Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Elite with Another Hotel Program? We'll Match It!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite with Another Hotel Program? We'll Match It!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Well it looks like my 5 year run with Best Western status is over. In 2010 I matched Hilton Gold to BW Diamond which they let me keep through 2012. In 2012 they dropped me to Platinum which I kept through 2014 when they dropped me to Gold. Now, I have nothing. As I haven't stayed at a BW since 2012 and found next to no value out of any status level, it doesn't matter much, but it's still sad to see the streak end.
Old May 5, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hyatt, IHG cards
Emailed form with cards for IHG Platinum and Hyatt Platinum. New BW member. Matched to Diamond 7 minutes later.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: A3*G, Fairmont Pl, Accor Pl, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by CMK10
Well it looks like my 5 year run with Best Western status is over.
Not sure if this will be of use but . . .

I am new to Best Western and was going to do a status match and then I noticed that small business owners get Diamond status and keep it forever. So, instead I registered with the small business program and was upgraded to Diamond within a day - and I don't think I need to re-qualify.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:58 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Matched to Diamond from IHG Gold and Club Carlson Gold. Took less than an hour. Beautiful, as I'm staying with them for couple of weeks soon.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by Unsub
Matched to Diamond from IHG Gold and Club Carlson Gold. Took less than an hour. Beautiful, as I'm staying with them for couple of weeks soon.

Just please, lower your expectations. Read some previous posts of this thread. To be Diamond does not necessary mean upgrades (majority of BW hotels do not have higher level room). Extra points for your stay and free wifi are guaranteed in all places.

In big cities often Diamond members get free or discounted parking, in smaller places free breakfast - regardless of your status.

According my experience your loyalty to an individual BW hotel much more important, can earn you many perks.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 4:27 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by pirossalma
Just please, lower your expectations.
I didn't even state my expectations... The status surely cannot hurt either.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 1:07 pm

Matched Marriott Silver Elite to BW Gold Elite
Old Nov 20, 2016, 4:39 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Whats the difference between earning BW points and Miles? Where could the miles be used?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Originally Posted by mhdena
Whats the difference between earning BW points and Miles? Where could the miles be used?
It depends really. for example my preferred airline partner is southwest. It earns 600 southwest pnts per stay regardless of the rate or how many days are in your stay. You can trade 5000BW points for 1,200sw pnts. Which means you need to spend around $500 on your stay in order to earn the equivalent amount of points to exchange for 1,200 swpnts OR you can earn the same amount on two separate stays that can be 80 bucks each. Id say its better to stick with points if your stays are normally more than 1 night or have a high room rate. Choose points if you only stay 1 nighters at low cost hotels.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 1:51 pm

Yesterday got my HH Gold matched to BW Diamond in 9 minutes :-)

http://www.statusmatcher.com/report/55719
Old Dec 23, 2016, 6:06 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MileStalker
Yesterday got my HH Gold matched to BW Diamond in 9 minutes :-)

http://www.statusmatcher.com/report/55719
That fast? Great, I will email BW tomorrow and report back.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by eajusa
That fast? Great, I will email BW tomorrow and report back.
You forgot to report back
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by rubbernyc
You forgot to report back
I forgot. I emailed them this morning at 9:30 with the required documents. Will report when they respond.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 8:16 am

Upgraded to Diamond as of 10:12 am, so took a total of 42 minutes
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Explorist, DL Silver
Emailed BW yesterday with Marriott Gold card and was upgraded to Diamond 13 minutes later. Monthly stays at the same BW+ so looking forward to garnering that recognition with an individual hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.