Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America Premium Rewards Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Old Jan 23, 2006, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, DL 1MM, Marriott PLAT, AVIS CHRMn Club, NATIONAL Exec Elite
D752500 - 30% International discount

This code is a great code and no id required
Old Jan 27, 2006, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by brentski
I recently had a trip to SJC and used code A153710 as the AWD with ZW as the rate code.
I noticed that this was listed here before as possibly a corporate code and sure enough, when I made the reservation online using that code, the rate type listed it as 'corporate', so I made a regular ent.book reservation just in case. The rates were almost identical,(about $55 for 3 days),though the A153710 was for a premium car while the other was for a full size car. When I walked up to the counter,the gentleman mentioned I had the 2 reservations listed. I told him I wanted the one with the premium size car and he processed it for me without any questions asked.
I used this code for a booking at LAS last week, and when I went to pick up the car I was told it was an AVIS employee rate and I needed authorization papers to use it. Was questioned several times as to who made the reservation, and somehow the system had found my corporate AWD #, even though I didn't use my full first name. Ended up having to pay my corporate rate, which was $59/day vs the $29/day this code gave me.

I would not recommend using code A153710!
Old Jan 28, 2006, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by limamike
D752500 This code is a great code and no id required
This code does indeed appear to give very competitive prices, and gets even better if you change the country of residence. So how does Avis enforce either?

My example was 9 days in Melbourne Australia in May for a full size car. A$624 with CoR set to USA and A$583 with it set to New Zealand.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Qantas Club, Avis preferred, Thrifty Blue chip/
Talking

Originally Posted by kiwibigdave
This code does indeed appear to give very competitive prices, and gets even better if you change the country of residence. So how does Avis enforce either?

My example was 9 days in Melbourne Australia in May for a full size car. A$624 with CoR set to USA and A$583 with it set to New Zealand.
Kiwi big dave

The rate difference is due to Avis adding different levels of insurance to the base rental rate. i.e If you were to rent a car in NZ as a Kiwi the rate should be lower than someone from say USA who is used to driving on the wrong side of the road.

When in May do you want a car in Melbourne for, as I can give you an AWD which will bring the rate down to A$378.00 for 9 days and a $700 standard excess plus GST. Just need to check any conditions on this AWD.

Last edited by rotuma1; Jan 28, 2006 at 3:28 pm
Old Jan 28, 2006, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by rotuma1
The rate difference is due to Avis adding different levels of insurance to the base rental rate. i.e If you were to rent a car in NZ as a Kiwi the rate should be lower than someone from say USA who is used to driving on the wrong side of the road.
Sounds logical, but still curious if Avis could ever enforce the country of origin nominated on the reservation. So if I nominated my country of residence as the USA (might reduce the insurance component of the base rate if it was for a country that drove on the right), but then presented my NZ drivers licence on check-in - what could they do? Presumably if all other conditions of the AWD code were met they couldn't / wouldn't do anything?

When in May do you want a car in Melbourne for, as I can give you an AWD which will bring the rate down to A$378.00 for 9 days and a $700 standard excess plus GST. Just need to check any conditions on this AWD.
That sounds fantastic ^ so would love to know the conditions too. The pick-up is 6pm on the 5th, the drop off at 8am on the 14th. And I need a child seat for a 2 year old

Thanks

kbd
Old Jan 29, 2006, 4:21 pm

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
Has anyone tried AWD# A541254? I just put that in at random one day and it seems to get me good rates.
Old Jan 29, 2006, 9:36 pm

Wink

Originally Posted by kiwibigdave
Sounds logical, but still curious if Avis could ever enforce the country of origin nominated on the reservation. So if I nominated my country of residence as the USA (might reduce the insurance component of the base rate if it was for a country that drove on the right), but then presented my NZ drivers licence on check-in - what could they do? Presumably if all other conditions of the AWD code were met they couldn't / wouldn't do anything?

