Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double/Triple/Quad Dest/Status Miles when you fly BD in Feb/Mar 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double/Triple/Quad Dest/Status Miles when you fly BD in Feb/Mar 2012

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2012, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
No bonuses posted

I had LHR-AMM-LHR retrocredited to my account - flights were late Feb. The normal C miles posted, but not the promo 3x miles. Where should I complain? ICC?? Hope not ...
Old Apr 20, 2012, 1:05 pm

As I check my balance to see what I have to either spend by the end of May (or transfer to Avios) I have noticed that the triple bonus miles for March have not posted.
I travel weekly in Y between EDI and LHR and my Feb ones went on in stages through the month but I have not had any for March. The actual flights and *G bonuses etc all posted but not the bonus.
I have the email from mid-March

Dear caz312
Thank you for opting in to earn even more miles this month.
Wed like to remind you that if you fly with bmi before 31 March 2012, you'll receive a bonus of up to 4,000 destinations miles per flight taken. etc

The ts&cs link no longer has the terms for that promo but looking at a previous post they should have gone on in one lump on the 6th April...

Is anyone else missing theirs?...is it an email to diamond club to resolve? (I know they will be mega busy!)
Old Apr 20, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
I got my 2x 3,000 mile bonuses as expected - they posted on the 15th March as "Bonus: Bonus Destinations Miles:3000.0:PRBNS credited as an incentive for Campaign March Activation 2-1 at bmi"
Old Apr 20, 2012, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Finally I got my extra miles after contacting them about it by em-mail. It took a week or so.

It came out at a total of 3x the normal mileage + 1x elite bonus.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 4:47 am

Programs: EC*G BD*G, Hilton, Eurobonus
Got 2 out of 3, still waiting for the last 3000 miles. Second attempt at getting those posted.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: BA OW Silver, Aegean *A Gold, Intercon Ambassador Gold, EY Gold
Quadruple miles offer - not posted

I have now written to them with print outs of my flights and the terms and conditions...lets see what happens.
Old May 4, 2012, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by bariummeal
I have now written to them with print outs of my flights and the terms and conditions...lets see what happens.
any word?
I mailed diamond dot club 20th April and still no sign of 20k+ miles due
Old May 10, 2012, 6:44 am

Programs: BA OW Silver, Aegean *A Gold, Intercon Ambassador Gold, EY Gold
Originally Posted by bariummeal
So,

01-May-2012 Manual Account Update Activity Bonus: Bonus Destinations Miles : 3600.0 : CREDIT : Promotional Bonus for Promotional 3600 0

27-Apr-2012 Manual Account Update Activity Destinations Miles : 4500.0 : CREDIT for Miscellaneous 4500

I did a round trip LHR - EDI RTN in Y - seems one leg got triple and other got almost quadruple from the letter. That will do!
Old May 23, 2012, 11:56 pm

well, over a month since emailing diamond.club then followed up with snail mail and still no sign of the 20k plus bonus miles due from this offer. (! had 6 x Y class between Edinburgh and Heathrow)

Rather frustrating as I was looking at having the option of possibly booking something for next year before the cutoff but am off on a redemption from Saturday so very little time left

Anyone any ideas on other approach to try?
Old May 24, 2012, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by caz312
well, over a month since emailing diamond.club then followed up with snail mail and still no sign of the 20k plus bonus miles due from this offer. (! had 6 x Y class between Edinburgh and Heathrow)

Rather frustrating as I was looking at having the option of possibly booking something for next year before the cutoff but am off on a redemption from Saturday so very little time left

Anyone any ideas on other approach to try?
I hope that's just you, who's cut off from making a redemption?? Unless you know something we don't? The 31st is a week today.
Old May 24, 2012, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by dannyrado
I hope that's just you, who's cut off from making a redemption?? Unless you know something we don't? The 31st is a week today.
I need the additional miles to make a redemption on *A. We won't be able to redeem on *A after 31st May....worst case, if I get them after this date they will become Avios in July
Old May 24, 2012, 3:46 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
I emailed Joanna over the Bank Holiday but she was away (auto out of office reply). I then emailed her again and cc diamond.club on the 15th May. Still no miles. On the 21st May I forwarded my emails again to Joanna and diamond.club. I got my bonus miles yesterday, some 2 weeks after my initial email. You should resend your emails to diamond.club again and then follow up after a few days. Time is of the essence.
Old May 24, 2012, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Strawb
I emailed Joanna over the Bank Holiday but she was away (auto out of office reply). I then emailed her again and cc diamond.club on the 15th May. Still no miles. On the 21st May I forwarded my emails again to Joanna and diamond.club. I got my bonus miles yesterday, some 2 weeks after my initial email. You should resend your emails to diamond.club again and then follow up after a few days. Time is of the essence.
You could also try the social media team - open (at) flybmi.com.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
You could also try the social media team - open (at) flybmi.com.
Well I went through Social Media team and actually got a mail back that they had forwarded on to Diamond Club....that was 3 weeks ago and still nothing!
So over a 2 month period, I have sent both emails and post direct to Diamond Club and email from Open to Diamond Club and just getting nowhere. According to the Ts&Cs these miles would have been added in one lump 10 weeks ago.
My Feb promo miles added fine. Had mail from Keeley to confirm had registered for the March one too

Thank you for opting in to earn even more miles this month.
Wed like to remind you that if you fly with bmi before 31 March 2012, you'll receive a bonus of up to 4,000 destinations miles per flight taken.

6 qualifying Y class flights....only regular, *G and 55k+ miles added

any ideas on where to try next?
Old Jun 14, 2012, 4:30 am

Hmm that's frustrating - I've always found the Social Media team pretty good at chasing things up - I'd reply back to them and say you've heard nothing from DC, can they intervene?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.