Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by guv1976
Have you tried rebooking the reservation at avis.com, using the Costco AWD? Or calling Avis Customer Service and asking whether they can add your FFN to your existing reservation?
Did not try that. I have to go find my Costco membership # and that's at home. I'll try later and report here.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:12 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Did not try that. I have to go find my Costco membership # and that's at home. I'll try later and report here.
You don't need your Costco membership number to book directly with Avis. Just use the Costco AWD code and coupon number your original Costcotravel.com reservation was booked with.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by guv1976
Have you tried rebooking the reservation at avis.com, using the Costco AWD? Or calling Avis Customer Service and asking whether they can add your FFN to your existing reservation?
Was able to make this reservation directly with the Avis website using the Costco discount codes. Doing it two days later, I noticed the price went down $2. I'll take it!

But I still couldn't find any input field for airline frequent flyer numbers. There was a flight arrive section, but not a FF one.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Was able to make this reservation directly with the Avis website using the Costco discount codes. Doing it two days later, I noticed the price went down $2. I'll take it!

But I still couldn't find any input field for airline frequent flyer numbers. There was a flight arrive section, but not a FF one.
I believe you have to book using your Avis Preferred member number. You can edit your preferences on your Avis Preferred Profile to decide whether you want to earn Avis Preferred points or airline miles:

Keep in mind that you may be charged a "recovery fee" to credit airline miles.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:35 am

Awd u915590

FYI: Earlier posts have inquired about AWD U915590. Worked in PHL on a day rental. Associated with JELD WEN INC
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:19 am

Hello guys

Originally Posted by jdibber
FYI: Earlier posts have inquired about AWD U915590. Worked in PHL on a day rental. Associated with JELD WEN INC
Good morning,

You guys don't think we check this? ��

Last edited by anonymous1234; Oct 5, 2017 at 6:27 am
Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by jdibber
I tried this to check for a deal.
All feb 2018, ONT,
no promo code, compact = 853
after promo code, compact = 903
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Not much help, but A074800 gets it to $252 for an intermediate.
can anyone tell me about A074800. Citicorp Leisure Travel

who can use this? need id or anything?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:24 am

young person code FL

Hi! I'm renting for 13 days in FL from Destin to Orlando. I've hired cars twice before, including Miami to Destin, and have never been asked to pay young person charges, and always driven alone. However, I'd like to use a code that will waive them just in case! I do have the USAA one, which does waive them but it is supposed to also waive the second driver charge and doesn't...

SO does anyone have a code that waives young person fees and allows a free second driver? Our price right now is fine until you add on the $27 a day YP charge and the $13 extra driver charge... I'm taking my boyfriend to meet my family in FL for the first time and it would be great if we could share the drive!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:44 pm

Hi there,

What's the best/safest code to use? I remember using a Hilton Honor code before, but now I can't find it on the Hilton website.

Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:41 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by petey2428
What's the best
Depends on your date/location/type of car needed. Best to try any you're eligible for and then submit to AutoSlash.com and see if they can beat it.

What's the [deleted] safest code to use?
Any you're eligible for.

I remember using a Hilton Honor code before, but now I can't find it on the Hilton website.
The first page of this thread has a list of common Avis AWDs. However, a quick Google search shows that Avis/Hilton ended their partnership earlier this year, so I'm guessing "their" rates aren't great, unless you're a Hilton employee with the employee code.
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:45 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by elbw
Hi! I'm renting for 13 days in FL from Destin to Orlando. I've hired cars twice before, including Miami to Destin, and have never been asked to pay young person charges, and always driven alone. However, I'd like to use a code that will waive them just in case! I do have the USAA one, which does waive them but it is supposed to also waive the second driver charge and doesn't...

SO does anyone have a code that waives young person fees and allows a free second driver? Our price right now is fine until you add on the $27 a day YP charge and the $13 extra driver charge... I'm taking my boyfriend to meet my family in FL for the first time and it would be great if we could share the drive!
Doubt any would waive both of those fees as they're easy money makers for the rental agencies. If your BF resides with you, Avis should allow them to be a secondary driver for free. I don't see it quickly on the Avis.com page, but they historically allow a spouse or "domestic life partner" to drive the rental for free. To be listed as a DLP, they must share your residence and have proof via driver's license. If that's still the case, then you just need something to try and waive the underage fee. Good luck!

Section 4C of THIS LINK shows the domestic partner is still allowed if you sign up for Preferred Service. As is a coworker (if you happen to both be employed by the same employer). In both cases, the secondary driver must be 25.

Last edited by IAHtraveler; Oct 23, 2017 at 7:48 am Reason: Found Avis Terms
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:00 pm

Just used the Citi code with good results in ORD.
Unlimited mileage
Reg Price was $250, other codes were $200, Citi code was $128 for 4 days. (after all ........ taxes/fees the price is right at $200).

Citicorp Leisure Travel
A074800
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:55 am

Bombardier?

Anyone tried using Bombardier codes lately?

I tried using it during summer in France, didn't get asked any questions when picking up nor returning, but in the end was charged a walk-up rate instead. I am a Preferred member and asked sent a helpdesk inquiry about it later and didn't get any response.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:19 pm

Can anyone suggest a good code to use in Dec for DAB (Daytona Beach Intl), renting car for 3/4 days. Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.