That sounds fantastic ^ so would love to know the conditions too. The pick-up is 6pm on the 5th, the drop off at 8am on the 14th. And I need a child seat for a 2 year old

Thanks

kbd
The AWD is P786700. It is New South Whales Government rate. No ID required. The Excess is $700.00 or pay $12.00 per day to reduce to $200.00. I think a baby seat is $4.50 per day up to a maximum of $20.00?
Old Jan 30, 2006, 5:25 pm

Programs: United, Starwood
The L282800 code is an amazing discount. Thanks to ezmonee and everyone else in this thread.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 9:56 pm

The AWD is P786700. It is New South Whales Government rate. No ID required. The Excess is $700.00 or pay $12.00 per day to reduce to $200.00. I think a baby seat is $4.50 per day up to a maximum of $20.00?
hi, rotuma1,
I'm heading to melbourne for a few months for short term work.
Will be renting a car for a few days to travel.
As I'm not from Australia, will there be any problem using NSW's govt rate?
I'll be using my local drving license, and not Australia's license. Will that matter?
Then I have this Upgrade Coupon from my credit card, UPWA037. Can the 'overseas' credit card upgrade coupon be combined with NSW's rate?

I was browsing the forum, and I came across this post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518214
that surposely give the Avis Preferred Select Upgrade, can all these be combined to get the best deal possible?

This will be my 1st rental with Avis

thank you

btw, I am from Singapore holding a Singapore driving license.

Last edited by flanky; Feb 1, 2006 at 10:02 pm Reason: add additional details
Old Feb 4, 2006, 3:31 pm

Programs: ,starwood gold, fairmont premier,Aeromexico Platino
any good code for IAH

I am trying to rent a car in Houston for one day only. I tried almost every code and the rates are close to $90 for a compact car.
Is Texas that expensive for rental cars?? Never rented there before, so i am not sure what is going on.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old Feb 4, 2006, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mitchdew
I am trying to rent a car in Houston for one day only. I tried almost every code and the rates are close to $90 for a compact car.
Is Texas that expensive for rental cars?? Never rented there before, so i am not sure what is going on.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks
Try L282800, it worked for me at JFK where no other code did.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 4:48 pm

Red face

Originally Posted by flanky
hi, rotuma1,
I'm heading to melbourne for a few months for short term work.
Will be renting a car for a few days to travel.
As I'm not from Australia, will there be any problem using NSW's govt rate?
I'll be using my local drving license, and not Australia's license. Will that matter?
Then I have this Upgrade Coupon from my credit card, UPWA037. Can the 'overseas' credit card upgrade coupon be combined with NSW's rate?

I was browsing the forum, and I came across this post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518214
that surposely give the Avis Preferred Select Upgrade, can all these be combined to get the best deal possible?

This will be my 1st rental with Avis

thank you

btw, I am from Singapore holding a Singapore driving license.
I wouldn't bother with the upgrade, as most rates are about $1-$2 apert, expecpt upper cars.

Should be not problem with id as you could say that you are coming over to work for the Australian Musuem on short term assignment and are on a field trip in Victoria.

You will not get a lower rate in Australia using the AWD i provided. The preferred select code did not work for me in Australia.

Best value group is full size.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by lt1GM
Try L282800, it worked for me at JFK where no other code did.
Thanks but,
that code did not work either, still the same high rate.
Not sure why Texas is soo expensive!!
Old Feb 4, 2006, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by mitchdew
Thanks but,
that code did not work either, still the same high rate.
Not sure why Texas is soo expensive!!
IAH tacks on a lot of surcharges for their centralized rental car facility. But that wouldn't explain $90/day for compact. I have an intermediate reserved at National for a Saturday night a couple weeks from now for $28.09 all-in.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by themicah
IAH tacks on a lot of surcharges for their centralized rental car facility. But that wouldn't explain $90/day for compact. I have an intermediate reserved at National for a Saturday night a couple weeks from now for $28.09 all-in.
That sounds about the right price!!! But i went to National and asked for my date(Feb 16th to Feb 17th). It gave me a rate of $88 aprox.
Avis is a little higher than that.
Still trying to find a good discount code but so far nothing works.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.