Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Elite with Another Hotel Program? We'll Match It!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite with Another Hotel Program? We'll Match It!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Kohoutek
Noticed today that my BW Diamond Elite account increased by 5,000 points for a 4/7/10 posting of "Status Match, No Catch Promo".

^

Received my Diamond card the other day.
Did you guys actually stay or did the points just show up? I registered more recently through the status match + 5000 link and wonder if I should just sit tight ...

Last edited by airshadow; Apr 18, 2010 at 10:34 am
Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:30 am

for some reason it just posted my comment twice ... deleting duplicate
Old Apr 18, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: SPG, Aeroplan, SkyMiles,Avis
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Thanks for posting Kohoutek^
I would also state that BW in the U.S. will have properties where a Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton won't. So if your travels take you to places where these guys aren't, BW may be your program of choice. BW also seemed to have decent amount of properties in Europe.
I agree... as a CO-OP (ie. not for profit organisation created to the benefit of their members- the hoteliers), BW does attract a lot more smaller properties located outside big urban center while providing some sort of standards in their service delivery. And I stayed in a BW in Prague and this property was spotless and the quality of the service provided was above the one we have in Canada and US- I mean they had meat and eggs in the free breakfast! I would defintively recommand staying at a BW in Europe as the other big chains are just not worth it (look at the reviews of some Hilton properties in England) and the independant hotels can sometimes (in my opinion) be a bit dodgy unless someone make an extensive research of the property background.

But I will agree with other posters that they need to have a better and more uniform reward program: if they give upgrades, they need to give it to all the guests not just the one 'they know'. Furthermore, I would encourage the chain to go toward a tier separation as some hotels are at par with a Comfort Inn as some other are at par with a higher grade hotel. That would help the travelers to understand and guide themselves toward the numerous properties in the system.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airshadow
Did you guys actually stay or did the points just show up? I registered more recently through the status match + 5000 link and wonder if I should just sit tight ...
It's the OP's understanding that the 5,000 Status Match bonus points promo is awarded for your next qualifying stay to 8/31/10, after promo registration.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 2:17 pm

It's the OP's understanding that the 5,000 Status Match bonus points promo is awarded for your next qualifying stay to 8/31/10, after promo registration.
That was my understanding as well. I just wondered about it when I read the couple of "dittos" that immediately followed your post about having received the points. Stranger things (and unexpected points/miles) have happened
Old Apr 19, 2010, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That was my understanding as well. I just wondered about it when I read the couple of "dittos" that immediately followed your post about having received the points. Stranger things (and unexpected points/miles) have happened
The 5K points posted without a stay, but they then vanished just as quickly as they had appeared.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by soitgoes
The 5K points posted without a stay, but they then vanished just as quickly as they had appeared.
hopefully before I posted my comment, otherwise I might have just learned my first lesson as a new FT member (if so, apologies)
Old Apr 20, 2010, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hopefully before I posted my comment, otherwise I might have just learned my first lesson as a new FT member (if so, apologies)
Oh yes--they were gone within 24 hours.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Oh yes--they were gone within 24 hours.
Ahh, ok, good to know. I would have hated to have been a spoiler! And thanks again OP for the heads up on this promo. Data point - Hyatt Plat to BW Plat (Hyatt Plat from their recent free status promo)
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:21 am
Original Poster

...Data point - Hyatt Plat to BW Plat (Hyatt Plat from their recent free status promo)
I'd forgotten about the free Hyatt Platinum Status (for 180 days), so thanks for posting. Might be helpful for some.

As noted earlier, the free Radisson Silver offer gets BW Platinum.

Here's the Hyatt link: http://goldpassport.com/gp/en/aa/off..._mbr_src=TPL09
Old Apr 27, 2010, 1:51 pm

I'd forgotten about the free Hyatt Platinum Status (for 180 days), so thanks for posting. Might be helpful for some.

As noted earlier, the free Radisson Silver offer gets BW Platinum.
I sent them SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum. I received BW Platinum. I have a BW stay coming up, and even just a late checkout might be nice.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Did anyone NOT get upgraded to Diamond Elite?

And, if so, what particular status did you submit that apparently didn't fetch the coveted BW Diamond Elite status?
Originally Posted by rrgg
I sent them SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum. I received BW Platinum. I have a BW stay coming up, and even just a late checkout might be nice.
Bummer

Thanks for the post.
Old May 20, 2010, 1:28 pm

I don't see anything about 5k either, a lot of people have asked the same question but there's seems to be no answer...
Old May 21, 2010, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
I don't see anything about 5k either, a lot of people have asked the same question but there's seems to be no answer...
(j/k) It was mentioned right here:

Last edited by Kohoutek; May 21, 2010 at 10:15 am
Old May 25, 2010, 7:34 am

(j/k) It was mentioned right here:
yeah, but where on BW's site does it say anything about 5k?

if it was mentioned in a targeted e-mail doesn't mean everyone will get 5k

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.