FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only
Old Jan 28, 2006, 9:54 pm
kiwibigdave

Originally Posted by rotuma1
The rate difference is due to Avis adding different levels of insurance to the base rental rate. i.e If you were to rent a car in NZ as a Kiwi the rate should be lower than someone from say USA who is used to driving on the wrong side of the road.
Sounds logical, but still curious if Avis could ever enforce the country of origin nominated on the reservation. So if I nominated my country of residence as the USA (might reduce the insurance component of the base rate if it was for a country that drove on the right), but then presented my NZ drivers licence on check-in - what could they do? Presumably if all other conditions of the AWD code were met they couldn't / wouldn't do anything?

Originally Posted by rotuma1
When in May do you want a car in Melbourne for, as I can give you an AWD which will bring the rate down to A$378.00 for 9 days and a $700 standard excess plus GST. Just need to check any conditions on this AWD.
That sounds fantastic ^ so would love to know the conditions too. The pick-up is 6pm on the 5th, the drop off at 8am on the 14th. And I need a child seat for a 2 year old

Thanks

kbd