocco.

Someone else can comment on how over 55k is dealt with. While I've been over 55k in the past, I don't think it's ever coincided with one of these double/triple/quadruple promotions.

Last edited by FlyingOnceMore; Feb 8, 2012 at 1:12 pm
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:35 am

Fair enough, happy for this thread to be deleted - posted it before I saw the post on the other one and just thought it might be of use to people not following that one, but no strong view either way. Perhaps the thread title on the other one could be updated?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just getting this now, being sent to a few "dormant" accounts too. They're really trying hard to get some bums on seats. No wonder, if you book BD you wonder if you WILL end up flying BD these days.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:19 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Probably better to keep all this in the one thread given you're not eligible for this without having signed up for the other....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...ry-2012-a.html
Not sure this is true. I didn't bother to sign-up for the double/triple miles promo because I'm not on a BD flight until March, with no prospect of that changing. However, I still got the quadruple offer with the same destinations - just different wording and no requirement to opt-in.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I didn't bother to sign-up for the double/triple miles promo because I'm not on a BD flight until March, with no prospect of that changing. However, I still got the quadruple offer with the same destinations - just different wording and no requirement to opt-in.
Can you copy/paste and post your version then?

I too have got an email for an account that didn't sign up to the original February double/triple offer, but it reads exactly the same as those that did, i.e with the 'Thank you for opting in' wording.

I'm just assuming it to be the *usual IT screw up.

* which in this case it is.....

Last edited by FlyingOnceMore; Feb 8, 2012 at 1:16 pm
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:58 pm

Found via Google. Is this the other version for non opt-in's to which you refer?

Quadruple miles on Edinburgh, Belfast & Aberdeen

Terms and Conditions
  1. This offer is only available to the named recipient of this email and is non transferable
  2. To qualify for quadruple bonus destinations miles you must take a qualifying flight on a bmi operated flight between London Heathrow and Aberdeen, Edinburgh or Belfast in classes J or Y between 7 February and 31 March 2012
  3. Codeshare flights, flights booked without a BD code, award flights, bmibaby flights are all excluded from this promotion and bonus miles will not be awarded on these flights
  4. Bonus destinations miles for this promotion will be credited to your account by 9 March 2012 for any flights flown as detailed above in February 2012 as one credit
  5. Bonus destinations miles for this promotion will be credited to your account by 6 April 2012 for any flights flown as detailed above in March 2012 as one credit
  6. Your Diamond Club membership number must be quoted at the time of booking your flight. Bonus miles are calculated and credited based on the actual ticket class booked
  7. Any retrospective claims submitted /credited to your Diamond Club account for flights taken during the qualifying period will not change the level of miles earned under this promotion. Any retrospective claims for mileage credit must be accompanied by your ticket/ticket receipt/counterfoil as well as your original boarding pass and be made in writing within 6 months of the flown date
  8. bmi will automatically delete any duplicate activities or miles
  9. The award of and redemption of such destinations miles shall be governed in accordance with the Diamond Club terms and conditions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.