FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Best Western | Best Western Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards-416/)
-   -   Elite with Another Hotel Program? We'll Match It! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards/1054230-elite-another-hotel-program-well-match.html)

Kohoutek Feb 20, 2010 2:11 pm

Elite with Another Hotel Program? We'll Match It!

Status Match… No CatchSM
Terms and Conditions
Status Match… No CatchSM offer (“Offer”) is open to new and existing Best Western Rewards® members that reside in the United States, Canada or the Caribbean Islands (“Member”) that wish to upgrade their current or new Best Western Rewards tier/status level to a level equal to, but not higher than, their current elite tier/status level in any other competing hotel chain’s loyalty program (“Competitor Loyalty Program”). Customers must call Best Western International Inc.’s customer care department (“Customer Care”) at 800-444-7646, or email [email protected], and provide proof of Competitor Loyalty Program elite tier/status, to complete the Offer. The Member will be responsible for providing proof of their current Competitor Loyalty Program elite tier/status statement via fax to 623-780-6988, or alternative method, if available.
The Customer Care team will determine the equivalent Best Western Rewards Elite tier/status level that matches the Competitors Loyalty Program elite status, based upon a review of number of night stays required to meet the comparable elite tier/status levels. Elite tier/status levels available through Best Western Rewards are Gold Elite (awarded after 10 qualified nights in one (1) calendar year), Platinum Elite (awarded after 15 qualified nights in one (1) calendar year) and Diamond Elite (awarded after 30 qualified nights in one (1) calendar year). A “qualified night” is defined as one night at an individual Best Western® hotel at a rate eligible for Best Western Rewards. A new Elite Best Western Rewards card will be shipped to the Members profile address within 4 to 6 weeks following the status change. Only Elite tier/status level will be matched, competitor point levels will not be matched. All Best Western Rewards program rules apply. See www.bestwesternrewards.com for additional program terms and to learn more about the various Best Western Rewards’ Elite levels. Other restrictions may apply. Offer not valid with any other Offer or discount. Offer subject to cancellation or change without notice. Each Best Western® hotel is independently owned and operated. Best Western and the Best Western marks are service marks or registered service marks of Best Western International, Inc. ©2010 Best Western International, Inc. All rights reserved.

3/9/10 edit: substituted new BW email address from T&C with [email protected]

CMK10 Feb 22, 2010 10:14 pm

Thank you for posting this. I emailed them a screen shot of my Hilton Gold status. I will report back if this is enough proof or if they will require me to fax them something.

Simmo Feb 23, 2010 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 13443960)
Thank you for posting this. I emailed them a screen shot of my Hilton Gold status. I will report back if this is enough proof or if they will require me to fax them something.

I got status matched with them last year and they just required the card and didn't want the statement.

Explore Feb 25, 2010 9:59 pm

I assume this is a once-in-a-lifetime offer, with requalification through nights stayed being required this year.....or not?

enjoy2travel Feb 26, 2010 6:59 pm

Best Westerns Status Match program

Hello All-

I just spoke to Best Westerns customer service and there was a new email address published for the matching program-

[email protected]

I sent in my forms for them to review, (statement for my Choice Privileges account or they asked for a copy of my elite card) the process takes only a couple of days and the new card for should arrive in 2-3 weeks.

Great program-Now I can start earning on an elite level from the very start!

jamesteroh Feb 28, 2010 8:02 pm

But they won't match the benefits. Gold and Diamond at Marriott and Hilton provide much better benefits than Gold or Platnium at BW.

andyandy Mar 1, 2010 8:23 am

Has anyone actually gotten the match yet? I sent an e-mail with a screenshot of my PC plat status shortly after this deal appeared and have heard nothing from BW. I'll do a follow up this week I suppose.

Andyandy

Richard1148 Mar 1, 2010 10:57 am

Originally Posted by andyandy (Post 13487053)
Has anyone actually gotten the match yet? I sent an e-mail with a screenshot of my PC plat status shortly after this deal appeared and have heard nothing from BW. I'll do a follow up this week I suppose.

Andyandy

Same here. Heard nothing yet.

Kohoutek Mar 1, 2010 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Richard1148 (Post 13488093)
Same here. Heard nothing yet.

Moi aussi. Thinking about doing a follow-up. Hate spending the time to do so. :(

pirossalma Mar 1, 2010 3:18 pm

Please, be aware, that even the diamond elite status with BW (earned by staying in BW hotels) does not mean anything more than the bonus points. No perks, upgrades.
Lower your expectations, to avoid disappointment.

