Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:53 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by DrWrong
I'm booking a rental for January, and because I'm now located overseas, the system at Avis (like the one at Budget) gives me a total price that doesn't include all of the usual taxes and fees. So all I'm getting is the base rate with my "reservation" - am I right in assuming this means they're going to stick me with all the taxes and fees when I show up to pick up the car? It's very peculiar. If I claim to be a resident of USA, the rates are all different (same AWD), and the taxes are included. For example, as an overseas resident, my AWD gives me access to an Intermediate SUV for $368.05 with no taxes (pay at counter), whereas as a US resident the same AWD gives access to a Standard SUV for $319 (base) + $155.54 (taxes and fees) for a total (pay at counter) of $474.54. Does anyone have any idea what the deal is here? Is this just how they treat non-residents to a little "welcome to our airport"? Or is some unexpected generosity in store for potential visitors? I've already made a tentative reservation, but when I realized there's no tax on that, I wanted to hop on here and see if anyone has some insights.
Your final confirmation should show a breakdown of the base rate plus all taxes and fees. If it does not, then contact Avis for an email confirmation with the breakdown. You might also want to check around at alternate sites to see if you can find a better deal.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: United, Starwood, Hertz, Avis, AirNZ, AA, BA, Delta, AccorHotels, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Your final confirmation should show a breakdown of the base rate plus all taxes and fees. If it does not, then contact Avis for an email confirmation with the breakdown. You might also want to check around at alternate sites to see if you can find a better deal.
Thanks for that, this was my expectation as well. I've written to CS, so I'll update here when I've heard back from them. In the meantime, I've collected some screen grabs of the process step-by-step, and on the "Select A Car" screen, they do indeed assert that "Prices include Taxes, Fees and Surcharges" - so there's something going wrong - or just being confusing - in the system. This information bar only appears when I select a country other than USA for residency.

UPDATE: I did hear back from Customer Service within a day, and they have confirmed that the amount I'm being shown includes all taxes and fees and is the total amount I can be expected to pay for my rental. This means that, for this particular rental, it will cost me nearly $120 LESS to rent as a non-resident of the USA ($378 total) than it would cost to rent the exact same car if I were a resident ($496.23 all up). No complaints from me, but I do find it surprising.

Last edited by DrWrong; Jun 13, 2018 at 4:42 pm
Old Jun 18, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by DrWrong
I'm booking a rental for January, and because I'm now located overseas, the system at Avis (like the one at Budget) gives me a total price that doesn't include all of the usual taxes and fees. So all I'm getting is the base rate with my "reservation" - am I right in assuming this means they're going to stick me with all the taxes and fees when I show up to pick up the car? It's very peculiar. If I claim to be a resident of USA, the rates are all different (same AWD), and the taxes are included. For example, as an overseas resident, my AWD gives me access to an Intermediate SUV for $368.05 with no taxes (pay at counter), whereas as a US resident the same AWD gives access to a Standard SUV for $319 (base) + $155.54 (taxes and fees) for a total (pay at counter) of $474.54. Does anyone have any idea what the deal is here? Is this just how they treat non-residents to a little "welcome to our airport"? Or is some unexpected generosity in store for potential visitors? I've already made a tentative reservation, but when I realized there's no tax on that, I wanted to hop on here and see if anyone has some insights.
What are country are you claiming residency in?
Which AWD code are you using?
Why does your AWD give access to SUV rates when most are upgrades to intermediate level?
AWD = AVIS WORLD WIDE DISCOUNT

Last edited by euromannn; Jun 18, 2018 at 3:04 am
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:46 pm

Anyone know this one? D486600

Originally Posted by kmersh
Hi All!

I had removed an AWD that I had from a professional association that I belong to from my profile (as AVIS.com would use that even when I manually entered Costco for example) and it has been blank for a few years now, this morning I logged into my account to search for a car and found an AWD in my account that I did not add.

The AWD is: D486600

I have no idea what it is and a Google search returned nothing.

I did not add it my account and to my knowledge nobody added it for me, I checked with my Wife and that is not the AWD her employer uses, so I am completely stumped.
Anyone know what this discount code belongs to? Brings up fab deal for me... but I can't remember why the code is in my account either?!

