Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 1:16 am

i read from anther forum that there was a promotion and that Avis giving 45% off.

anyone able to share the promo code
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by recreant
Booked with 25% discount on Expedia and my online AVIS booking showed AWD code J933700, maybe it is useful for others !
I've just used this code on Avis.co.uk and it applied - happy days.
If my Quidco tracks through as well, its a very, very good deal.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
I will need to rent a car at SFO for 3 weeks. Using a couple of standard AWDs I've had luck with in the past gives me the best rate of $390 for a compact vehicle. Any tips on possibly getting a lower one?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:55 am

Sounds like a great price for SFO already
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:52 pm

A buddy of mine who works at a large tech firm gave me his Wizard number - rentals I am seeing with it come at a serious discount. But it does also bring up his name when I search for cars. I know the chances of being asked to verify employment are hit and miss, however if his name is linked should I still proceed using it? Just comparing his code to my Amex Travel is close to $1k savings for the 10 days I'm looking to rent!

EDIT: I was able to find the code associated with the company, and use that on search without his Wiz number associated and got the same rates. You can correct me if this is the wrong approach. Thanks!

Last edited by dtm1017; Feb 23, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:02 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by dtm1017
A buddy of mine who works at a large tech firm gave me his Wizard number - rentals I am seeing with it come at a serious discount. But it does also bring up his name when I search for cars. I know the chances of being asked to verify employment are hit and miss, however if his name is linked should I still proceed using it? Just comparing his code to my Amex Travel is close to $1k savings for the 10 days I'm looking to rent!
When you're logged into his account it's probably just applying the AWD for his company. Negotiated corporate rates are often (but not always) lower than publicly available discount codes (Costco, AAA, AARP, etc.). While enforcement is spotty, you may be asked for proof at the rental counter. There may be other discounts you're eligible for that come without risk. Worth looking into.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:25 am

There used to be a weekend $20 off rental that is going to expire in 3 days. Anyone knows if it is being replaced? I rent weekends only. Code was MUGA083.

Some more that I use. I never get asked for IDs.
A047900 if paying with Amex.
A631800
B270898
C846790
A442100
A440000
C062090
T757205
A108326
A359811
A108396
Old Mar 6, 2017, 2:24 pm

Full Size van rental

I'm looking to rent a full size van for my church for their youth volunteer week. I'd like to get them the best rate possible (to reduce our fundraising needs).

I started with autoslash:
Your 3 Days, 8 hours Rental
Skip navigation to car results
Rochester (ROC)
Pick-up: 09:00AM, Mon, Jul 24, 2017 - Drop-off: 05:00PM, Thu, Jul 27, 2017
The Autoslash rate for Avis full size van is $641.33

Here is the rate I could get using AARP
Due at pick-up: $628.11
Base Price: $495.88
Taxes and Fees: $132.23
That looks like a very good rate. Should I go with that one?

Thanks
Mike
Old Mar 6, 2017, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by mikegerard
I'm looking to rent a full size van for my church for their youth volunteer week. I'd like to get them the best rate possible (to reduce our fundraising needs).

I started with autoslash:
Your 3 Days, 8 hours Rental
Skip navigation to car results
Rochester (ROC)
Pick-up: 09:00AM, Mon, Jul 24, 2017 - Drop-off: 05:00PM, Thu, Jul 27, 2017
The Autoslash rate for Avis full size van is $641.33

Here is the rate I could get using AARP
Due at pick-up: $628.11
Base Price: $495.88
Taxes and Fees: $132.23
That looks like a very good rate. Should I go with that one?

Thanks
Mike
Our recommendation is to go with wherever you get the best deal. Just make sure you don't have to pay up-front as most of those deals have cancellation penalties and prices are likely to drop in the coming months.

That said, I just looked on AARP.com and I'm seeing $661.14 as the best rate. Are you sure you are using the same dates/time? If you are able to book at the lower rate and you don't have to pre-pay, just go ahead and then track the rental for lower rates at autoslash.com/track and we'll let you know if we find a better deal.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Did Avis change the AWD numbers recently? The codes I used to use still show the same prices as before, but when I go to book I get an error message. The rate code you entered requires an Avis World Wide Discount (AWD) number. Please go back and enter your AWD number or remove the rate code you entered.

Why does it display the prices under my AWD, the AWD I've been using for at least 15 years now, but then it won't let me book it?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Originally Posted by stimpy
Did Avis change the AWD numbers recently? The codes I used to use still show the same prices as before, but when I go to book I get an error message. The rate code you entered requires an Avis World Wide Discount (AWD) number. Please go back and enter your AWD number or remove the rate code you entered.

Why does it display the prices under my AWD, the AWD I've been using for at least 15 years now, but then it won't let me book it?
Not a change in the AWDs, but changes in their website coding. IIRC (having made the adjustment several months ago) if you log in, add the AWD to your profile, and then make the reservation, you'll be able to book the rez.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by lskohn
Not a change in the AWDs, but changes in their website coding. IIRC (having made the adjustment several months ago) if you log in, add the AWD to your profile, and then make the reservation, you'll be able to book the rez.
Or use avis.ca where the old method still works.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:23 am

I had a one-day rental in the Netherlands under the A515100 code for the locally very low rate of 33 eur/day. It turned out that the 200 mi included (and confirmed to me) were 200km - luckily this wasn't an issue for me. However, the insurance co-pay was 15,000 eur for this rate - up from 700 eur normally. Not a good thing.

Leading me to ask: are there any codes that include full insurance + all risk waver for renting with avis in the Netherlands against a good rate?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Spork
I had a one-day rental in the Netherlands under the A515100 code for the locally very low rate of 33 eur/day. It turned out that the 200 mi included (and confirmed to me) were 200km - luckily this wasn't an issue for me. However, the insurance co-pay was 15,000 eur for this rate - up from 700 eur normally. Not a good thing.

Leading me to ask: are there any codes that include full insurance + all risk waver for renting with avis in the Netherlands against a good rate?
You do realize that A515100 is a discount code for employees of Hewlett Packard right? It doesn't matter whether the insurance co-pay (excess) is 700 EUR or 15,000 EUR because if you have an accident and you try to use the insurance included with that discount code, the first thing you are going to be asked is to prove you work for HP. If you cannot show that you do, then the insurance coverage is likely to be null and void and you will be responsible for the full amount of any damage you caused. Just want you to be aware of the risks.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
You do realize that A515100 is a discount code for employees of Hewlett Packard right? It doesn't matter whether the insurance co-pay (excess) is 700 EUR or 15,000 EUR because if you have an accident and you try to use the insurance included with that discount code, the first thing you are going to be asked is to prove you work for HP. If you cannot show that you do, then the insurance coverage is likely to be null and void and you will be responsible for the full amount of any damage you caused. Just want you to be aware of the risks.
Has there been a case reported of this actually occurring? There was a thread in the Hertz forum where a member actually had an accident under this circumstance, but it was not clear that the member was in the end, on the hook for the full amount of the damage, and it ended up being a bunch of conjecture.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.