FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak-420/)
-   -   Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak/344152-avis-discount-codes-put-awd-codes-thread-only.html)

49er May 23, 2021 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash (Post 33272609)
That you are an Amazon employee.

Ok, thanks

troyhouse May 23, 2021 8:57 pm

planning to use UTC code at DFW, would like to know if anyone has recent experience to share. thanks in advance.

IAHtraveler May 26, 2021 7:40 am

Originally Posted by troyhouse (Post 33273857)
planning to use UTC code at DFW, would like to know if anyone has recent experience to share. thanks in advance.

I'd be prepared with a UTC badge/other credintials, to pay the walk-up rate or be walked. Especially after posting in a public forum that you plan to use a corporate code at a specific location.

Daichovo May 26, 2021 5:08 pm

Looking for a code that works for unlimited mileage on one way, feel free to PM me TIA

IAHtraveler May 27, 2021 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Daichovo (Post 33281602)
Looking for a code that works for unlimited mileage on one way, feel free to PM me TIA

The only public codes that I'm aware of for one-ways don't include mileage (unless it's a returning the same city as pickup). Suggest you take a look at Priceline/etc as those usually include miles, but usually at a higher base rate.

COMMONC3NTS May 30, 2021 7:08 am

Is there any codes that work anymore?
Avis is showing $100 a day for rental from ORD and so is every other rental company. They are gouging people heavily right now.
None of the normal avis codes do anything like AARP or costco. You get almost the exact same price without a code.
One would normally get a code to be half of this rate.
What is everyone else doing???

AutoSlash May 30, 2021 7:42 am

Originally Posted by COMMONC3NTS (Post 33289847)
Is there any codes that work anymore?
Avis is showing $100 a day for rental from ORD and so is every other rental company. They are gouging people heavily right now.
None of the normal avis codes do anything like AARP or costco. You get almost the exact same price without a code.
One would normally get a code to be half of this rate.
What is everyone else doing???

Yes, the rental companies have tightened things up on discounts given the very low inventory in many places, but we're still finding plenty of deals for folks and many discount codes are still working including out of ORD.

M B May 30, 2021 10:28 am

Weekend Day Free

Hi guys, anybody here knows if there is a new free day on a 3 day weekend rental? I used to use the coupon TUSA014 about a year ago and now it doesn't seem to be working anymore?

IAHtraveler May 30, 2021 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by M B (Post 33290243)
Hi guys, anybody here knows if there is a new free day on a 3 day weekend rental? I used to use the coupon TUSA014 about a year ago and now it doesn't seem to be working anymore?

Seems that one is gone from the usual discount page: https://www.avis.com/en/amp/home

With the crazy low inventory and high demand, is anyone surprised the discounts are pathetic right now?

coolbeans202 Jun 3, 2021 9:04 am

Folks that received the "this reservation was made using a corporate AWD that requires validation..." did you end up being asked for proof? I have an upcoming reservation using a corporate leisure code I've used for years but wouldn't be able to show proof. I do occasional contract work for the company, though it's been a while so the link is tenuous, at best.

M B Jun 3, 2021 9:06 am

Originally Posted by coolbeans202 (Post 33300124)
Folks that received the "this reservation was made using a corporate AWD that requires validation..." did you end up being asked for proof? I have an upcoming reservation using a corporate leisure code I've used for years but wouldn't be able to show proof. I do occasional contract work for the company, though it's been a while so the link is tenuous, at best.

At non airport locations, I have been asked to show my corporate ID several times. But at airport locations, since I am a preferred plus customer , it's always automated and I directly go to the car.

josephstern Jun 3, 2021 11:27 am

Originally Posted by coolbeans202 (Post 33300124)

I had one yesterday at an airport. No issues. I'm Preferred, but not Preferred Plus.

That said, I have a corp code that's been on my account for years from a corp I now have no ties to, and I'm trying to remove it for all future reservations.

pitflyer Jun 3, 2021 3:17 pm

Wasn't asked for ID despite getting that message and having to go back to the counter to swap cars (the car that was auto assigned to me had expired plates). But I just got lucky and I was sweating bullets when I knew I had to exchange the car. Had a backup reservation at 2x the cost, but that was better than the standard Avis 4x the cost though. Its getting even more difficult now, where the best rate I can find is 4x and the Avis walk up rate is 8x.

coolbeans202 Jun 5, 2021 1:41 pm

Quick follow up...I was going to roll the dice on our reservation this weekend but our 6 month old son has an ear infection and the doctor strongly advised us not to fly. Looked at rebooking in several weeks but the non-discounted rate is many times higher which, strangely, makes me more hesitant to use the AWD. I instead went with Hertz where I can legit use a USAA discount and it was only ~$45 more than I would've spent at Avis.

PUCCI GALORE Jun 5, 2021 4:26 pm

I used a code that I found on here which saved me a LOT of money for a 24 hr rental in Spain - I mean in the order of €80. For the first time ever I was asked for proof and I simply said that this was booked for me by the organisation and not myself. Since I was old enough to be the Agent's mother if not Grandmother - that was the end of that. There's hardly any stock and frankly any rental is better than the car sitting in the lot.