Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful redemptions using Diamond Club miles (2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful redemptions using Diamond Club miles (2011)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:07 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Got my plan B flights for next year's skiing booked this afternoon.

C+M BHX-FRA-SFO LH C x4 Jan 2012 18,750 miles pp + £105 cash +£4.50pp cc fee + and exorbitant £293.20pp in taxes

£120 of that is APD! Another £120 is YQ and the rest is miscellaneous. There was only 40p variance with ITA so nothing unsurprising there

Mind you I am hoping that the currently scheduled 744 will change and we will score the 380
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: Bombay Sapphire; Sephora Plat
Easter holidays:

BCN - FRA (LH J) FRA - DEL (LH F) DEL - PEK (CA J)
PEK - XIY (CA Y)
XIY - PVG (CA Y)
PVG - FRA - BCN (LH J)

110k + (aprox) 410 GBP in taxes.

My first redemption ever! So it kinda surprised me that they didn't allow me to do C+P because of the LH F segment 10k surcharge.Also they didn't charge me the 9k for the zone1-2 connection flights...
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by dragonfirebcn
Easter holidays:

PEK - XIY (CA Y)
XIY - PVG (CA Y)
PVG - FRA - BCN (LH J)

My first redemption ever! So it kinda surprised me that they didn't allow me to do C+P because of the LH F segment 10k surcharge.Also they didn't charge me the 9k for the zone1-2 connection flights...
If you had booked as 2 one ways you could have had cash and miles for the return journey.
It has been priced as Zone 2 to 8 correctly - no connecting flights surcharge apply for this routing

nice booking for first redemption
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by dragonfirebcn
Easter holidays:

PEK - XIY (CA Y)
XIY - PVG (CA Y)
PVG - FRA - BCN (LH J)

Connection charge only if flying fully within zone 1 and 2.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by RedChili
This is partly a "successful redemption" and partly a total failure.
The redemption booking I wrote about a few days ago is now successfully ticketed.

ARN-ZRH SK 736 C
ZRH-TLV LX 332 C

11,250 miles
£75 cash
£40.20 YQ
£31.30 XT
Total cash: £146.50

I tried to pay this with my credit card, but after they had tried to charge the card three times, and successfully blocked the amount on my card all three times, they couldn't "verify" the transaction. They called me two days after I made the reservation to double check the details. Instead, I gave them a debit card number, which worked like a charm. I also saved the credit card fee. But even after the payment went through, they waited three days with ticketing the reservation. So, the reservation was on hold for five days, without LX cancelling the reservation. It was finally ticketed after I called the ICC. And now I've got more than £450 blocked on my credit card.

Successful redemption no. 2:

TLV-FRA LH 744 C
FRA-ARN LH 321 C

11,250 miles
£75 cash
£42.40 YQ
£43.10XT
Total cash: £160.50

Paid with a debit card and ticketed automatically the same day I made the booking.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
I had a call back 45 mins after my booking this afternoon to say that there was a problem with the cc authorisation dropping off.

I logged onto MBNA whilst he was on the phone and it looked like the authorisation never happened the first time around, he processed it again and it stuck that time.

Anyway, all ticketed already.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:57 am

Programs: BA GOLD, EY, OZ
Booked 4/3 for travel in September:

IGU-GIG-YYZ
JJ-AC, 2xC
Per Pax; Tax: £24.50 Miles: 30,000
Old Mar 14, 2011, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by travelkid
Put on hold at T-6 within 5 min:
2 pax
HNL-JFK UA C (tech stop in LAX) Will this C experience be terrible??
stopover
EWR-ZRH LX C (all business jet)
ZRH-OSL LX C

2nd call to ticket, pls call back in 1 hour, our IT is not working so I cant see your miles.

3rd call 5 min to ticket.
Ticketed overnight, now at T-5. 4th call today gave me UA and LX conf numbers.
cmt.com shows all confirmed, but where do I find the e-ticket number?

Each 30k miles + about 202£ cash + CC fee + tax about 149£ (was first quoted above 200).
Just a reminder to you all. Ive read some horror threads lately on other sub-forums about tickets not issued etc.

If you check on checkmytrip.com and see it confirmed, even if you the call the airline and request seats- that does NOT mean its ticketed. You need to see the e-ticket number. Everything else is just technically a hold.
After several calls, they finally needed passport data with expiry etc. I have no clue why multiple agents promised ticketing without this, and no one called back to request this. Buyer, be aware!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:35 am
Formerly ItalyBAGold

Originally Posted by ItalyBAGold
Booked two one-ways to PSP, mid-May.

Outbound: LHR-LAX NZ(J) on the new 773 (!) then LAX-PSP on UA.

Return: There's seem to be a chronic lack of awards returning from LAX, especially on NZ - couldn't not find any for weeks.. So I booked PSP-PHX (Y)-ORD(F) on US, then ORD-LHR UA (F)...I'll keep checking if something comes up returning from PSP....
Kept checking daily, and lo and behold a NZ flight was available LAX-LHR in J!

New return is now PSP-LAX (UA-Y)-LHR (NZ-J). Perfect! Taxes/Charges/etc were £13. Great deal! ^
Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat

New return is now PSP-LAX (UA-Y)-LHR (NZ-J). Perfect! Taxes/Charges/etc were £13. Great deal! ^
How many days out was this? I have been looking every day since T-90 days.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:05 am

Thank you so much for posting this - had been checking regularly for 2 J seats to no avail - had booked SFO-YYZ-LHR-EDI (huge taxes) and just managed to book SFO-LAX-LHR-EDI for our return instead (31st May) £23 taxes
yippee
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:59 am
Formerly ItalyBAGold

Originally Posted by lallyr
How many days out was this? I have been looking every day since T-90 days.
I'm returning the third week of May. I noticed *some* availability LHR-LAX, but the return has been very sparse lately....So I was really surprised to see a seat up for grabs!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:00 am
Formerly ItalyBAGold

Originally Posted by caz312
Thank you so much for posting this - had been checking regularly for 2 J seats to no avail - had booked SFO-YYZ-LHR-EDI (huge taxes) and just managed to book SFO-LAX-LHR-EDI for our return instead (31st May) £23 taxes
yippee
Well done! I'd choose NZ over any other carriers out of LAX...^
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:56 am

Booked the following:

MEL-AKL-RAR (stopover)-AKL-LAX in NZ Business, 30k miles + £202.50 + £61 taxes

Took nearly 3 days to calculate the taxes and they originally were going to charge approx £160 but I challenged them after checking the Matrix tool which showed taxes of £62.

Just goes to show how important it is to do your research before booking....

-Mikee-

PS. Looking forward to the 777-300 experience AKL-LAX!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: BMI, BA, BA Amex, Marriott
Well done! I'd choose NZ over any other carriers out of LAX...^
+1 one of the best J experiences we have had!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.