Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 18, 18, 9:03 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: IAHtraveler
Wiki Link
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account.

From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 18, 18, 11:46 pm

Anyone know this one? D486600

Originally Posted by kmersh View Post
Hi All!

I had removed an AWD that I had from a professional association that I belong to from my profile (as AVIS.com would use that even when I manually entered Costco for example) and it has been blank for a few years now, this morning I logged into my account to search for a car and found an AWD in my account that I did not add.

The AWD is: D486600

I have no idea what it is and a Google search returned nothing.

I did not add it my account and to my knowledge nobody added it for me, I checked with my Wife and that is not the AWD her employer uses, so I am completely stumped.
Anyone know what this discount code belongs to? Brings up fab deal for me... but I can't remember why the code is in my account either?!

Last edited by Mummabear; Jun 19, 18 at 12:06 am Reason: Missed additional info
Old Jun 20, 18, 8:02 pm

Programs: United, Starwood, Hertz, Avis, AirNZ, AA, BA, Delta, AccorHotels, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by euromannn View Post
What are country are you claiming residency in?
Which AWD code are you using?
Why does your AWD give access to SUV rates when most are upgrades to intermediate level?
AWD = AVIS WORLD WIDE DISCOUNT
I used the AVIS family and friends AWD G883000 (only saves about $40 off the total), and I live in New Zealand. As I mentioned in my follow up, Avis includes all taxes and fees up front on the reservation price if you're a non-US resident. Maybe this has to do with international competition levels or some international legislation, but either way it's working out in my favor this time around.
Old Jul 6, 18, 1:19 pm

need help, had to travel due to emergency issue. booked reservation using GE code for JFK pickup/return. Any issues using this code? I can also use Citi Leisure Travel code as both them had similar rates. Also, suggest if there are any other codes that would be even more cheaper..!!
Old Jul 6, 18, 6:58 pm
Company Representative - Autoslash

Originally Posted by troyhouse View Post
need help, had to travel due to emergency issue. booked reservation using GE code for JFK pickup/return. Any issues using this code? I can also use Citi Leisure Travel code as both them had similar rates. Also, suggest if there are any other codes that would be even more cheaper..!!
The issue with either code is that you may be asked for proof of employment and if you can't provide it, you'd be charged the walk-up rate. Other than that, no issues.
Old Jul 6, 18, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash View Post
The issue with either code is that you may be asked for proof of employment and if you can't provide it, you'd be charged the walk-up rate. Other than that, no issues.
lol, ok, isnít that true with any other codes??

Any other recent experiences of use of these codes in jfk?
Old Jul 6, 18, 7:26 pm
Company Representative - Autoslash

lol, ok, isn’t that true with any other codes??

It's true for any discount code you don't actually qualify for. It's probably worth checking for discount codes you do qualify for (Costco, USAA, Southwest Rapid Rewards members, American Express cardmembers, etc.) as the rate may not be all that much higher and then you don't have to worry about being challenged at the rental counter.
cblaisd likes this.

Last edited by AutoSlash; Jul 11, 18 at 12:06 pm
Old Jul 8, 18, 10:02 am

Hi All,

First time poster here. I'm trying to find a good deal going one way from New Orleans Airport to Pensacola Airport July 14 1am - July 20 2pm. Over the last few days I've tried pretty much every code in this thread. Best I could find was using AWD G883000 (avis friends and family) with coupon code MUWA071 (25off). That's giving me a pay now rate of $578 total with taxes and fees for a Tahoe or similar with unlimited mileage. Do you think this is the best rate I will find for a one way in an SUV with unlimited mileage or should I keep looking? Does anyone have any other AWD that might get me a better rate? I don't mind doing a pay now, but will be bummed if a cheaper one comes up after I've already paid.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Jul 8, 18, 1:11 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AutoSlash View Post
It's true for any discount code you don't actually qualify for. It's probably worth checking for discount codes you do qualify for (Costco, USAA, Southwest Rapid Rewards members, American Express cardmembers, etc.) as the rate my not be all that much higher and then you don't have to worry about being challenged at the rental counter.
FYI, I rented in PHL recently and they have a sign near the Preferred Desk agents that basically says, "AWDs xxx, yyy, zzz, ... require proof from their employer before the contract is printed". There are at least half a dozen AWDs listed, two of them that I've seen in this thread, so be cautious using AWDs one doesn't qualify for.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 11, 18, 11:56 am

lol, ok, isnít that true with any other codes??

