FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only
Old Jan 27, 2006, 2:25 pm
ExpoTrac

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by brentski
I recently had a trip to SJC and used code A153710 as the AWD with ZW as the rate code.
I noticed that this was listed here before as possibly a corporate code and sure enough, when I made the reservation online using that code, the rate type listed it as 'corporate', so I made a regular ent.book reservation just in case. The rates were almost identical,(about $55 for 3 days),though the A153710 was for a premium car while the other was for a full size car. When I walked up to the counter,the gentleman mentioned I had the 2 reservations listed. I told him I wanted the one with the premium size car and he processed it for me without any questions asked.
I used this code for a booking at LAS last week, and when I went to pick up the car I was told it was an AVIS employee rate and I needed authorization papers to use it. Was questioned several times as to who made the reservation, and somehow the system had found my corporate AWD #, even though I didn't use my full first name. Ended up having to pay my corporate rate, which was $59/day vs the $29/day this code gave me.

I would not recommend using code A153710!