Last edited by Mummabear; Jun 19, 2018 at 12:06 am Reason: Missed additional info
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: United, Starwood, Hertz, Avis, AirNZ, AA, BA, Delta, AccorHotels, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by euromannn
What are country are you claiming residency in?
Which AWD code are you using?
Why does your AWD give access to SUV rates when most are upgrades to intermediate level?
AWD = AVIS WORLD WIDE DISCOUNT
I used the AVIS family and friends AWD G883000 (only saves about $40 off the total), and I live in New Zealand. As I mentioned in my follow up, Avis includes all taxes and fees up front on the reservation price if you're a non-US resident. Maybe this has to do with international competition levels or some international legislation, but either way it's working out in my favor this time around.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:19 pm

need help, had to travel due to emergency issue. booked reservation using GE code for JFK pickup/return. Any issues using this code? I can also use Citi Leisure Travel code as both them had similar rates. Also, suggest if there are any other codes that would be even more cheaper..!!
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by troyhouse
need help, had to travel due to emergency issue. booked reservation using GE code for JFK pickup/return. Any issues using this code? I can also use Citi Leisure Travel code as both them had similar rates. Also, suggest if there are any other codes that would be even more cheaper..!!
The issue with either code is that you may be asked for proof of employment and if you can't provide it, you'd be charged the walk-up rate. Other than that, no issues.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:14 pm

The issue with either code is that you may be asked for proof of employment and if you can't provide it, you'd be charged the walk-up rate. Other than that, no issues.
lol, ok, isn’t that true with any other codes??

Any other recent experiences of use of these codes in jfk?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:26 pm

It's true for any discount code you don't actually qualify for. It's probably worth checking for discount codes you do qualify for (Costco, USAA, Southwest Rapid Rewards members, American Express cardmembers, etc.) as the rate may not be all that much higher and then you don't have to worry about being challenged at the rental counter.
cblaisd likes this.

Last edited by AutoSlash; Jul 11, 2018 at 12:06 pm
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:02 am

Hi All,

First time poster here. I'm trying to find a good deal going one way from New Orleans Airport to Pensacola Airport July 14 1am - July 20 2pm. Over the last few days I've tried pretty much every code in this thread. Best I could find was using AWD G883000 (avis friends and family) with coupon code MUWA071 (25off). That's giving me a pay now rate of $578 total with taxes and fees for a Tahoe or similar with unlimited mileage. Do you think this is the best rate I will find for a one way in an SUV with unlimited mileage or should I keep looking? Does anyone have any other AWD that might get me a better rate? I don't mind doing a pay now, but will be bummed if a cheaper one comes up after I've already paid.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:11 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

It's true for any discount code you don't actually qualify for. It's probably worth checking for discount codes you do qualify for (Costco, USAA, Southwest Rapid Rewards members, American Express cardmembers, etc.) as the rate my not be all that much higher and then you don't have to worry about being challenged at the rental counter.
FYI, I rented in PHL recently and they have a sign near the Preferred Desk agents that basically says, "AWDs xxx, yyy, zzz, ... require proof from their employer before the contract is printed". There are at least half a dozen AWDs listed, two of them that I've seen in this thread, so be cautious using AWDs one doesn't qualify for.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:56 am

Used the ibm AWd at jfk and had no issues. Thanks to everyone who posted the code.

Last edited by IAHtraveler; Jul 11, 2018 at 2:11 pm Reason: Remove unnecessary information
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Bombardier again

Resurrecting this precisely because it is so useful. I am eligible for Costco and USAA discounts at Avis, but it turns out that the Bombardier AWD posted here gives me a price that is literally 45% of the Costco discounted price, even without the coupon code (no longer valid) that tcitjh posted.

Since I am renting for three weeks, it is very tempting to try my luck. Am picking up from a downtown location, not airport, if that makes any difference.

Any recent experience using this code? Other advice? Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:19 pm

The AMEX code A047900 is quite good right now. Gave me a great rate for a pick up truck rental in California. Costco was second best.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:35 pm

Hello everyone, I am asking you for help in finding a discount code, I am from Poland and going to the US I will travel along the East Coast, I would like to rent a car in New York 07 August and return it to New Orleans 25 August ,because traveling with family I'm interested in a class car full size or premum , however, due to the loan and one-way trip the cost he is very expensive. A few months I am looking for good codes and discounts, however, all of which are on the company's website and give me a discount of up to $ 1,600.
Well, this Forum I found a few codes and their use gives a very promising effect
A972200
A442100
G417900
B449700
However, I am afraid that they may be unrecognized when I am already picking up the vehicle. are my fears justified?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.