Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful redemptions using Diamond Club miles (2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful redemptions using Diamond Club miles (2011)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by baggageinhall
... ludicrous YQ ...
On LH, yes. I chose LX in C today [Miles+cash+taxes] in preference for LH in Y [miles only + taxes], since the YQ difference paid for most of the cash portion for the C.

In numbers, LH was going to be 8250 miles, plus 98 in taxes, plus some credit card fees, for Y. LX in C was 6375 miles, plus 102 approx in cash and taxes plus credit card fees... Simples
Old Mar 17, 2011, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by aidanc
On LH, yes. I chose LX in C today [Miles+cash+taxes] in preference for LH in Y [miles only + taxes], since the YQ difference paid for most of the cash portion for the C.

In numbers, LH was going to be 8250 miles, plus 98 in taxes, plus some credit card fees, for Y. LX in C was 6375 miles, plus 102 approx in cash and taxes plus credit card fees... Simples
Are we talking about the same thing? I was referring to the ludicrous YQ (and tax for that matter) on a transatlantic redemption.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
LHR-LAX-LHR NZ C for May. 37,500 miles + 472 cash/taxes

On the new 777-300 supposedly with the improved seating, although I will miss the 744.

Last edited by irmster; Mar 18, 2011 at 7:55 am
Old Mar 18, 2011, 7:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by irmster

On the new 777-300 supposedly with the improved seating, although I will miss the 744.
Do we have any posters left who are NOT on the NZ C 777-300 in the next couple of months ?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Do we have any posters left who are NOT on the NZ C 777-300 in the next couple of months ?
I think I am the only one who can't nab a seat for the LAX-LHR part.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Er, yeah, that'll be me then

Although I have nabbed a decent redemption:

CDG-BKK-DPS - TG F x2
DPS-BKK-FRA-LHR - TG F (with FRA-LHR in LH C) x2

Twas a cash + miles booking

Haven't got all the calculations on me - and I'm awaiting a refund from BD as my original booking was LHR-FRA-BKK-DPS - so I can't tell you what the final bill is as yet....
Old Mar 18, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA, QR status varies from rags to riches - now gold, IHG Diamond Elite
That's a negative Mr. Distinguished Mod

Honeymoon flights booked for beginning of June.. Particularly looking forward to the comparative wine tasting in the galley
Old Mar 18, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS Gold
Originally Posted by irmster

Although I am very keen to try the 777-300, I agree with you on the 744. Nothing like sitting in the nose with Air NZ!!

Originally Posted by lallyr
Don't give up hope lallyr! Since January I had been looking for availability on LAX-LHR for May and suddenly this week, out of the blue, it opened up on the date I wanted.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by lallyr
agree keep checking - I nabbed 2 Js for mid-June this week...they were not there before
Old Mar 18, 2011, 3:43 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
I've not managed to get LAX-LHR just yet so am also checking regularly - right now there's 1xJ on the date I need, 2xJ on the day before. I'm reasonably hopeful an extra seat will come up (though what I really want is BA, SFO-LHR )
Old Mar 18, 2011, 3:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by dsf
I've not managed to get LAX-LHR just yet so am also checking regularly - right now there's 1xJ on the date I need, 2xJ on the day before. I'm reasonably hopeful an extra seat will come up (though what I really want is BA, SFO-LHR )
I think it will. Last year at the end of March a whole whack of NZ availability opened up for Spring/Summer and I got exactly the dates I wanted.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 2:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Funny enough, a pair of LAX-LHR NZ2 seats just opened up today.

SEA-(US)PHX-(US) in Y, LAX-(NZ)LHR in J

18750 miles + 105 GBP + 13 GBP taxes (!!)

I didn't hear the agent state the taxes the first time. Then when she repeated them, I said "oh". After I said this, her first instinct was that it was a mistake, stating that she was going to just re-check the taxes. I stated her they were probably right and she took my credit information.

I guess they have a lot of people question their tax calculations.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 3:20 am

Programs: BA, BMI, NZ, SQ
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
Booking for August

DUB - LHR BD J
LHR - NRT NH J
NRT - AKL NZ J
AKL - ROT NZ Y (Stopover)
ROT - CHC NZ Y

75000 miles + 158 tax + 4.50 BMI credit card charge

Pleased with the booking. Get to try the new NH Business class and Business Premier which is great anyway :-)
Just booked the return flight to the above

AKL - PVG NZ J
1 day stopover
PVG - ZRH LX J

75000 miles + 62 tax + 4.50 BMI credit card charge

I will probably finish this holiday in style with a flight from ZRH to LTN with Easyjet which gets me to within 15 mins of home. Much better than having to get back from LHR. If a direct flight comes up between now and then I'll nab it as I'm not to bothered about the stopover.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Tomboi
Although I am very keen to try the 777-300, I agree with you on the 744. Nothing like sitting in the nose with Air NZ!!

Don't give up hope lallyr! Since January I had been looking for availability on LAX-LHR for May and suddenly this week, out of the blue, it opened up on the date I wanted.
Were yours a weekday flight? I am looking for a Sunday flight hence why it's looking harder by the day.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 5:06 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Forgot about this one - friend already travelled:

one way BEG-IST-ICN in Y

12.5k miles + cash portion + taxes [were more or less in line with ITA]

He needed to get back to ICN and was insisting on not spending any more of my miles than necessary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.