Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Elite with Another Hotel Program? We'll Match It!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite with Another Hotel Program? We'll Match It!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA, PC Plat
Originally Posted by nacho
I did, mr. nacho used A-club plat and he only got gold.

I used my MR Gold and I got Diamond.

A-club is super worthless.
Just used my A-Club Gold and got Diamond...maybe try again/ask for consideration?
Old Jan 14, 2011, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by IrishRed
Just used my A-Club Gold and got Diamond...maybe try again/ask for consideration?
I have sent another request with my Marriott Rewards Gold. I ought to get Diamond since Mrs Nacho got hers with her MR Gold.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 1:59 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
I have sent another request with my Marriott Rewards Gold. I ought to get Diamond since Mrs Nacho got hers with her MR Gold.
Are you suggesting they did match you even though that it is according to T&C limited to
is open to new and existing Best Western Rewards® members that reside in the United States, Canada or the Caribbean Islands?
Full text is here and from your profiel I am guessing that you are in Denmark.

I tried sending them my GoldpointPlus Gold last Sunday and did not get even response yet...
Old Jan 15, 2011, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vbroucek
Are you suggesting they did match you even though that it is according to T&C limited to

Full text is here and from your profiel I am guessing that you are in Denmark.

I tried sending them my GoldpointPlus Gold last Sunday and did not get even response yet...
Of course I aware about their T&C That's why I use my friend's US address
Old Jan 15, 2011, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I did, mr. nacho used A-club plat and he only got gold.

I used my MR Gold and I got Diamond.

A-club is super worthless.
MR Gold got you Diamond I told them I have HH Gold and MR Gold and only attached the HH Gold ... got Plat ... need to send another Email with MR Gold to see if they make me Diamond as well.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: HHonors Silver, UA (no status, but lots of miles!)
I sent my request in today to match to Hyatt Diamond. I am prepared to be underwhelmed.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sent my MR gold to match, but still remains gold
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Do they still ask for the card even if you send a screenshot of the statement? I cant find my PC card, since we don't actually need it at all.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsed
Do they still ask for the card even if you send a screenshot of the statement? I cant find my PC card, since we don't actually need it at all.
I didn't send in my card, just a screenshot for your elite membership. Mine's still gold
Old Jan 25, 2011, 11:56 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
I didn't send in my card, just a screenshot for your elite membership. Mine's still gold

Thanks nacho, hopefully they don't give me gold for a PC plat account!

Maybe persistence will help if you encounter a nice representative?
All the best!
Old Jan 26, 2011, 6:17 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I sent in screenshots of emails from Hyatt Gold Passport showing my Diamond renewal for 2011 and Priority Club Platinum renewal email for 2011.

Emailed on Friday Jan 21 and status updated to Best Western Diamond on Monday Jan 24.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 4:34 pm

Instant Upgrade over the Phone!

I just called customer service and told them I wanted a status match. The nice lady asked me what program I was matching from. I told her "Hyatt Diamond." She matched me to Diamond instantly. No proof needed. The change was reflect online within minutes.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by lsed
Thanks nacho, hopefully they don't give me gold for a PC plat account!

Maybe persistence will help if you encounter a nice representative?
All the best!
In all honesty with BW the only difference with diamond is more points, and if you chose miles over points, there is NO difference at all.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
In all honesty with BW the only difference with diamond is more points, and if you chose miles over points, there is NO difference at all.
The only difference with diamond relative to what?

Relative to platinum, probably yes. But the previous poster was talking about gold.

But I though there was a further distinction that occurs between platinum and gold, whereby there was some promo bonus last year that only applied to platinum and diamond, not gold? (There is no elite status promo bonus on the upcoming bonus that starts in Feb of this year, that I can tell, which is why I'm focusing on promos from last year.)

Furthermore, does anyone know if BW does soft landings? If so, then the further advantage of Diamond would be that it might take you more years of low activity to fall to your actual annual activity's elite level.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Priority Club Platinum, Radison Gold, Hyatt Diamond cards, I faxed to them and I got Diamond status as a result!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.