Used the ibm AWd at jfk and had no issues. Thanks to everyone who posted the code.

Last edited by IAHtraveler; Jul 11, 18 at 2:11 pm Reason: Remove unnecessary information
Old Jul 16, 18, 2:45 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Bombardier again

Resurrecting this precisely because it is so useful. I am eligible for Costco and USAA discounts at Avis, but it turns out that the Bombardier AWD posted here gives me a price that is literally 45% of the Costco discounted price, even without the coupon code (no longer valid) that tcitjh posted.

Since I am renting for three weeks, it is very tempting to try my luck. Am picking up from a downtown location, not airport, if that makes any difference.

Any recent experience using this code? Other advice? Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 18, 2:19 pm

The AMEX code A047900 is quite good right now. Gave me a great rate for a pick up truck rental in California. Costco was second best.
Old Jul 24, 18, 11:35 pm

Hello everyone, I am asking you for help in finding a discount code, I am from Poland and going to the US I will travel along the East Coast, I would like to rent a car in New York 07 August and return it to New Orleans 25 August ,because traveling with family I'm interested in a class car full size or premum , however, due to the loan and one-way trip the cost he is very expensive. A few months I am looking for good codes and discounts, however, all of which are on the company's website and give me a discount of up to $ 1,600.
Well, this Forum I found a few codes and their use gives a very promising effect
A972200
A442100
G417900
B449700
However, I am afraid that they may be unrecognized when I am already picking up the vehicle. are my fears justified?
Old Jul 25, 18, 3:09 am

Programs: National EE, Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, NEXUS
That Bombardier code is insane. Too bad every location in Toronto asks for ID if you use it.

A 6 month rental with Bombardier is cheaper than my company's generous code by $1000.

30 day rental with Bombardier Code: $692 for Intermediate or $713 for Full Size
30 day rental with company code: $899 for Intermediate or $922 for Full Size.

Unreal.

Originally Posted by spainflyer View Post
Resurrecting this precisely because it is so useful. I am eligible for Costco and USAA discounts at Avis, but it turns out that the Bombardier AWD posted here gives me a price that is literally 45% of the Costco discounted price, even without the coupon code (no longer valid) that tcitjh posted.

Since I am renting for three weeks, it is very tempting to try my luck. Am picking up from a downtown location, not airport, if that makes any difference.

Any recent experience using this code? Other advice? Thanks!
Nobody is going to let you use the Bombardier code without showing employee ID.

Tried it.

Last edited by manohman; Jul 25, 18 at 3:17 am
Old Jul 28, 18, 2:52 pm

Are all of these codes Bombardier, Delloyd codes or Aerospace? I need good codes for rental at RSW,Ft. Myers, Fl. Airport - Dec'18 that doesn't require ID at counter for Full-sized car.
A972200
A442100
G417900
B449700

Last edited by redren; Jul 28, 18 at 3:19 pm Reason: incomplete
Old Aug 3, 18, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
I found this interesting anomaly so I thought I would pass it on. I am renting a car at SFO for 4 days and used Costco travel to search for prices. Since I was doing a quick price check I put in the days of travel but used the default of noon for the pickup and dropoff times. The result was that Avis was the lowest price with about $220 for a fullsize car. So I was going to book it and since my flight arrives at 12:30 pm I changed the pickup and dropoff times to 1 pm. Much to my surprise the price jumped to $350 for Avis and they were not even close to the lowest price on Costco travel. Initially I thought I had just entered something wrong the first time so I went back and changed the time back to noon with the same days. Viola the price dropped back to about $220. So being an engineer I decided to try 12:30 pm with the result of $220 again. So how about 2 pm, back to $350.
So I don't know how to explain this but it seems odd that a half hour pickup/dropoff time change would result in $130 increase in rental price.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: