Wiki Posts
Search

Complementary Preffered Select And Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2006, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, DL 1MM, Marriott PLAT, AVIS CHRMn Club, NATIONAL Exec Elite
Complementary Preffered Select And Upgrade

Create an Avis account and use the D752500 AWD Number, when it aks you for discount code- it will give you FREE PREFERRED SELECT STATUS AND FREE UPGRADES.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 9:42 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Okay, I gave it a shot since I was a bit bored waiting for a conference call to end. So I signed up and used that code. My membership informations howed 'My Avis', so I hit the enroll button for Preferred Service. Now it's Preferred... how on earth did you get to Preferred Select based on an AWD?
Old Jan 26, 2006, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Cerberus
Okay, I gave it a shot since I was a bit bored waiting for a conference call to end. So I signed up and used that code. My membership informations howed 'My Avis', so I hit the enroll button for Preferred Service. Now it's Preferred... how on earth did you get to Preferred Select based on an AWD?
Hes made several different claims with the AWD code, none of which I have been able to verify yet.

im not calling it cow dooty yet, but the scent is in the air.....
Old Jan 26, 2006, 8:09 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Qantas Club, Avis preferred, Thrifty Blue chip/
Originally Posted by limamike
Create an Avis account and use the D752500 AWD Number, when it aks you for discount code- it will give you FREE PREFERRED SELECT STATUS AND FREE UPGRADES.
I TRIED TO UPDATE MY PREFERRED ACCOUNT WITH THIS AWD AND IT DID NOT WORK. I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA, DOES THIS MATTER?
Old Feb 4, 2006, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott, Hilton
What is the difference between Preferred and Preferred Select?
Old Feb 4, 2006, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by hotstepper
What is the difference between Preferred and Preferred Select?
Only difference is that as a Preferred Select you have the right to be disappointed at never receiving an upgrade
Old Feb 4, 2006, 5:32 pm

Programs: Hertz #1 Club Gold, Hilton,Marriott,Omni, National Emerald Club, US Airways DM, Continental OnePass
how long from reg does PS show?
Old Feb 6, 2006, 1:39 pm

Programs: Hertz #1 Club Gold, Hilton,Marriott,Omni, National Emerald Club, US Airways DM, Continental OnePass
Its not showing up as Perfered Select, How do I get it to do that?
Old Feb 6, 2006, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Cerberus
Where is that button to upgrade to Perfered Select?
Old Feb 6, 2006, 10:38 pm

What are the qualifications of Preferred Select?
Old Feb 7, 2006, 10:16 pm

Location: NY Tri state- but hangs out in nicer weather in west coast
Programs: CO Plat, National VIP, Avis PC,
I spoke to a representitive in the "special services" dept. and she said that you cannot get a select upgrade on line, rather you have to call them up.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 11:15 am

What are the qualifications of Preferred Select?
Answering my own question after talking to Avis:

In a 18-month period, you need 15 rentals or 50 rental days. However, they only update the system in March and October
Old Feb 13, 2006, 3:31 pm

I called Avis today, and they said I've been upgraded to Preferred Select. I guess I don't understand what the previous agent was talking about (March/October)
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:17 am

I called Avis today, and they said I've been upgraded to Preferred Select. I guess I don't understand what the previous agent was talking about (March/October)
no, you did. but if you meet the mark and get the right person, they can switch you to perferred select immediately. the auto updates occurr on those dates, but the right person with the right motivation can upgrade you anytime, except when the computer update is in progress and specifc items are out of order for the upgrade.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:49 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat
As a preferred select member, I'm still wondering what the big deal is. If anyone finds that there is a true benefit please let us know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.