Your treatment is much more based on your loyalty to a specific BW hotel, not to the chain.

jamesteroh Mar 2, 2010 11:07 am

And seeing BW won't let you "double dip" like Hilton, if you chose miles, you get no benefits at all.

According to BW's site you are suppose to get upgrades, but the only time I see that is at the one BW I am a regular at and the staff knows me the minute I walk in the door, and I get upgrades if they are available regardless of my status.

With Hilton you get upgrades based on your status, you can get both miles and points, and if you are gold free breakfast, and if Diamond free access to the lounge even if you aren't upgraded.

BW is typically cheaper to stay at though, so I guess you get what you pay for.

Originally Posted by pirossalma (Post 13490025)
Please, be aware, that even the diamond elite status with BW (earned by staying in BW hotels) does not mean anything more than the bonus points. No perks, upgrades.
Lower your expectations, to avoid disappointment.

Your treatment is much more based on your loyalty to a specific BW hotel, not to the chain.

Kohoutek Mar 2, 2010 11:12 am

The point of this thread is grab elite status with BW, for at least the bare minimum of garnering extra points on stays, if nothing else.

I agree that status* with BW generally doesn't amount to much, 'cept for the extra points.

*sliced and diced elsewhere in the BW forum

Sweet Willie Mar 2, 2010 5:56 pm

Thanks for posting Kohoutek^

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 13495572)
And seeing BW won't let you "double dip" like Hilton, if you chose miles, you get no benefits at all.

According to BW's site you are suppose to get upgrades, but the only time I see that is at the one BW I am a regular at and the staff knows me the minute I walk in the door, and I get upgrades if they are available regardless of my status.

With Hilton you get upgrades based on your status, you can get both miles and points, and if you are gold free breakfast, and if Diamond free access to the lounge even if you aren't upgraded.

and at Hilton they just devalued their points. Hilton hasn't had a really good promo in ages, not like the good ole' stay 4 times get 50K HHonors & the latest "stay 4 get one free" doesn't come close to Hyatt's stay twice get a free night at any Hyatt property). As Hyatt Diamond I get free breakfast, free internet. So if Hilton works for you great but compared to other programs it really isn't a good one. As a long time HHonors Diamond member, I left years ago and have never regretted it.

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
BW is typically cheaper to stay at though, so I guess you get what you pay for.

BINGO !!

Wyndham snagged me last year with stay 3 times get 10k airline miles, now I've actually stayed at Wyndham properties as the cost was just so low compared to the normal chains I stay at. That said I'm still mostly a Hyatt guy but do have two future Wyndham stays booked.

I would also state that BW in the U.S. will have properties where a Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton won't. So if your travels take you to places where these guys aren't, BW may be your program of choice. BW also seemed to have decent amount of properties in Europe.

Originally Posted by Kohoutek (Post 13495623)
The point of this thread is grab elite status with BW, for at least the bare minimum of garnering extra points on stays, if nothing else.

I agree that status* with BW generally doesn't amount to much, 'cept for the extra points.

Lots of points is usually a good thing, as an example, through IHG promos I was able to very quickly accumulate PriorityClub points (which doesn't mean squat if you can't get some decent award(s) out of all the points one acquires), thankfully the points came in handy on a number of awards for us.

so what is the "big bang" (if any) when using points with BW?

does the # of points required decrease per award night for one's stay as it does with Marriott?

does BW have decreased point stay awards like Priority Club's pointbreaks properties or HHonors pointstretchers?

pirossalma Mar 2, 2010 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie (Post 13498164)

I would also state that BW in the U.S. will have properties where a Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton won't. So if your travels take you to places where these guys aren't, BW may be your program of choice. BW also seemed to have decent amount of properties in Europe.

BW could be a good choice in (big) cities, if you do not want anything else but a clean room. For example we always stay in BW hotels in San Diego during big events (marathon, comics con, etc.), when the prices of "elite" hotels are sky-high.

The amount of points you need to get a room depends on the level of the hotel you plan to stay in, and not on the amount of nights you stayed previously. In small places you can get a room for 8000 points, while in Chicago you need 32000.

rove312 Mar 5, 2010 9:38 pm

Does being Hhonors Silver (usually qualified as lowly) do any good for this BW offer?